Is this a Fad?

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I think I’ve watched 4 women’s basketball games… once when I was a student at state Candace Parker and TN played at the hump, I decided to go. State vs UConn in the final four, and the 2 national championship games. It’s definitely not as fluid as watching a men’s game. Feels more like watching a high school basketball game. But the final four game vs UConn was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever watched, regardless of sport.
Then you’ve missed out on a lot of great wins as a Mississippi State fan.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
I mean I feel like the more they hate on Clark and the more drama they create more people talk about it. Hell we are talking about the wnba on this message board. I know sports are slow right now but Stanley cup is going on and we are talking about Clark and Reese. Pretty smart if they are doing it on pur

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
You can't say this without sparking some sort of outrage these days, but if people can be serious for a minute, the WNBA is a slower, less athletic, weaker, and shorter version of mediocre high school boys basketball. It's not good basketball. It's just not, and Clark's popularity is coming mostly from the fact that she has a once in a generation all-around skill set that even current all star level players in the WNBA just don't have.

I'm not going to hate on the WNBA or anybody that chooses to watch it, but there's a painfully obvious reason that it's in the financial hole that it is, and people can see it any time they turn on a game that doesn't involve CC.
Seems the world is one big outrage machine these days (profound insight I know). It's been funny to suddenly see all of the talking/writing heads lecture with great outrage all things WBKB ever since CC blew up. I'd bet 90% of them hadn't watched 10 minutes in their lives or given 2 shlts but they got a new squirrel to chase, at least until another one comes into view. Not sure if it's a "fad" with the fans but you can be sure it is with the outrage machine.

I watch a bunch of college BKB, equal men and women (heck I watched the WBIT to the end) and I'd describe one as a clunckier version of the other but watch I do ever since the Dog's run got me hooked. On the other hand, I watch little to no WNBA (CC or not) or (M)NBA for that matter (add me to the list DCD). Assume we are supposed to use the "M" now?**

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The studs have arrived.
Donald Trump I Didnt Know These Women GIF by Election 2016

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The studs have arrived.
It was a legitimate question. I was not sure if you were saying I’ve missed a lot of good wins because I’ve only watched 4 games or I missed a lot of good wins because the UConn game was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever seen. Since you appear to have your feelings hurt, I’m going to assume the former is what you meant. My post was not meant to disparage women’s basketball (or sports)… it was really meant to point out exactly what I said, which was the best sporting event I’ve ever watched was a women’s basketball game.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It was a legitimate question. I was not sure if you were saying I’ve missed a lot of good wins because I’ve only watched 4 games or I missed a lot of good wins because the UConn game was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever seen. Since you appear to have your feelings hurt, I’m going to assume the former is what you meant. My post was not meant to disparage women’s basketball (or sports)… it was really meant to point out exactly what I said, which was the best sporting event I’ve ever watched was a women’s basketball game.

I wasn't the person you were responding to. I just assumed you were being a smartass about women's sports since it's such a treasured pastime here. Since you weren't, I apologize.

If you liked the UConn game, I highly recommend you watch this replay of the game that got State to that game. You'll be impressed...

Reactions: ronpolk
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login