It only took a day but I’m down off the cliff now

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
With a healthy kicker this season looks a whole lot different. The offensive stumbles would be nothing but a little water under the bridge if we’re sitting here with nine or ten wins. My hate for Sam Pitman wouldn’t be so deep either.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Double digit deficits to Memphis and La Tech in the 2nd half are inexcusable. We overcame one.

If the offense doesn’t find its identity early next season we are going to go thru the same thing again. The only game we started off on the right foot was NC State and that was thanks to Tulu.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
You are spot on with this! Our offense has to come out ready to play on the first snap. Snoozing through the first 2 or 3 possessions killed us in our losses. We cannot afford to spot any team 7 to 14 points before we decide to play.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Young team on offense. They've actually taken to the offense fairly well in my opinion, just need to be more mature. That lends itself to being up and down. Defense has been pretty consistent, which should be the case at MSU, with the athletes we tend to get, as long as we can keep a decent coordinator.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Year 3 should be better, but keep in mind it's really like a Year 2.5. However, since JoMo was installing a passing scheme and teaching those techniques, it's understandable that we were a little farther ahead of schedule. I remember thinking that 2020 and 2021 would be dumpster fires back in 2018 when Mullen left, due to his recruiting. The fact that we made 2 bowl games is a testament to the coaching staff.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
inexcusable.
Get out of here with this "inexcusable" crap as if perfection is some type of standard for MSU football. It takes time and work, and you take nothing for granted.

You've had enough blowhard hot-takes over the past couple of days, time to calm down.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Down 20 to to LaTech early in the 4th is TOTALLY UNEXCUSABLE, especially in a year they sucked so bad (3-9 record) they fired their HC. Then to add salt to the would, they turn around and hire the HC that kicked our asses in the Liberty Bowl.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Down 20 to to LaTech early in the 4th is TOTALLY UNEXCUSABLE, especially in a year they sucked so bad (3-9 record) they fired their HC. Then to add salt to the would, they turn around and hire the HC that kicked our asses in the Liberty Bowl.
So why hasn't Leach been fired?

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Get out of here with this "inexcusable" crap as if perfection is some type of standard for MSU football. It takes time and work, and you take nothing for granted.

You've had enough blowhard hot-takes over the past couple of days, time to calm down.

We LOST TO MEMPHIS, idiot. It IS inexcusable. And don't give me that "the refs took it away from us" ********.

and 17 off.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Young team on offense. They've actually taken to the offense fairly well in my opinion, just need to be more mature. That lends itself to being up and down. Defense has been pretty consistent, which should be the case at MSU, with the athletes we tend to get, as long as we can keep a decent coordinator.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Year 3 should be better, but keep in mind it's really like a Year 2.5. However, since JoMo was installing a passing scheme and teaching those techniques, it's understandable that we were a little farther ahead of schedule. I remember thinking that 2020 and 2021 would be dumpster fires back in 2018 when Mullen left, due to his recruiting. The fact that we made 2 bowl games is a testament to the coaching staff.

We got a participation trophy bowl game in a 3-7 year. Let's not pat them too hard on the back.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
We got a participation trophy bowl game in a 3-7 year. Let's not pat them too hard on the back.

Without COVID, we likely would have qualified for one the traditional way. Mullen had multiple bowl years with 3 SEC wins and one with just 2.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Double digit deficits to Memphis and La Tech in the 2nd half are inexcusable. We overcame one.

If the offense doesn’t find its identity early next season we are going to go thru the same thing again. The only game we started off on the right foot was NC State and that was thanks to Tulu.

The poor special teams performance is the only thing I would consider inexcusable for this team. It persistently costed them games and opportunities. We would have all liked more consistency in all three phases but ST only had one great moment with Tulu’s return. Of coarse we should expect the O&D to get better but ST looks like it needs a change in leadership rather than minor tweaks.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login