It's Official

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
To be fair, I'm sure Texas St. watched our film and put a better game plan together.

Texas State runs a 4-2-5 which is the same number of guys in the box on standard formation. I checked their stats and the tackles were spread across the team pretty evenly. The DTs did not have a huge number, but probably did a better job plugging the middle since skattaboy averaged just over 2 yards per carry. In our game he had 2 yards before he took the dang handoff!!!***

Reactions: Rezdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Texas State runs a 4-2-5 which is the same number of guys in the box on standard formation. I checked their stats and the tackles were spread across the team pretty evenly. The DTs did not have a huge number, but probably did a better job plugging the middle since skattaboy averaged just over 2 yards per carry. In our game he had 2 yards before he took the dang handoff!!!***
The entire first half we only had 3 down lineman and two LB's.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Of course not. I don't think we could this year even if we wanted to (we don't). But he needs to be reminded that he has to hold his DC accountable. Not too worried about the offense long-term. What I see is simply a lack of talent on the OL and at RB. That can be corrected. What I see on defense is more than a lack of talent. It's poor coaching.
I agree and disagree. Poor talent can look like poor coaching, I'll hold judgement on the D staff until I see better talent. The dline cannot shed blocks and that is way concerning, but it could be strength and conditioning, poor coaching (technique) or just lack of talent. I think its to soon to know which it is. I too think Lebby will be ok as a coach but we will see what happens in December. Either coaching or recruiting or a combination.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Yeah.... I still can't believe he didnt stack the box after the 2nd drive of them running all over us.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I agree and disagree. Poor talent can look like poor coaching, I'll hold judgement on the D staff until I see better talent. The dline cannot shed blocks and that is way concerning, but it could be strength and conditioning, poor coaching (technique) or just lack of talent. I think its to soon to know which it is. I too think Lebby will be ok as a coach but we will see what happens in December. Either coaching or recruiting or a combination.
When you play 3/4 of the game with 6 in the box vs a QB that can’t pass for sh*t, that’s coaching.

Reactions: 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yeah.... I still can't believe he didnt stack the box after the 2nd drive of them running all over us.
Its an average high school coaching adjustment. Ive watched a lot of hs football the last few years and trust me its a very avg coach that would have loaded the box.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Were we scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Surely there were more qualified candidates willing to make great money for a couple of years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login