Is today the day we find out about Mershon?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I thought the deadline is Thursday at 5 PM.

Also interesting is that Konnor Griffin has yet to sign. Is LSU going to get him?

Reactions: onewoof

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Angels have 4 unsigned picks. Not a given mershon would be offered the full 400K. They’ve been offering 150k for their late picks.

Reactions: patdog

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
It still is about which of the four the Angels want and can sign, nothing has changed that I can tell. With an extra 400,000 and they are trying to get multiple guys. I doubt they give it all to a 5’ 8” guy with limited power.

As great as he is for us, he may never make the show but that’s with any 18th rounder.

Personally, if we can get him anything in 6 figure range, he makes more playing for us per year and can get a bigger deal down road from MLB. If not, stay a 4th and get another payday from us and still be about as well off financially.

That is If it’s about $$$, but it seems he just ready to leave to me.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Personally, if we can get him anything in 6 figure range, he makes more playing for us per year and can get a bigger deal down road from MLB.

So if he turned them down and came back to school, he can get redrafted or does he stick with that team from this year?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It still is about which of the four the Angels want and can sign, nothing has changed that I can tell. With an extra 400,000 and they are trying to get multiple guys. I doubt they give it all to a 5’ 8” guy with limited power.

As great as he is for us, he may never make the show but that’s with any 18th rounder.

Personally, if we can get him anything in 6 figure range, he makes more playing for us per year and can get a bigger deal down road from MLB. If not, stay a 4th and get another payday from us and still be about as well off financially.

That is If it’s about $$$, but it seems he just ready to leave to me.
As I said in a previous posting, of the few guys (3) that I actually played with that got some MLB time it was two guys just like Mershon. They were middle infielders that could also play in the outfield. Those utility guys are very valuable to MLB teams.

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Where's he going? The portal is closed, and he never entered it.
According to terd… well I won’t go there… people need to read up on the portal rules… if merhson comes back it’ll be to mississippi state. He has no other options this upcoming season

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
According to terd… well I won’t go there… people need to read up on the portal rules… if merhson comes back it’ll be to mississippi state. He has no other options this upcoming season
You keep beating this drum like just about every single waiver application for sitting out hasn’t been approved instantly by the NCAA, who knows they are just one more lawsuit away from losing all control over the transfer windows. In fact, there were no designated windows at all between December 2023 and April 2024….the period before the DOJ settlement occurred.

There are a thousand loopholes to everything in the NCAA’s transfer “rulebook.” I’d bet anything that there will be multiple college baseball players that change programs between now and next spring without sitting….for one reason or another. There’s always a sick aunt / uncle / cousin / grandparent / godparent somewhere.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm still waiting to hear the actual amount Skenes got at LSU.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You keep beating this drum like just about every single waiver application for sitting out hasn’t been approved instantly by the NCAA, who knows they are just one more lawsuit away from losing all control over the transfer windows. In fact, there were no designated windows at all between December 2023 and April 2024….the period before the DOJ settlement occurred.

There are a thousand loopholes to everything in the NCAA’s transfer “rulebook.” I’d bet anything that there will be multiple college baseball players that change programs between now and next spring without sitting….for one reason or another. There’s always a sick aunt / uncle / cousin / grandparent / godparent somewhere.
But as of now. It can’t happen. So the fact you keep telling people or saying that these guys can re-enter the portal and just go elsewhere as of now isn’t the case. It’s at this moment 100 percent wrong.

You’d be willing to bet anything. This isn’t hard to keep track of and no it doesn’t happen. It takes more than a sick parent…. Again the more you talk the more it’s clear you know utterly nothing about how the transfer portal works.

if Mershon comes back to college, it’s to misssissippi state. That is the only d1 school he will be able to play at this next season…. This isn’t a guess… it’s a fact

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
He will come back. A great year will help him out bigly for next years draft. He is gonna bet on himself. 400k ain't much money and he ain't gonna get all that anyway

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
As much as I hate SOME aspects of NIL and the Portal, I've always thought Agent Restrictions on players were too harsh.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
So, today deadline? He either signs with them today or not.
That still does not mean he is 100% back as anyone can decide at anytime they are done with college or at least baseball.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
So, today deadline? He either signs with them today or not.
That still does not mean he is 100% back as anyone can decide at anytime they are done with college or at least baseball.
If I was Mershon and I do come back - I take the least amount of hours required in the fall to play and don't even attend class in the spring. Just concentrate on baseball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login