It’s Lebby

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
You can protest all you want on this board, but God would tell you that you don’t know the future. Rupert must have had a crystal ball last December. I felt we were headed for disaster myself when the Leach staff left. We had held that class together for what Leach wanted.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We agree on that then dog99. Arnept was the wrong choice obviously but I didn't like it then. There was a handful that didn't. But the majority loved it. If we 17 it up again it's gonna be disastrous. This next coach will get 3 years regardless

Reactions: blitz2Win

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Can anyone explain why someone considered to be among the "top available head coaches" would want to take over your program?
What is attractive about the current situation at MS?
1. MS is in the SEC.
2. MS can pay $5M+
3. There is no obvious 3.
4. See 3.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Isn't Lebby the guy that Bo Bounds was laughing at the fans for mentioning? A few weeks back.

Btw Bo, I hope we do better too.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Some of you guys would be upset with the University’s choice if Selmon announce that God would be our head coach next year, (Lucifer for one). You would go, “uuuuuh, has he ever been a power five coach.” Y’all are pitiful and can’t be happy.
Upset? Not really I would say more surprised. Dad works in mysterious ways, so I have been told. For the record, I like Lebby for all the reasons Strat put out, but I can also see the need to get a sitting head coach that brings a staff with him to hit the ground running. I think we are coming to see there is no perfect choice.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Isn't Lebby the guy that Bo Bounds was laughing at the fans for mentioning? A few weeks back.

Btw Bo, I hope we do better too.
I used to laugh every day at Bo myself before I got tired of his shtick years ago. I got to where I would rather drive down the road listening to the wind blowing in my open windows rather than listen to the hot air BS he was blowing

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Lol have you looked at his numbers? Do some research.

#4 nationally in Yards per game & Scoring
Have you ever seen an Oklahoma team that didn't put up big offensive numbers ? Did you just start watching football ? Who coached there and didn't?? It's the Big 12. Have you looked at their record? They beat UCF by 2 points. Do some critical thinking. I could **** a turd that would put up big numbers at Oklahoma. I would much prefer a sitting HEAD COACH that has a winning record over a few years.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I just have a hard time seeing us go after a coordinator without head coach experience right now. I could be wrong, but I feel like Selmon knows where we are with the conference and program right now and we need a coach that can roll right in give stability and go toe to toe and be competitive with the expanded conference. I don't think as many times as I heard training wheels this year from media and boosters that we will hire another coach that needs training wheels

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Lashlee is still my favorite if we can't pull Gus or a Leipold. Sec power 5 experience as a coordinator and has merged experience with Gus and Dykes so his offense has tempo running and passing. Plus his defenses have improved from year 1 to 2. I hope we are pursuing him heavily and offering SEC. Hard to pony up to SMU money going to ACC, but I hope we are trying

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They were averaging 555 a game in 2016. 545 in 2015. They have always put up good numbers. Does not mean Lebby would be a good head coach. Comparatively speaking his numbers are not as or no more impressive than any recent OC at Oklahoma. So what else makes you think he is HC material ??

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Can anyone explain why someone considered to be among the "top available head coaches" would want to take over your program?
1. MS is in the SEC.
2. MS can pay $5M+
4. See 3.

Who is MS?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Iron Ironing GIF by 60 Second Docs

Reactions: HailStout

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Bump. Credit where credit is due. You called it days ago and it sound like it is Happening.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
1. MS is in the SEC.
2. MS can pay $5M+
4. See 3.
Why would you ask that question? You love OM, right?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The worst part about this is that I actually believe the OP. This hire was a one-man show from the beginning.

We Are…..

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login