It’s a good thing they can’t dunk.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
This is being made into a much bigger deal than it is. Childish from the LSU girl to do it after the game is over, but not a big deal. Clark did it during the game, in a less demonstrative fashion, but she still did it. To the victor go the spoils. Also, Clark hasn’t played the victim card. People keep playing it for her.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is being made into a much bigger deal than it is. Childish from the LSU girl to do it after the game is over, but not a big deal. Clark did it during the game, in a less demonstrative fashion, but she still did it. To the victor go the spoils. Also, Clark hasn’t played the victim card. People keep playing it for her.
Oh I agree it’s not a big deal but there is a clear difference in the 2 things.

Also funny the First Lady wanted to invite both teams to the White House but that back fired!

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don’t really give a crap about trash talk and all, but absolutely should have been T’d up. LSU was way ahead but was still 45 seconds or so left when she was following her around doing it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t really give a crap about trash talk and all, but absolutely should have been T’d up. LSU was way ahead but was still 45 seconds or so left when she was following her around doing it.
For 10 plus seconds and twice. Probably closer to 15 seconds than 10.

if the roles were reversed, I’m guessing angel wouldn’t have kept her cool.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Am I the only one that thinks this girl's actions say as much about the coach and their program in general as it does her.
Not really... you should see the crap that goes on at AAU tournaments. The parents are worse than the kids on the floor. It's no surprise that players act like this, and no program is immune.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Am I the only one that thinks this girl's actions say as much about the coach and their program in general as it does her.
No more so than when football players fight. Do you think that says a lot about the coach?
Emotions can run high in a national championship and 18-23 year olds dont always have fully developed frontal lobes or the grace to celebrate in a positive manner.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
No more so than when football players fight. Do you think that says a lot about the coach?
Emotions can run high in a national championship and 18-23 year olds dont always have fully developed frontal lobes or the grace to celebrate in a positive manner.
Do you actually think good coaches don't realize this and take it on themselves to work on helping their players mature as people as well as athletes ? Sure there are going to be emotions in a game but to good coaches who care about their kids teaching them to control their emotions whether winning or losing (even if it means some bench time) is as important as winning itself sometimes. Good coaches know that the ones who never learn self control usually crash and burn sooner rather than later.........and CARE.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Do you actually think good coaches don't realize this and take it on themselves to work on helping their players mature as people as well as athletes ? Sure there are going to be emotions in a game but to good coaches who care about their kids teaching them to control their emotions whether winning or losing (even if it means some bench time) is as important as winning itself sometimes. Good coaches know that the ones who never learn self control usually crash and burn sooner rather than later.........and CARE.
Yeah, good coaches work with players to mature. Thats a process and the change isnt like flipping a light switch.
So if a player works on maturing and handling emotions for 2 years and then slips up by taunting on the field or court, is that a negative reflection of the coach? Or is that a positive reflection of the coach because without the coach's influence, that player would have slipped up many times sooner?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Yeah, good coaches work with players to mature. Thats a process and the change isnt like flipping a light switch.
So if a player works on maturing and handling emotions for 2 years and then slips up by taunting on the field or court, is that a negative reflection of the coach? Or is that a positive reflection of the coach because without the coach's influence, that player would have slipped up many times sooner?
I honestly can't answer that because I know nothing of this girls history.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I honestly can't answer that because I know nothing of this girls history.
Yet you said...

So you know nothing of the girl's history, but you think the girl's actions say as much about the coach and program as it does her(and that first post clearly wasnt a compliment)?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Time to let it go
In other words I don't give nearly as many 17's as the rest of you.

How many of those 102 points did the Human Eyelash score? Too bad she did not choose to act like the players on her own team that actually won the game for them but she knew the TV cameras were on.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In other words I don't give nearly as many 17's as the rest of you.

How many of those 102 points did the Human Eyelash score? Too bad she did not choose to act like the players on her own team that actually won the game for them but she knew the TV cameras were on.
In the championship game she scored 14% of her team's points, had 27% of her team's rebounds, and 23% of her team's assists. She ended with a double-double.

Reese was also a finalist for National Player of the Year, was 2nd in the country in rebounds, and now holds the NCAA record for most double-doubles in a season.

Reese, alongside her teammates, absolutely helped win the game for LSU.
Her gesure to Clark wasnt good, and following her around doing it was worse. My only point in posting the info above is to show its not like she is some scrub- she is a national POY finalist.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I don't get offended or upset at stuff like this, but it struck me as odd that when Clark first "did this move" it was in a different game to a different team, it wasn't directed at LSU. Reese stalking her around half the court doing it when it wasn't directed to her or LSU in the first place....just weird if you ask me.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Which generally is a reflection of coaching and/or parenting or lack thereof.

And, if a player does something, the coach can't always prevent that, but they can discipline the player. Obviously that won't happen here b/c of timing and optics.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Have they watched college baseball lately. The **** that has been going on for the last 2 years would have them clutching pearls.
College baseball has gotten out of hand with the taunting and bat flips. Nowadays, I think most people are over a casual bat flip but college baseball players seemed to be 100% intentionally trying to piss the other team off. It’s pretty annoying.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
College baseball has gotten out of hand with the taunting and bat flips. Nowadays, I think most people are over a casual bat flip but college baseball players seemed to be 100% intentionally trying to piss the other team off. It’s pretty annoying.
It really is. I blame it on Tony Vitello and the umps that have allowed it to continue. I figure a few more earhole’s might slow it down, but knowing our pitchers if they attempted to bean a guy, they’d probably throw a strike.

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
What I can't stand is the little gestures when they hit a double or triple. If a football player did the exact same thing that they do after getting a sack he would get an unsportsmanlike called

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login