Jayden Walley and Simeon Price posting positive emoticons (assuming it's about Tulu)...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I will never understand why the WR position seems to attract attention whores and grandstanders. Go or stay, dude - make your decision. Just quit expecting everyone to kiss your ring while you do it.
Another reason why MSU has not been good at attracting them (or QBs) over the years. It's just not who we are or what we do.

After Barbay moves on in a few years, I really wouldn't mind if we went and got Rich Rod. Or if in need of a head coach, Malzahn. I loved the zig zaggy run-based passing game. Having a 'system' like that helps everyone seem faster too.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Another reason why MSU has not been good at attracting them (or QBs) over the years. It's just not who we are or what we do.

After Barbay moves on in a few years, I really wouldn't mind if we went and got Rich Rod. Or if in need of a head coach, Malzahn. I loved the zig zaggy run-based passing game. Having a 'system' like that helps everyone seem faster too.

So we’re the only P5 school in the country that doesn’t tolerate BS or shenanigans in the recruiting process for highly valued offensive skill position players?

Everybody needs elite talent at the offensive skill positions to compete for anything substantial in the SEC. And by that I mean a bare minimum of 1 or 2 total players at WR / TE / QB / RB’s getting selected in the NFL draft every damn year. You can’t get it done any other way. If it’s not “who we are”, then we need to change who we are, in terms of our recruiting priorities. The kids who are not being condemned but are rather being rewarded for their selfishness damn sure aren’t going to change their approach.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
The fact I am posting this is making me question my existence.
Tim And Eric Flirting GIF

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
So we’re the only P5 school in the country that doesn’t tolerate BS or shenanigans in the recruiting process for highly valued offensive skill position players?

Everybody needs elite talent at the offensive skill positions to compete for anything substantial in the SEC. And by that I mean a bare minimum of 1 or 2 total players at WR / TE / QB / RB’s getting selected in the NFL draft every damn year. You can’t get it done any other way. If it’s not “who we are”, then we need to change who we are, in terms of our recruiting priorities. The kids who are not being condemned but are rather being rewarded for their selfishness damn sure aren’t going to change their approach.
Right? Makes perfect MSU sense. Let's just ignore talented skill players because they are too much of a headache to deal with!! SMDH.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I will never understand why the WR position seems to attract attention whores and grandstanders. Go or stay, dude - make your decision. Just quit expecting everyone to kiss your ring while you do it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You're right. So we have to go find the Daks/Nicky Fitz/Will Rogers of the world. We can add in the divas here and there, but we can't have too many of them.

It's a futile effort. We can't act like the big money schools. We aren't them.

I'm guessing you aren't donating to the cause?

Reactions: GomJabbar

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
All these moronic players trying to get people stirred up over an existing player coming back. Yeah no thanks. If we land 2-3 other transfers in addition to Tulu, might get slightly excited. No way I'm fired up over someone for 'running it back' when they should be there in the first place.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Tulu was at eh bball game last night
Doesn’t really mean **** but he’s in Starkville

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You're right. So we have to go find the Daks/Nicky Fitz/Will Rogers of the world. We can add in the divas here and there, but we can't have too many of them.

I think that's probably the right approach. You need a strong base of 'never too high/never too low' guys with a couple of 'high risk/high reward' guys. The high risk/high reward guy that sticks out to me in recent memory is Kylin Hill. Great player that did a lot of great things here, but was ultimately inconsistent and benched himself. Luckily, we had strong players like Aeris Williams and Nick Gibson at that position that could fill in the gaps when he was down and/or out. His highs were MUCH higher than theirs, but they didn't just give up like he did.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think that's probably the right approach. You need a strong base of 'never too high/never too low' guys with a couple of 'high risk/high reward' guys. The high risk/high reward guy that sticks out to me in recent memory is Kylin Hill. Great player that did a lot of great things here, but was ultimately inconsistent and benched himself. Luckily, we had strong players like Aeris Williams and Nick Gibson at that position that could fill in the gaps when he was down and/or out. His highs were MUCH higher than theirs, but they didn't just give up like he did.
And remember, had Mullen stayed, and/or Leach actually coached him from the beginning, Hill likely would have been kept in check.

Moorhead was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

If we want to continue to not ever win any more than 8 regular season games per year, that’s a good plan. Except we’ll have to bring those types in far more frequently than before, because many of the ones that do pan out will leave. And we will have to spend exponentially more money to get and keep even that level of player than we ever did in the past. That’s all just to, maybe, stay at the same level we’ve been at, which is slightly above average.

It's a futile effort. We can't act like the big money schools. We aren't them.

I get it. Which is why the whole thing is so bad for MSU and for college football. Players win games….there is no other path. To quote Arnett himself, coaching is overrated. No magic bullet system or coach can save us. Saban himself wouldn’t be able to win more than 8 here either unless he drew an inside straight like we had in 2014 with the players and schedule. Unless you’re talking about a drastic move like leaving the SEC, our chances of increasing our profile are zero, and our chances of just sustaining the status quo aren’t great either.

I'm guessing you aren't donating to the cause?

Hell no. It’s not my battle to fight anymore. I’m way past the point of giving a sh*t, as there is no honor or camaraderie even in winning in this current environment. The satisfaction is completely gone. It’s only because I like football as a sport and because it provides a common thread for conversations with friends and family that I even watch MSU anymore. Win or lose, I am completely detached from it once the clock hits zero.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

Everything you typed I disagree with. Rich Rod? That would be giving up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login