It's Coming: Pardons for all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Absolutely agree that this is finally happening. Since marijuana is legal in some states it's ridiculous that some of these old laws have not been updated. There needs to be new federal laws on the books, especially for fentanyl which is poisoning people in our country and not getting them high

We still have trouble paying for our groceries, and oil is gonna run out of the strategic reserves soon at this rate. We're 17ed

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I heard around 6500
Like others have said, there’s no one incarcerated for federal simple possession. Around 6,500 have been charged with it in the last 30 years. These appear to be empty words meant to mislead voters in the midterms. I’ve read that he doesn’t have the power to deschedule marijuana. If this was real, couldn’t he ask Congress to pass the legislation in an official announcement. That would put a lot of pressure on them to state there opinions before the midterms. Big nothing burger. Dangling legal weed to buy young votes for the democrats.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
If you truly wanted mariujuana decriminalized, then tell your sitting representatives that they either vote for it or you will be voting for a candidate that will.

It's that simple. You do not have to vote democrat, just a republican that pledges to vote for decriminalization. It is past time for that.
My Congressman is a pharmacist, whose pharmacy sold the highest amount of opioids of any pharmacy in Coastal Georgia - I'm pretty sure talking to him about MJ is pointless.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Like others have said, there’s no one incarcerated for federal simple possession. Around 6,500 have been charged with it in the last 30 years. These appear to be empty words meant to mislead voters in the midterms. I’ve read that he doesn’t have the power to deschedule marijuana. If this was real, couldn’t he ask Congress to pass the legislation in an official announcement. That would put a lot of pressure on them to state there opinions before the midterms. Big nothing burger. Dangling legal weed to buy young votes for the democrats.

If people are pardoned who have the conviction on their record, then they could improve chances of employment, housing, etc.
Doesnt see like a nothing burger to those people, even if its a small % of the total population.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Well, Boebert's kinda hot in a trashy way, but Greene ... yikes!
Washington DC/Politics is Hollywood/Entertainment industry for ugly people. You need to adjust your standards down if you're going to play this game. Anybody that's not a troll qualifies as hot. When an actual attractive person like Sarah Palin comes into the picture, people lose their minds.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Its always been difficult for me to want to see people jailed for possession. I dont use it, but definitely struggle to see some significant difference between going home after work to smoke a joint or eat an edible and going home to drink a bottle of wine on a Friday.

Driving while high?- sure there should be consequences. Underage use?- sure there should be consequences.
Having some weed in your pocket even though you are stone cold sober?- nope, thats a dumb arrest.

Decriminalization is whats ultimately needed. Well really whats first needed is that Marijuana is no longer a Schedule 1 drug. That is absolutely terrible and those who set it that way decades ago should be ashamed. Not being able to really study the effects is insane.
Serious question, but are people really getting charged with felonies for “simple” possession?

I mean it’s a felony for me to go buy a lot of things and sell it without the proper licenses, permits, etc.

I’m all in on people being pardoned for small offenses, but I’m not sure about large amounts with intent to sell.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login