It's official: picked last in the West

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Saddens me to say that of all the First Team players listed, one is without a doubt the best RB in the SEC and I think probably the nation. Quinshon Judkins. Not sure how the Rebs get a player like this, but he is an absolute beast. If they can get anything out of Dart this year and with Judkins in the backfield, they will definitely put up a lot of points. Question again arises......can they stop others from putting up more points?

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
There were 8 people that picked Vandy to win the East, and 5 that picked them to win the SEC. There needs to be some kind of accountability here. Those picks are wild.
What kind of accountability did you have in mind. They are journalists. Throwing darts. Just like people do in the prediction threads here.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
What kind of accountability did you have in mind. They are journalists. Throwing darts. Just like people do in the prediction threads here.
I think all ballots should be made public. There's a difference between making a *somewhat* educated guess and trolling. The 8 people that picked Vanderbilt to win the East are trolling. Personally, I think their media day rights should be revoked for stupid stuff like this.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015

Vandy getting some SEC champ love.

Weren't we picked at the bottom last year too?.....and we finished 3rd. I got a feeling we beat LSU this year, and normally I'm the most pessimistic fan there is.

Last edited:

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Saddens me to say that of all the First Team players listed, one is without a doubt the best RB in the SEC and I think probably the nation. Quinshon Judkins. Not sure how the Rebs get a player like this, but he is an absolute beast. If they can get anything out of Dart this year and with Judkins in the backfield, they will definitely put up a lot of points. Question again arises......can they stop others from putting up more points?

Reactions: AstroDog

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Alright y'all succeeded in being banned. Go talk about it in your group email. I don't mind people from other schools coming to post here but be original and not incessant. You have to pick and choose when to strike.
Great job. Are you taking more suggestions?**

just-kidding-fred-armisen.gif

Reactions: dawgstudent

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022

I watched that kid play against my current hometown high school for two years. We got bumped up to 5A. The year they won state they beat us in the semis. But Pike Road is like every other new school in the Montgomery area. Hell on wheels for a couple of years while they recruit their *** off, then they always end up back at carver or jd or Lanier.

That guy is the real deal. I have no idea how much ole miss spent to keep him. Because I can tell you for sure, with freeze coming in and Jud wanting to be at auburn, buddy, ole miss had to spend some money. And if they say otherwise they’re full of ****.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
No, just come remind you of your place.
Buddy, I’m a lifelong Mississippi state and Miami dolphins fan… I’m dead on the inside. You can’t say anything that would bother me

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
More annoyed by Tulu being the third team return man after leading the country in return yardage two years in a row, and Jett not even making third team after he led the SEC in tackles last year.
While Jett might be the smartest man on the field at any given time, you must begin to ask yourself if he’s holding us back with his lack of speed and agility.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
They always pick State last, so when all those phantom penalty flags start flying, it doesn’t look so weird. The random viewer just writes it off as “oh well they were picked to finish last, so you knew they were gonna mess up”. The announcers will stress it heavy all year long

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
While Jett might be the smartest man on the field at any given time, you must begin to ask yourself if he’s holding us back with his lack of speed and agility.

Nobody has ever claimed he was going to be a first round draft pick. But he’s a good player, one of the best LB’s in the league, and there’s a lot of proof to back that up.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Jett is the man. Great instincts and I think he has less drop off as the game wears on. The model of reliability. Can't wait to see what this linebacking group does as a unit. Could quietly by one of the top 5 units in the league.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Jett is the man. Great instincts and I think he has less drop off as the game wears on. The model of reliability. Can't wait to see what this linebacking group does as a unit. Could quietly by one of the top 5 units in the league.
What did they finish last year?

Secfortheblind

Jul 23, 2023
Well as long as we have the trough feeders and the people that don’t want to spend any money it’s going to continue to be that way

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It will be interesting to see how these teams that have all this money newly invested in NIL will shake out because they all have more money than sense. The only one who does it right in front of everybody knows is Alabama, but they've been doing the money thing in front of everybody, like your coach owning a car dealership for a long time—the rest of these yahoos have just gotten into the big game.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It will be interesting to see how these teams that have all this money newly invested in NIL will shake out because they all have more money than sense. The only one who does it right in front of everybody knows is Alabama, but they've been doing the money thing in front of everybody, like your coach owning a car dealership for a long time—the rest of these yahoos have just gotten into the big game.
Yep, Bear Bryant used to "recruit" players before there were roster limits just so he wouldn't have to play against them. It is a tradition at Yellow hammer. Pruitt was just doing what his mentor does but got caught. Same goes for Alabama's baseball coach. Saban has it down to a science.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
More annoyed by Tulu being the third team return man after leading the country in return yardage two years in a row, and Jett not even making third team after he led the SEC in tackles last year.
The Tulu and Jet snubs tick me off. Being picked last? Meh... That's the norm. We just need to continue to prove them wrong.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login