Jarvis Varnado wins SEC defensive Player of the Year award...

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Columbus Dawg said:
They returned 4 of 5 starters from an NCAA Tourney team and replaced the one guy they lost with a 5 star recruit. But I agree, he did a pretty good job.</p>

oem

Feb 23, 2008
oem said:
Columbus Dawg said:
They returned 4 of 5 starters from an NCAA Tourney team and replaced the one guy they lost with a 5 star recruit. But I agree, he did a pretty good job. Coach of the Year? No But pretty good job? Yes</p>
Gillispie was the reason that 5* recruit went to Kentucky and his best returning player - Meeks was healthy for 1 game. That program was in a death spiral with Tubby Smith at the helm. Too many dead recruiting classes. People post all the time - Tubby wouldn't have lost to Gardner Webb and San Diego. While I would buy the GW argument, but no way Smith gets this team in the NCAA's with Meeks and Jasper missing the time they've missed. While playing for Smith, I never saw anything out of Bradley and Crawford that would make me think they could lead a team like they have. The job Gillispie has done with those two and Stevenson is remarkable. With his ability to develop talent, once he starts getting Pitino like players, UK will go on another Final Four run.

</p>

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
through supper. He needs to put on the weight then turn it to muscle. If he's looking for a gal with meat on her bones, he might find one of those there too or maybe 100 of em.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
tecmsu06 said:
Pelphrey took over a senior laden-team and implemented a completely different style of play. He has done very well this year. I don't think he deserves COTY, but BG? Pearl should have taken it, easily.

He took over a senior-laden team that got their coach fired because they barely made the tournament last year. Then, this year Pelphrey has them in position to barely make the tournament with the same team. Like I said before, the team should have improved even with an equal coaching job to last year, yet they stayed still. So, how is that a coaching job "very well done"?

Heath's '07 coaching job >= Pelphrey's '08 coaching job
Heath=fired
Pelphrey=job very well done</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login