It's official: Loggains as OC

Cock-n-Lateral

Oct 1, 2022
Nice to see how many message board warriors there are on this site that know more about football and football personnel than Coach Beamer.

Welcome aboard Coach Loggains. Don't listen to the noise from the basement.
I'll admit, I'm underwhelmed by the announcement, but not sure I'm supposed to be excited. Admittedly, I don't know if this is a good hire or not. In fact, if I had a choice, not even sure who I would choose. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say and what his personality is like. I do wonder about Shane's claims about inquiries though. Was looking for someone more "proven", I guess.

Cock-n-Lateral

Oct 1, 2022
Oh yeah one more thing.. totally agree about NIL. It's not just NIL, it's NIL combined with the portal (stating the obvious). I think they're going to have to modify the rules after a year or two.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
We are hiring a question mark. There apparently were no successful college OC’s that run a similar offense to what we want to do. I guess Loggains is the only person who is capable of doing such a thing. Maybe he will be great, but we are hiring a question mark when we had as much positive attention as we have ever had at an opportune time. I feel like a question mark at this point.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Oh yeah one more thing.. totally agree about NIL. It's not just NIL, it's NIL combined with the portal (stating the obvious). I think they're going to have to modify the rules after a year or two.
If they stick their heads into the ground and do nothing , I won't say that college football will die. But, its popularity will diminish greatly. If that happens to its popularity, the boys at Madison Avenue and in the suites at Manhattan, California and Connecticut are going to be unhappy and not willing to pay as much as they do today.

Cocky_Mike

Feb 17, 2022
I'll admit, I'm underwhelmed by the announcement, but not sure I'm supposed to be excited. Admittedly, I don't know if this is a good hire or not. In fact, if I had a choice, not even sure who I would choose. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say and what his personality is like. I do wonder about Shane's claims about inquiries though. Was looking for someone more "proven", I guess.
Let me put this more in context....

I've been building kitchens and bathrooms for 30 years. I have a resume' a mile long, I don't advertise, and I'm currently booking for Fall 2024. I turn down twice the work that I'm able to take. I'm pretty sure that gives me a little street cred. But, every now and then I have a client that wants to hire a "Designer." I've never met a designer that's built a single bathroom but they sure talk a good game.

I'll do what I always do... trust the Coach. He's done it. I've only talked about doing it.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Let me put this more in context....

I've been building kitchens and bathrooms for 30 years. I have a resume' a mile long, I don't advertise, and I'm currently booking for Fall 2024. I turn down twice the work that I'm able to take. I'm pretty sure that gives me a little street cred. But, every now and then I have a client that wants to hire a "Designer." I've never met a designer that's built a single bathroom but they sure talk a good game.

I'll do what I always do... trust the Coach. He's done it. I've only talked about doing it.
As a HC he's hired one OC. He rushed and did it poorly. This is round two.
Loggains has the appearance and street cred of a "Designer" and may just talk a good game. Coach may have been safer with someone who has a resume' with a success or two under his belt as the builder.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
As a HC he's hired one OC. He rushed and did it poorly. This is round two.
Loggains has the appearance and street cred of a "Designer" and may just talk a good game. Coach may have been safer with someone who has a resume' with a success or two under his belt as the builder.
Yes, this is the thing. His worst hire to start was Satterfield. Now he’s replacing him with another, at the least, questionable hire.

Nov 28, 2022
I will watch cause they have Gamecocks on the front of the jersey and because the ones on the field didn’t quit.

But “care” is not the word I would use for a bowl any longer. And I sure as he!! ain’t wasting money to travel to one. Think I will pay my power bill instead.

Oh yeah…shout out to Brandon and his cronies for this great economy. Love seeing groceries up 60%. Keep up the good work America. With the economy and college football, maybe we can screw up everthing that used to be good.
0 to do with politics. 0, but thanks for dragging completed unrelated and totally incorrect information into something that has nothing to do with it.
No choice now but to get on board and hope for the best.

Well hope is all we have because looking at his resume hope is all there is.

JPUSC

Jan 25, 2022
Was browsing some Arkansas boards and looks like senior Te Trey Knox entered the portal shortly after the Loggains news came out. With both him and Stepp being on the staff, maybe we can get him to suffice the loss of Bell.

Satchmo81

Joined Feb 5, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
At least he's not Satterfield?
ShattOnDuhField? Thank God he’s not! Loggains worked his way up the chain with the Tenn Titans to become the OC there before the owners cleaned house! He spent 13 yrs in the NFL, 7 as an OC starting at age 27. A 5’6” walk-on QB that earned a scholarship at ARK! He has a high Football IQ, well respected there by players and Coaches. And has become a strong recruiter.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
ShattOnDuhField? Thank God he’s not! Loggains worked his way up the chain with the Tenn Titans to become the OC there before the owners cleaned house! He spent 13 yrs in the NFL, 7 as an OC starting at age 27. A 5’6” walk-on QB that earned a scholarship at ARK! He has a high Football IQ, well respected there by players and Coaches. And has become a strong recruiter.
Nice to meet you, Mrs. Loggains!

Reactions: bayrooster

Satchmo81

Jan 21, 2022
I felt like this program went from a 4 to a 6.8 6.9 and in a matter of a few days capped off by the OC hire went to a 3.5.
I’m glad Beamer doesn’t trust your feelings! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Satchmo81

Jan 21, 2022
Nice to meet you, Mrs. Loggains!
Puss my kissy! I did research on the guy! And being the same height, and taking on challenges that bigger/stronger guys fail at and thrive. I understand his drive when he was in school and his ability to do what he did with hanging his hat with Adam Gase. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out. Transitioning to the college game surely is slower with more to work with than the NFL. I hope he knocks it out the park for 3-4 yrs and leaves us to be the HC at ARK !

princebombs

Feb 2, 2022
My extreme optimism has disappeared. This hire is a huge disappointment. By every objective measure, this looks like the coaching fraternity has weighed Beamer and no quality coordinators think he is long for the job.
lol.. you know literally jack **** about what this hire will be. Saban and Spurrier sucked in the NFL. There is really no comparison. This board is so toxic.

Satchmo81

Jan 21, 2022
He recruited 6 of 8 of the 4-star recruits Arkansas has this year and is 2023 Cycle 21st best recruiter on 247. Who is #25? Our very own Greg Adkins! We have strong 2023 OL class!

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

Yeah, I think his best attribute is he's NOT Satterfield.

I agree with highlighting the longevity of his nfl career, because the results during that time were not good.

2016 Bears OC: 17ppg (28th/32)
2017 Bears OC: 16.5ppg (29th/32)
2018 Dolphins OC: 19.9ppg (26th/32)
2019 Jets OC: 17.2ppg (31st/32)
2020 Jets OC: 15.2ppg (32nd/32)
2021: ARK TE Coach

And one publication named him the worst play caller in the NFL.

From another thread:
The good recruiter slant? That is the kind of comment that can be said and argued of most coaches, and it's hard to quantify. Was he the primary recruiter, was the school already a favorite for the recruit, was the head coach the real draw, or the offense/defense they run,etc.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Satchmo81

Jan 21, 2022
Yeah, I think his best attribute is he's NOT Satterfield.

I agree with highlighting the longevity of his nfl career, because the results during that time were not good.

2016 Bears OC: 17ppg (28th/32)
2017 Bears OC: 16.5ppg (29th/32)
2018 Dolphins OC: 19.9ppg (26th/32)
2019 Jets OC: 17.2ppg (31st/32)
2020 Jets OC: 15.2ppg (32nd/32)
2021: ARK TE Coach

And one publication named him the worst play caller in the NFL.

From another thread:
The good recruiter slant? That is the kind of comment that can be said and argued of most coaches, and it's hard to quantify. Was he the primary recruiter, was the school already a favorite for the recruit, was the head coach the real draw, or the offense/defense they run,etc.
Primary recruiter. You missed the 2015 Bears! He wasn’t the primary play caller with Adam Gase. He didn’t have fair skill players at those stops.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I feel like most Gamecock fans about this hire. But, he is our OC now. Have to support him and give him a chance. I certainly will be pulling for him.

We will know after the first 3-4 games whether Shane made a mistake. IF Loggains performance is like it was in the NFL, it will be obvious fairly quickly. I won't feel sorry for Shane over the criticism that would go Shane's way because he would have made his own bed.

Do we know who our first 3-4 opponents are next season?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Primary recruiter. You missed the 2015 Bears! He wasn’t the primary play caller with Adam Gase. He didn’t have fair skill players at those stops.

Primary recruiter, but from above, there are a lot of other factors. It's just not as easily provable as other things.

As for the 2015 Bears, I admit to copying this info. Was he the OC for another year too?

And I agree his talent level was lower at most, if not all, of those stops. The poem is, his talent level will be lower here than the upper third or so of our schedule.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I feel like most Gamecock fans about this hire. But, he is our OC now. Have to support him and give him a chance. I certainly will be pulling for him.

We will know after the first 3-4 games whether Shane made a mistake. IF Loggains performance is like it was in the NFL, it will be obvious fairly quickly. I won't feel sorry for Shane over the criticism that would go Shane's way because he would have made his own bed.

Do we know who our first 3-4 opponents are next season?

Unc
Furman
Georgia
Miss St
Tenn
Florida
Missouri
A&m
Jacksonville st
Vandy
Kentucky
Clemson

So, front loaded.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Satchmo81

Jan 21, 2022
And as you typed that funny post Beamer just lost is top 2 OL commits. Care for any more comedy....
They opened their recruitment back up. I would to if I didn’t know who my OL coach was going to be? They see an unknown. We get a good NFL experienced OL coach? A greater chance to get them back on track. If not? We got the portal and the best 2 Tackle prospects in SC history in 2024.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Like I said, this fanbase needs a reality check.

Dan Mullen? Nope.
Kendall Briles? Nope.
Riley Garrett? Nope.

Somebody named Dowell Loggains who NOBODY had even heard of that was voted one of the worse OCs in the NFL. Yep.

I told y'all if we ran off Satterfield that we would end up with some tired retread, and that is EXACLTY what happened. EVERY BIT of the momentum we built from Tennessee and Clemson is gone.

Nov 28, 2022
lol.. you know literally jack **** about what this hire will be. Saban and Spurrier sucked in the NFL. There is really no comparison. This board is so toxic.
You really don't know what literally means. I know a lot. Are you literally happy about getting a guy with no college play calling experience and was named the worst play caller in the NFL? I am underwhelmed. I am also worried that the team and recruiting is falling apart, that isn't me saying that. Read about the line decommitments and rush to leave via the portal.

Satchmo81

Jan 21, 2022
Unc
Furman
Georgia
Miss St
Tenn
Florida
Missouri
A&m
Jacksonville st
Vandy
Kentucky
Clemson

So, front loaded.
I’m glad when your $1 runs out. I haven’t seen a positive post by you. But, you are a Lurker. Most likely a Tater Troll! Lol

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I’m glad when your $1 runs out. I haven’t seen a positive post by you. But, you are a Lurker. Most likely a Tater Troll! Lol

What dollar? I think you have the boards confused.

I'll try to be less negative when posting the schedule.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Thanks Lurker. We should have a good feel early on if the guy is Satterfield 2.0.

Unfortunately, most of the easier games are on the back end. Instead of building momentum with early easy wins, we have to survive for a bit and rack up wins later.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
FWIW, a couple of his former NFL QBs, Cutler and Barkley, posted videos on Twitter raving about Loggains and saying we got a steal.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
FWIW, a couple of his former NFL QBs, Cutler and Barkley, posted videos on Twitter raving about Loggains and saying we got a steal.

That might sound good if I didn't remember players defending coaches like Muschamp. I guess I'm just saying that you can find players who speak well of even terrible coaches.

• Sad
Reactions: bayrooster