It just dawned on me

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
that we have a 37- year old, first time AD that hired a 37-year old, first time head football coach.

I don’t know whether either of these guys will ultimately be successful, and getting our asses kicked by LSU in week 3 isn’t going to move the needle too much for me either way. However, I will say that I’ve felt a twinge in my gut about both being a little in over their heads at one time or another recently, and I’m starting to wonder if the utter lack of leadership experience on both sides is creating some of the current issues. Right now, I’m hoping they’re just growing pains, but there are bearable and unbearable ones, and this ship needs to get steered back in the right direction soon

**just remembered that Selmon wasn’t the one to hire him, but the point about inexperience still stands

Reactions: eckie1

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Man 17 that, Mullen was 37 too, it happens all over the country.

Arnett could have just kept things going for one more year, then made changes. That is (or should have been) the pretense upon which he was hired - let the events of today carry over into 2023. EVERYBODY would have been on board with that. Arnett received grace due to Leach, and the Leach's other guys deserved it too.

On top of that, he hired a guy who not only didn't run the Air Raid, he ran a disastrous offense for MSU. This is pro-style Croom level sh*t, not a running offense.

Again, 17 that age nonsense. More I think about it, I'm extending some blame to Keenum and Selmon too. Expectations should have laid out CLEARLY for everyone.

37 is a grown man. Heck 25 is a grown man. Just because some don't act like it don't make it untrue.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The good news is that we can cut bait with this coach for almost nothing if something better comes along. If he'd like to stay a head coach he needs to earn it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The good news is that we can cut bait with this coach for almost nothing if something better comes along. If he'd like to stay a head coach he needs to earn it.

We're more than likely going to have to pay off a baseball coaches contract after this coming season too.....

Reactions: MonkDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login