James Franklin

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
I saw three things yesterday postgame that have totally affected my view of James Franklin. First, was the win. Second was when he broke off his postgame interview to give the kicker a sincere embrace with private words. The third was Drew Allar's post game interview where he sung his praise and loyalty to his coach. That was enough for me. I'm now all in with CJF.

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
Happy with the win, and proud of the team and the staff, but he’s still the same coach who will inevitably “Franklin” a loss from a winnable game down the road. I’ve never had any problems with him as a leader and role model for young men. The dude just doesn’t have “it” on the sidelines in a lot of key situations. That said, credit where it is due this weekend.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Happy with the win, and proud of the team and the staff, but he’s still the same coach who will inevitably “Franklin” a loss from a winnable game down the road. I’ve never had any problems with him as a leader and role model for young men. The dude just doesn’t have “it” on the sidelines in a lot of key situations. That said, credit where it is due this weekend.
Please tell me a coach who hasn’t “Franklined” a loss from a winnable game…I’ll wait.

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Monkey off his back and the program since '96 and going without a win vs USC.
Must win OSU at home.
With that being said, I wish that Franklin would stay as long as Paterno.
He's great for the program and University

Reactions: flash86

84lion

Oct 7, 2021
I was pretty happy that he grabbed that big flag and stopped the PSU players from planting it at midfield on the USC logo as well
Reminds me of the Al Bundy line from Married With Children - "No need to spike the ball, Peg."

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Kalen DeBoer after Vandy holding on line 2 for you.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Typical negative nabob. Every time the team loses it’s because Franklin “doesn’t have it on the sidelines”. I challenged this board to tell me what strategic decision Franklin made which cost them the Michigan game two years ago (the one where a Michigan TE took a simple crossing pattern 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage for the determine TD late in the game) and never received a response. My favorite was the reporter who said Franklin’s decision to punt on 4th and short after being down 7-0 early in the MSU game a few years ago in the snow “led” to MSU then driving 99 1/2 yards to make it 14-0 after the punt was downed on the 1/2 yard line. Like all coaches, Franklin makes strategic mistakes but sometimes things don’t work out due to lack of execution or because someone on the other team made a good play.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
It was the best day to date, in my opinion, of Coach Franklin's tenure as PSU head coach.
I love all of those things that people mentioned. I wonder though, how many people realize that this is James Franklin, the James Franklin that has been our coach for 11 years. His personality didn't change yesterday. His coaching style didn't change yesterday. He went for it on two 4th downs that I am sure a lot of people were ready to crucify him for, but they converted both which ultimately led to us winning the game.

I am a big James Franklin supporter and nothing yesterday changed my opinion of him. Some people seem to feel differently because we won the game.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Big road win, kudos to JF and crew. Think this might be Allars coming out party as well.
I sure hope so. It would help if he had a dependable running game. Great effort vs Illinois but only 85 yds against UCLA and 118 against USC (only 82 from our RBs).

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I saw three things yesterday postgame that have totally affected my view of James Franklin. First, was the win. Second was when he broke off his postgame interview to give the kicker a sincere embrace with private words. The third was Drew Allar's post game interview where he sung his praise and loyalty to his coach. That was enough for me. I'm now all in with CJF.
All of that was great but IMO this was a game where a loss could have cemented his reputation as choker in big games. The win was great but he still has to beat top 10 teams.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, Allar’s comments were really an eye opening moment!

Hopefully he comes back for the 2025-26 season!

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
All of that was great but IMO this was a game where a loss could have cemented his reputation as choker in big games. The win was great but he still has to beat top 10 teams.
Ultimately he's measured by whether his teams compete for and win championships, just like any other coach. This year, so far, so good.

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
This team has more swagger and confidence than any Penn State team I’ve seen in a very long time. That’s a testament to Franklin, the Big Zamboni, TA, and the rest of the coaches.

Is he going to lose winnable games going forward? What do you think? Of course he is. Is he one of best coaches in America? Yes he is.

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
We all want PSU and CJF to excel.....skeptics, advocates, and everyone in between

I would have punted on 4th and 7 and I would not have played for a field goal in OT with an inexperienced kicker

But both decisions worked out great

I am HAPPY about this. I am glad CJF's decisions turned out well

Some of you guys act like the skeptics don't want PSU and CJF to win....it's ridiculous

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
I love all of those things that people mentioned. I wonder though, how many people realize that this is James Franklin, the James Franklin that has been our coach for 11 years. His personality didn't change yesterday. His coaching style didn't change yesterday. He went for it on two 4th downs that I am sure a lot of people were ready to crucify him for, but they converted both which ultimately led to us winning the game.

I am a big James Franklin supporter and nothing yesterday changed my opinion of him. Some people seem to feel differently because we won the game.
I disagree. I think he has grown into his role regarding being the head coach on the sideline.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login