Is Turner hurt?

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
We would have to score 20+ runs to win anyway. Our pitching could not beat a Connie Mack team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He's had hamstring problems all season. He's being held out of the Baylor series, and presumably any mid-week games. Have no idea about next weekend though. I'm sure he'll play if at all possible.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
losing 3 of last 4? Is TCU that good?

Our problems are well documented. What are UM's weaknesses?

Oct 14, 2007
is about their only weakness. They hit for power, hit for average, run, play small ball, have great pitching. They've got power pitchers and offspeed pitchers. They'll lose a few because "that's baseball," but they're gonna be hell to beat all season. Barring a bad draw in the SR, I feel pretty confident saying they should make Omaha.

D

DiamondReb1083

Our pitching is exceptionally strong on the weekends. We have essentially 6 guys that could start for almost anyone on the weekends in Lynn, Satterwhite, Baker, Pomeranz (think David Price in a couple years), Bittle (the most unhittable pitcher I've ever seen in college so far, if he doesn't lose his control and confidence like he did last year, averaging over 2 k's per inning), and Cryer. Our hitting started off on fire but cooled big time in the last four games. When we lost the first game we started pressing and were pressing more and more as we feel behind in each of the games against TCU. They are a good team but we should have swept them. We lost the second game on Saturday by dropping a fly ball our centerfielder was camped out under. Would have gone to extras if he had made the catch.

Satterwhite had a very poor outing. The game that worries me most is Friday. I don't think your Saturday and Sunday pitching will be a problem but hey I didn't think any of TCU's pitchers would be a problem.

Hoping we'll get back in the offensive zone in the midweek and be ready to face Mr. Pig on Friday afternoon. Hoping we've seen him enough to be familiar and lay off his junk and make him bring it in the zone. I wouldn't be suprised by an Ole Miss sweep or an MSU series win (based on how we played this past week).

We also have to play better defense especially at SS and C. If y'all have basestealers they'll have a field day as none of our runners know how to hold a runner. Getting Henry on is the key for our offense and hitting with runners on base. We need to be patient at the plate as I see your pitchers enjoys handing out the free passes. Should be fun. Can't wait to hang out at the Dudy.

patdog

May 28, 2007
and he has TCU ranked 17th with the 6th toughest schedule in the country so far. They won a lot of games last year.

Other rankings of note:

UM - 13th
USM - 79th
MSU - 153rd

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login