Is this our "17 around and find out" week for the fanbase?...

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I will say it’s highly possible I don’t make the trip to Starkville for an 8:00 kickoff vs. Bama from 2 hours away if we lose and look bad losing. And I made the first three games so I may be considered an outlier super fan already based on prior discussions here.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
If we drop the game to USCe, I will put money on that there will be more crimson than maroon in the stadium for an 8pm kick.

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
I’ll always bleed maroon and white, but I will care a little less this season if the cocks beat us instead of us beating the cocks.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m afraid so, and what is honestly the most concerning to me is that I believe we’ve been out-coached 10 out of 12 quarters. Fortunate turnovers completely saved a very sloppy game against AZ, and it’s really just the 2nd half of week 1 in which we looked ok.

Also, fans checking out won’t only be about this season. Hadad has pointed this out a few times recently, but a crappy ‘23 season will mark the second time since ‘14 where we never had that “up” year during a 4 year cycle. If you can’t do it with a ridiculous amount of experience on both sides of the ball along with what appears to be a down year for the conference as a whole, people are going to stop burning their entertainment dollars on garbage like this past weekend

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If South Carolina just blows the team out of the building, then maybe. If it's a close loss, then not yet. It's still an SEC game on the road and State is a 6 point dog. Alabama at home the next week won't lose the fanbase because everybody fully expects to lose that one, even if Ole Miss beats them next week.

17 around and find out weeks are WMU and Arkansas. A loss to WMU ends the season because we should never lose to a G5 school ever and we're suddenly looking 3-9 or 2-10 right in the face (which includes a loss to Southern 17ing Miss at home). If we win WMU and lose to Arkansas, even on the road, the fanbase starts to check out because the path to 6 wins and bowl eligibility takes a big hit.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If South Carolina just blows the team out of the building, then maybe. If it's a close loss, then not yet. It's still an SEC game on the road and State is a 6 point dog. Alabama at home the next week won't lose the fanbase because everybody fully expects to lose that one, even if Ole Miss beats them next week.

17 around and find out weeks are WMU and Arkansas. A loss to WMU ends the season because we should never lose to a G5 school ever and we're suddenly looking 3-9 or 2-10 right in the face (which includes a loss to Southern 17ing Miss at home). If we win WMU and lose to Arkansas, even on the road, the fanbase starts to check out because the path to 6 wins and bowl eligibility takes a big hit.
I think you are greatly overestimating our fanbase. We're a 6 point dog largely because we have looked like ****. People recognizing that we look like **** doesn't cause fans to move the goal post. If anything, it makes them more pissed about continuing on that path.

If we lose this game, the fan base will largely be checked out until we beat arkansas on the road. Winning against Western Michigan won't help (although losing will be disastrous for fan support). Even if we beat Arkansas, a ****** follow up against Auburn will bring the fanbase right back down even though at that point we'll really be at worst one off the pace optimistic fans were hoping for. Fans are just fickle and losing is bad enough, but losing while looking inept is just killer.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I will say it’s highly possible I don’t make the trip to Starkville for an 8:00 kickoff vs. Bama from 2 hours away if we lose and look bad losing. And I made the first three games so I may be considered an outlier super fan already based on prior discussions here.
I was about to post basically the same thing. Except that I couldn’t make the SELA game and my drive is 4-hours. A loss to SC combined with that 8:00 Bama gametime will be hard to get motivated for…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If we looked like warmed up dog crap again this week and then of course get blown out by bama when they are struggling I have a hard time making it back for the rest of the home slate. Homecoming might be a wash if we have a month of bad.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think you are greatly overestimating our fanbase. We're a 6 point dog largely because we have looked like ****. People recognizing that we look like **** doesn't cause fans to move the goal post. If anything, it makes them more pissed about continuing on that path.

If we lose this game, the fan base will largely be checked out until we beat arkansas on the road. Winning against Western Michigan won't help (although losing will be disastrous for fan support). Even if we beat Arkansas, a ****** follow up against Auburn will bring the fanbase right back down even though at that point we'll really be at worst one off the pace optimistic fans were hoping for. Fans are just fickle and losing is bad enough, but losing while looking inept is just killer.
Honestly... I look at the fanbase at large as being slightly less over reactive and curmudgeonly than the average SPS poster.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Honestly... I look at the fanbase at large as being slightly less over reactive and curmudgeonly than the average SPS poster.
I think you're definitely correct in this assessment (thankfully; and that applies just as much to me as other SPS posters). But I think you're still overestimating the fanbase. We're going to have fans that still come and support us just like we did in the Croom years, but I think a big chunk is going to become less invested.

Reactions: Dawgg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Probably is for a good many. Not like we've got the strongest fan base anyway.
I hear what you're saying and agree but looking back at my 50+ years as a State fan and all we've had to endure with the apathetic and incompetent administrations (both school and athletic department) continually making bad hires and stupid decisions, it's really kind of amazing we have the fan base we have .

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Too late. I have checked out.

This is eerily reminiscent of Moorhead, and I am still mad at the criminality of what that azzhat squandered, and now it’s deja vu all over again.

Experienced team, lots of talent, FLUCKED UP by azzholes who want to run a gaddamn system. What system?

Let “noodle arm” call back yard football schit, get open, and move the ball in the air 4 yards at a time, and quietly get next years signal caller and O line ready.

I am now invested in pulling for whomever plays Bama and ole miss, so this week, it’s the fighting meteors.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I’ve sat through these first 3 games and honestly have been pissed through about 8 of the 10 quarters I’ve been there (left at halftime Saturday). Team and game day put on by our school have been horrible.

I’m about to find other things to do.

We get our *** kicked again this weekend and look unprepared and I don’t want to hear shlt from anyone about other teams fans in our stadium. Look like you care and so will we.

While I’m at it, I get tired of hearing about opposing fans in “our” sections when our own school pimps a 3rd party ticket exchange. Stub hub and seat geek. You tell me how someone is supposed to know who’s buying them. They bought the tickets and can do whatever in the hell they want to with them. Faculty or not. If the school (who has a computer engineering department) wants to do something right design an in house ticket exchange. They can keep the juice off the sale and give back to the bulldog club. Hell if you sell them through their exchange there could be an option to donate a portion or all to bulldog club for points. It’s not that hard. Think.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
While I’m at it, I get tired of hearing about opposing fans in “our” sections when our own school pimps a 3rd party ticket exchange. Stub hub and seat geek. You tell me how someone is supposed to know who’s buying them. They bought the tickets and can do whatever in the hell they want to with them. Faculty or not.
Duh, you're supposed to go stand in the MSU gift section of the Starksville WalMart and gift your tickets to those fans looking for cheap gear there. Those are dedicated True Maroon fans up in there uh hu!

Seriously though, I'm the same way, its like selling your house, ebay products, Facebook Marketplace etc. You get an offer you CAN'T ask who the buyer is, what makes you think you can control who buys your football tickets online? And, w/ the cost of the tickets plus the premium, you definitely aren't going to tell anyone they can't sell them. I agree what others have said about the faculty ones though, faculty needs to show an ID w/ the ticket to prove they are faculty, just like students have to. If you sell them you have to sell them to faculty just like the students have to.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Duh, you're supposed to go stand in the MSU gift section of the Starksville WalMart and gift your tickets to those fans looking for cheap gear there. Those are dedicated True Maroon fans up in there uh hu!

Seriously though, I'm the same way, its like selling your house, ebay products, Facebook Marketplace etc. You get an offer you CAN'T ask who the buyer is, what makes you think you can control who buys your football tickets online? And, w/ the cost of the tickets plus the premium, you definitely aren't going to tell anyone they can't sell them. I agree what others have said about the faculty ones though, faculty needs to show an ID w/ the ticket to prove they are faculty, just like students have to. If you sell them you have to sell them to faculty just like the students have to.
The school needs to collect that premium. I have never and will never use those sites. We either eat them or sell on Facebook. If the school had one I would put extras in there every time. Collect your premium and give me the option of getting money either in cash or bulldog club points (and bulldog club keeps the money).

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'll say I'm done. I'll burn my Maroon is all that matters T Shirt. I'll get on here and vent blaming every person wearing maroon. Then this bunch will show a little life against Bama for maybe a quarter. Then they'll beat somebody and I'll be right back believing again. I've been down this road more times than I'd like to admit.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Weak-asses!! A real State fan does not walk out on the team. I stayed for the whole things Saturday, even when my best friend, an LSU professor, asked me if I had left the game at the end of the third.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Generally, I am looking for a competitive team.
Knowing that we played well, and looked like we knew what was going on, is important.
We will never win them all. WE are Miss State.

The end, is only temporary, never permanent.

But, we do not look good, so far.

Soon, will be NEXT YEAR!

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I’ll be at the game this weekend in South Carolina. If we play like we did in the last 3 quarters of the Arizona Game and the entire game against LSU we will get dragged and I will turn my attention solely on the Braves and await Mississippi State basketball

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
Too late. I have checked out.

This is eerily reminiscent of Moorhead, and I am still mad at the criminality of what that azzhat squandered, and now it’s deja vu all over again.

Experienced team, lots of talent, FLUCKED UP by azzholes who want to run a gaddamn system. What system?

Let “noodle arm” call back yard football schit, get open, and move the ball in the air 4 yards at a time, and quietly get next years signal caller and O line ready.

I am now invested in pulling for whomever plays Bama and ole miss, so this week, it’s the fighting meteors.
^^^^THIS, ALL DAY LONG^^^^

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login