James Caan as Brian Picccolo

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Watched it as a
kid and it was kind of stunning to a young boy. Watching El Dorado as I am typing this.

He knew how to chew up the Screen Time while he had it. He was an old school kind actor He was always solid.

Watching El Dorado as well. Part of my Wayne collection.

Aug 3, 2019
The Chicago Bears at the time played bit roles in the movie.

Folks like Dick Butkus respected Caan because he could hang with them on the football field. Could give and take their hits.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
One of the all time great tear jerkers! I loved the scene when Gale first got to camp and Brian asked if Gale remembered what he said to Brian:

Gale Sayers: Sorry, I didn't remember. I'm not very good at that stuff.
Brian Piccolo: Oh, golly. Hey, that's alright. I could see how you might forget, but, I sure couldn't. I mean, that was a heck of a talk we had, man. I said, "I'm Brian Piccolo. I - I hear we'll both be playin' for the Bears." And you said, well, I'll never forget it, you said, "Uh-huh." Just like that, "Uh-huh." Whenever I'm feelin' kinda low and depressed, well, well I think about that advice. You know, a lot of guys wouldn't have talked to me at all; but, not you. You just said, "Uh-huh." Just like that. Right out.
Gale Sayers: Uh-huh.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Absolutely great movie. I was living and working in New Orleans in the mid 60's and went to a Saints vs Bears game just to see Gayle Sayers. Got there and found out he wasn't playing due to an injury. Was so disappointed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login