Jackson Mayor and Hinds County DA both allegedly part of federal probe...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Is this the spark Jackson needs?? Did it finally hit rock bottom?? Can I get excited??

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There’s a federal courthouse in Jackson. Exact same jury pool. They would be wise to move it, but will they?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
There’s a federal courthouse in Jackson. Exact same jury pool. They would be wise to move it, but will they?
You obviously don’t know where a federal court jury is pulled from. That venire will look different from a state court case. And the feds don’t 17 around. When they pull the trigger, the target is dead to rights.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You obviously don’t know where a federal court jury is pulled from. That venire will look different from a state court case. And the feds don’t 17 around. When they pull the trigger, the target is dead to rights.
Actually I'm friends with a US Marshal , a federal judge in Ms, and a couple of federal probation officers. I know a good bit about how the federal courts work. I was just making a statement. I'll admit to being a little cynical. I blame it on watching too much Dateline!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
At first you think he went to the school of ethic at Ole Miss law but he didn't. Ole Miss has a fine reputation for producing quality ethically acting lawyers and judges. *******

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Hinds is in the US Southern District of MS. Jurors will come from all over that area. However odds are good someone from will be on the juror. Only takes one to hang the jury.

What's interesting is during Voir Dire, hearing the questions the Attorneys ask to weed out potential jurors. Also the look on peoples faces when the juror pool is thinned and they are dismissed or selected for service.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login