It's a great day to be a GAMECOCK!

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

are like a plane flying into the Bermuda Triangle. Nowhere to be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kired

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
It looked finished on the app where you picked tickets this week, that being said, it will never be done!

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
are like a plane flying into the Bermuda Triangle. Nowhere to be found.

agreed. You would think they would want to highlight progress. Serious question, does our Athletic department suck? It's not that hard to post some pictures once a month

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
agreed. You would think they would want to highlight progress. Serious question, does our Athletic department suck? It's not that hard to post some pictures once a month
Our athletic department is a clown show. We have an incredible amount of turnover on a yearly basis within the department so nothing they put into motion either A. Has time to be planned and executed or B. Relationships with the vendors and outside partners required to put on a first class production are never cultivated. “Fan experience” is supposed to be a top priority but it feels like we just go through the motions on gameday.
We do everything half assed. I have a rig and the damn black fencing is torn up and has been for 3 years and nothing has been done about it.

Sep 4, 2012
Our athletic department is a clown show. We have an incredible amount of turnover on a yearly basis within the department so nothing they put into motion either A. Has time to be planned and executed or B. Relationships with the vendors and outside partners required to put on a first class production are never cultivated. “Fan experience” is supposed to be a top priority but it feels like we just go through the motions on gameday.
We do everything half assed. I have a rig and the damn black fencing is torn up and has been for 3 years and nothing has been done about it.
Amen

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Yep!

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I havent seen photos of the renovation, but looking at the seating chart and the 360 degree view, it doesnt look great.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The smartest play would have been to make the Hump a volleyball building and basketball practice. Built a new arena for basketball games and multi use.

Im so tired of the Larry Templeton "in the black" approach to facilities. Freaking borrow the money to keep up if you can't find donors.

We need a new basketball arena. We need a new west side of the football stadium. But I bet anything..... we half *** the west side in the future too.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
The smartest play would have been to make the Hump a volleyball building and basketball practice. Built a new arena for basketball games and multi use.

Im so tired of the Larry Templeton "in the black" approach to facilities. Freaking borrow the money to keep up if you can't find donors.

We need a new basketball arena. We need a new west side of the football stadium. But I bet anything..... we half *** the west side in the future too.
This ^^. I never thought it was a good idea for our former AD (who left us for f'n Auburn) to spend this much money on renovating a building that is nearing 50 years old. Especially, in an era where money is becoming less and less of an issue for SEC schools. Why didn't we try to "one up" the new one at Mississippi?

The Hump needs to be the new volleyball arena. A perfect spot for the new modern arena is right across Bailey Howell to the south. Demo Howell Hall (whatever that is) to make room and build a modern 8-10k seat arena. You could even re-align Bailey Howell and connect the damn thing to the new practice facility. Or build a pedestrian walkway over Bailey Howell to keep that important vehicular connection in place. That would create an "athletic corridor" from the Junction all the way North to Highway 182 and confine all athletics into that area. We could even create special street signs for the new specialized corridor.

Athletic Corridor, Greek Corridor, Old Main Corridor (buildings around drill field), Research Corridor (Research Park), Ag Corridor (North and South), Residential Corridor (north and south). Someone sign me up.

We have too much turnover at this ******* place to do anything reliable long term. Eat a dick Cohen

Last edited:
Reactions: MaroonSadness99

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I friend sent me these last week. According to him, it was still a good bit of work to get done.

IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpegIMG_0684.jpeg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Looks like it will be ready for the UTenn SEC opener January 10, 2024

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
I wanted to get a tour of the locker room that I got the naming rights to. So I if they could give me a tour before the Kentucky Football game since the women open the season two days later ....and they said they could but didn't give me a firm date .

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
It looked finished on the app where you picked tickets this week, that being said, it will never be done!
Well, so it seems the same, blue hair, unenergetic people are going to be courtside again. Man we actively try to make the Hump the worst atmosphere year in and out as we can.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Funny I just got an email from Bulldog Club saying the cowbell wall is almost done and what do I want to put in my bell? So they are apparently getting close inside???

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Well, so it seems the same, blue hair, unenergetic people are going to be courtside again. Man we actively try to make the Hump the worst atmosphere year in and out as we can.
I also don't have blue hair, shaved head it's a choice! Lol

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login