It’s Lebby

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have no idea if it would work but his offense intrigues the heck out of me. I always assumed he would be the next Ole Miss head coach when Kiffin eventually leaves.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Reportedly making $5.7 million already as an OC. He'll fit right in here since he's accustomed to offensive criticism.......

"During the 2023 season, following two consecutive disappointing performances from the Sooners’ offense against Kansas and Oklahoma State, Lebby faced harsh criticism from the local press"

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Can’t reveal my source but it’s all getting ironed out now.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Reportedly making $5.7 million already as an OC. He'll fit right in here since he's accustomed to offensive criticism.......

"During the 2023 season, following two consecutive disappointing performances from the Sooners’ offense against Kansas and Oklahoma State, Lebby faced harsh criticism from the local press"
That's $5.7M over 3 seasons through 2025. It's $1.9M per year.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I hope this is wrong.

Kiffin is the OC at Ole Miss, so his time there doesn't tell me much.

He has done well at Oklahoma, but doing well with Oklahoma's players against the Big 12 doesn't tell me much, either.
But, they did beat Texas, who did Alabama. (No small feat)

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Lebby’s been in the top 10 nationally in scoring offense half his seasons as an OC. A down year for him is #25. Oklahoma is currently 4th in the country in total offense, scoring offense and total first downs.

We can be balanced in his system, we can be run heavy, we can find athletic QBs to add an element we’ve desperately missed under Leach. RB’s can really shine, and our history at that position is damn good.

This isn’t Moorhead’s RPO.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Lebby’s been in the top 10 nationally in scoring offense half his seasons as an OC. A down year for him is #25. Oklahoma is currently 4th in the country in total offense, scoring offense and total first downs.

We can be balanced in his system, we can be run heavy, we can find athletic QBs to run it. We can really let some RB’s shine in his system. We can find talented backs all throughout our recruiting footprint.

This isn’t Moorhead’s RPO.
What's with the statistics and facts? I thought we weren't supposed to use those things to express an opinion***

Last edited:

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I called for Lebby after seven minutes of extensive research on Wikipedia. He was with Heupel as a GA. He left OK to work with Art Biles ( who is his father-in-law) for years. He lost that job when Baylor fired Briles. He was at an NAIA college, when Heupel took over at UCF. Libby was OC when they went 12-0, and beat Malzahn’s Auburn in the Peach Bowl. He left UCF for Ole Miss and stayed two years at Ole Miss under Kiffen. He moved back to Oklahoma two years ago. His last game OU ran up 600+ yards on West Virginia. There are no coaches along his path who couldn’t coach football.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I was referring to the team that lost to Oklahoma State, Kansas and beat UCF by 2 points of which only one of those teams is even ranked. 31, 33 and 27 doesn't impress me much. Oklahoma and the conference they are in is known for high scoring offenses and not much defense. Am I looking at a different Oklahoma than you are ??

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Oh thats right they ran it up on Tulsa and Arkansas State. But hey, they are third in the Big 12. No HC experience anywhere. Maybe ( if he is the guy) he will come here and kill it but I highly doubt it. Big difference between State and Oklahoma. But from what I hear he probly needs a landing spot.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
That’s not good news If it’s Lebby.

We need a sitting HC even if it’s on the G5 level that can bring a ’ready to hit the ground running’ staff.

otherwise, you end up with the good ole boy syndicate that Mullen brought in from him being a coordinator

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Some of you guys would be upset with the University’s choice if Selmon announce that God would be our head coach next year, (Lucifer for one). You would go, “uuuuuh, has he ever been a power five coach.” Y’all are pitiful and can’t be happy.
Some might but I can name 5 or 6 coaches that have been mentioned that I would prefer. Oklahoma fans aren't even happy with Lebby. I have never mentioned him any where near my list. If they do announce him I'm sure everyone will try to support him but when it turns to **** they will say told ya so. Similarly to what some of us said about the last fiasco. It was doomed from the get go but no....we gone run the bawl and play defense...lol

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Some of you guys would be upset with the University’s choice if Selmon announce that God would be our head coach next year, (Lucifer for one). You would go, “uuuuuh, has he ever been a power five coach.” Y’all are pitiful and can’t be happy.
You are trying to block their right to protest, to be themselves. Even if you are right.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login