Jackson Prep coach left?

Stocktrader75

Jan 2, 2020
I know maybe not of interest to the majority here….but really must have not been a good fit to go after one year…anybody have any insight?

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I know maybe not of interest to the majority here….but really must have not been a good fit to go after one year…anybody have any insight?

This is coming from a family member who works there and a friend's daughter who is a cheerleader. A lot of the other coaches were complaining about him. He apparently was an *** and was not a good fit. I don't know anything more specific than that but I had heard comments throughout the season about him that were not complimentary.

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
MAIS 6A needs to be playing in the MHSAA, in all sports.

I have spoken.

Why would they want to do that? Now they play 3 other teams and win a “championship”. Hartfield and JA would get smoked by 6A teams.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Why would they want to do that? Now they play 3 other teams and win a “championship”. Hartfield and JA would get smoked by 6A teams.
That's the issue you don't understand. That "championship" is nothing. I know it, you know it, and all the parents of those players know it. Sure they may get their rocks off because Prep vs. JA or whoever, but it means nothing except social status.

And I'm not saying that MAIS 6A have to play MHSAA 6A. They can play whatever division their numbers dictate (and probably play up, since they get to recruit). OR....they could play similar private schools from other states. Either one makes their "championship" more legitimate.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you. I mean seriously?

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

And I'm supposed to be feeling *what* exactly over this news?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They wouldn’t be 6A in MHSAA. I think they would be 3A or 4A? Someone probably knows on here.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I think he already knew what you meant. Hence the quotation marks on championship
I was explaining to him why they should want to do that. I know that those Prep/JA/Hartfield parents can be a little, well, "insulated" in their little bubble but I think even they realize that it would be better for their kids to expand their horizons beyond the Flowood metropolis. I just can't believe they are that dumb. Sheep maybe, but not dumb.

Aug 22, 2012
MAIS 6A needs to be playing in the MHSAA, in all sports.

I have spoken.

Prep, JA, etc. football is a joke. Play the public schools like they do in Alabama and then come back and talk to me. Would absolutely love to watch them play someone like West Point. Real eye opener that would be.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
MRA skull drug the second best 3A team in MS this year. They could've won 3A. Toss up in 4A with Columbia at worst.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That's the issue you don't understand. That "championship" is nothing. I know it, you know it, and all the parents of those players know it. Sure they may get their rocks off because Prep vs. JA or whoever, but it means nothing except social status.

And I'm not saying that MAIS 6A have to play MHSAA 6A. They can play whatever division their numbers dictate (and probably play up, since they get to recruit). OR....they could play similar private schools from other states. Either one makes their "championship" more legitimate.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you. I mean seriously?

6A is too much for them. 5A or 4A would be better and might even gain some players. Stranger things have happened. It definitely could create more rivalries.

MadReb

Oct 3, 2013
MAIS and MHSAA schools have been increasingly playing one another over the past several years. Of course those are non-conference games, but MAIS teams have generally done better than I expected. It helps that they are playing MHSAA schools similar to their own size.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Largest 4a school is right below 700. Smallest is usually right above 450. Don’t know the size of the mais schools in question

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
How do they measure the schools because some are just 10-12 and some include 9th dont they? But even with a multiplier those schools are no higher than 4A

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Man you are either the most bipolar poster ever or a complete douche or coach 34.
What do you disagree with, cowbell9? I mean I know you are a hot taking douche but humor me. Do you think being the best team of 6 is an accomplishment? Outside of a travel baseball tournament, that is.

They already do this in Alabama (successfully) so you really have no point at all. But maybe you can get DCD to downvote me.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Schools are measured grades 9-12, regardless of if the 9th grade is at the high school or a jr high. I think most of the 6A MAIS schools would be 4A in -MHSAA, and they'd be pretty competitive. Looking at Prep, their history against MHSAA schools is 1-1 vs Bassfield, 7-1 vs Forest, 0-1 vs George Co., 2-0 vs New Hope, 1-1 vs Newton County, 0-2 vs Oxford, 3-3 vs Pearl, 1-1 vs Taylorsville and 1-0 vs Yazoo City.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Schools are measured grades 9-12, regardless of if the 9th grade is at the high school or a jr high. I think most of the 6A MAIS schools would be 4A in -MHSAA, and they'd be pretty competitive. Looking at Prep, their history against MHSAA schools is 1-1 vs Bassfield, 7-1 vs Forest, 0-1 vs George Co., 2-0 vs New Hope, 1-1 vs Newton County, 0-2 vs Oxford, 3-3 vs Pearl, 1-1 vs Taylorsville and 1-0 vs Yazoo City.
They should probably have to play up a division from their numerical classification, since they can (and do) pull kids from outside a typical public school district. There has to be a way to make things fair. It's amazing to me how this does not resonate with so many people (not talking specifically about you patdog, just more of an observation in general).

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Alabama uses. 1.35 multiplier so they would all likely be 4A.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think some other states use a multiplier like 120% when classifying private schools. I don’t think MHSAA does with St Andrews & St Stanislas, but I could be wrong.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don’t know what your deal is but you have been a huge dick to everyone on this board for a while now. If someone disagrees with you, you berate them…Every. 17ing. Time. And it isn’t me downvoting you, you have plenty of people on here who don’t like you so cut the downvote paranoia BS.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Those Prep mamas would not be pleased with young Kincade Beauregard III having to play annual away games at places like Provine or Callaway.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Those Prep mamas would not be pleased with young Kincade Beauregard III having to play annual away games at places like Provine or Callaway.
At least Prep will venture out and play some folks. Some others *cough Hartfield* won't do it.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Originally Posted by 8dog
Alabama uses. 1.35 multiplier so they would all likely be 4A.

Gotcha, I saw you mentioned multiplier but I didn't know about that.

"
Good Lord, dude. Know what you're talking about before you post."

Eric Dickerson Recruiting - YouTube

Seems you need to take your own advice there toag...

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. I forgot St. Stanislaus is all boys, so MHSAA doubles their actual enrollment to classify them. Which is fair.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Funny you should mention Hartfield here, because nothing I've heard that Turner did was so serious that it couldn't have been overcome had he not lost to Hartfield twice in Hartfield's first year in the big boy division.

Had Turner finished 11-2 instead of 8-5 he'd be the Prep coach right now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login