It’s a bad bad thing

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Little early to be giving up. A .300 hitter doesn't get 3 hits in every 10 at bats. I think you have to have more than 1 SEC away game against their number 1 starter to declare it a total failure.

Historically I am sure you can correct me, but during my time our SS and 2B weren't great hitters. I can't remember too many middle infielders other than Adam Frazier who were really good hitters at MSU.

I am curious if the internet existed when I played if I would have been better or worse. Having a bunch of asswipes telling me I can't do something would sure give me a bunch of incentive to prove them wrong. Maybe I would have gotten it going earlier in my sophmore year. It can take time for some people to adjust to facing college pitching everyday. I am not ready to give up on these guys just yet. Also when you have that player leadership vacuum there can be an adjustment if no one is ready to take that on.

Come on Bruce, just two years ago we had Foscue and Westburg there. Brett Pirtle was a great hitter, Ryan Gridley was second in average his senior year. Going back further, Brad Freeman was a good hitter, Matthew Maniscalco could hit.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
At some point it’s stops being a “rocky start” and it’s just reality. That’s where we are now. Past “rocky start”. I don’t understand why people continue to make excuses for them.

Wild guess, are you under the age of 30?

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
We've played one SEC game against a great pitcher.

We haven't done ourselves any favors to host a regional with our bad losses, but let's step back from the ledge.

MsuDog1332

Mar 5, 2022
We've played one SEC game against a great pitcher.

We haven't done ourselves any favors to host a regional with our bad losses, but let's step back from the ledge.

And how many more great pitchers will we see the rest of the year? It’s the lack of adjusting and improvement among veteran players that is maddening.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
How is making reasonable assessements of the team's overall play in 19 games against largely unimpressive teams akin to standing on a ledge? Our team looks mediocre so far. That's easy to see while standing far away from any ledge. I hope we get better, but my hope is based on a sort of optimistic feeling not derived from watching almost every game we've played so far this year. I'll keep hope alive, for now. But hope and optimism aren't always based in reality.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Likely not many this year. But, how many non-great pitchers have we lost to so far this year in non-SEC play?

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Do us all a favor take your lack of baseball knowledge and lack of support and go back to nafoom where you came from

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I'm guessing your use of "us" means those on here who say ignorant and incorrect things. I'll be in Fayetteville this year in maroon and white sitting with my Arky relatives. I'll be the one with the National Championship cap. That makes at least 3 away series for me this year and I'm planning on one more. Weird thing for someone at Nafoom or a non-supporter to do, but you didn't share the logic that led you to make such a comment.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
What type of pitching have Kam James and Luke Hancock been facing for the last three years? What exactly are they trying to adjust to? And maybe that’s their problem. Maybe They spend too much time worried about what people are saying on Twitter. And what does your time playing have anything to do with now? Times have changed and your middle infield needs to be able to be serviceable at the plate.

You have an odd obsession with the middle infield somehow being who we should be relying on offensively. Dunno how much baseball you’ve watched, but SS, 2B, and C are the 3 biggest premiums for defense. In a perfect world, you don’t want liabilities in your lineup anywhere….but if you have them those are where you want them to be if they are elite defenders (or, at the college level, significantly better than their replacements). Thats the case we have on our hands, as luck would have it.

There’s plenty of blame to go around for this offense at the actual positions that are supposed to be producing big numbers (corner IF and OF spots, etc.). And yes, the middle IF needs to hit better too, but there’s no reason whatsoever to single them out over everyone else.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
And how many more great pitchers will we see the rest of the year? It’s the lack of adjusting and improvement among veteran players that is maddening.

What's really maddening is you posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over as if we couldn't read it the first 10 times.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I said I was sure you could correct me. Still if you look through the record books our best hitters have been outfielders and corner infielders and much more of them by a wide margin. With that said remember one of the big reasons for our NC was no errors in the CWS. The middle infielders need to be great defensively. Hitting very well is a bonus.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Funny you didn’t ***** about James and Hancock last year did you! So the team is off to a rocky start and all of a sudden you appear along with the other complainer’s.

Their weaknesses were masked by superb pitching that was mostly recruited by former coaches. I want us to be a good baseball team, but we are not right now. A first baseman should be over 5’6” to provide more reach and to provide a decent target for infielders. Cam James is too tall and slow twitch to play infield. Our middle infielders are pretty darn good defensively, but they can’t hit, which is a problem. Major holes in this team.

our pitching depth is conference USA level

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login