Jeffery Pittman: He gone

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Where’d you get that, Rosey? After he’s gone? LOLOLOL you freaking sheep

Either way, he needed to be gone, as does Demooooontay
Not sure what to tell you Goat, but Jeff Pittman was fighting for PT this year and likely wouldn’t get much. Xavier Gayten, the true freshman is supposed to play Saturday as well. It’s a crowded RB room and he was the odd man out.

But please continue to root for this coaching staff and football program to fail because you have some strange agenda against them having success. I don’t get it.

4 more days and we can finally discuss football again and not your fantasies about seeing Jeff Lebby fail.

Reactions: Tripp McNeely

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure what to tell you Goat, but Jeff Pittman was fighting for PT this year and likely wouldn’t get much. Xavier Gayten, the true freshman is supposed to play Saturday as well. It’s a crowded RB room and he was the odd man out.

But please continue to root for this coaching staff and football program to fail because you have some strange agenda against them having success. I don’t get it.

4 more days and we can finally discuss football again and not your fantasies about seeing Jeff Lebby fail.
I didn't say he was the runaway starter, but he also wasn't shltty like the water-toters are making him out to be. Middle of the pack, for sure, and that's why Lebby FINALLY got rid of him after all the stupid shlt he's done.

Lebby's got a problem with discipline. You heard it here first. Joe Moorhead 2. Not a recipe for long-term winning at MSU.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I didn't say he was the runaway starter, but he also wasn't shltty like the water-toters are making him out to be. Middle of the pack, for sure, and that's why Lebby FINALLY got rid of him after all the stupid shlt he's done.

Lebby's got a problem with discipline. You heard it here first. Joe Moorhead 2. Not a recipe for long-term winning at MSU.
So what stupid **** has Pittman done?

Rumors are certainly encouraged

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

“Joe Moorhead 2” lmao

Comparisons are bound to happen, I get it. But let’s say Lebby has this hypothetical “discipline problem”. Okay. But if he proves to be a good coach, then that’s a really dumb 17ing comparison.

Just win. That’s all anyone wants. We can play this ‘holier than thou’ persona when it’s the offseason. But it’s almost time to kickoff and there will be nowhere to hide when we are putting up points and showing signs of our first competent offense since 2017.

Reactions: NTDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
“Joe Moorhead 2” lmao

Comparisons are bound to happen, I get it. But let’s say Lebby has this hypothetical “discipline problem”. Okay. But if he proves to be a good coach, then that’s a really dumb 17ing comparison.

Just win. That’s all anyone wants. We can play this ‘holier than thou’ persona when it’s the offseason. But it’s almost time to kickoff and there will be nowhere to hide when we are putting up points and showing signs of our first competent offense since 2017.
No coach in the modern era has succeeded by being a player's coach or lacking discipline. Rockey, Kang at the end, Croom, Moorhead all lacked discipline.

Kang originally kept it under control, and Mullen and Leach sure did. Mullen let it get away momentarily between 2015 and 2016, and then Leach had some issues during COVID, like every coach in the country.

Which group does Lebby fall into? I know what the early returns are telling me.....

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
No coach in the modern era has succeeded by being a player's coach or lacking discipline. Rockey, Kang at the end, Croom, Moorhead all lacked discipline.

Kang originally kept it under control, and Mullen and Leach sure did. Mullen let it get away momentarily between 2015 and 2016, and then Leach had some issues during COVID, like every coach in the country.

Which group does Lebby fall into? I know what the early returns are telling me.....
Why does he have to fall into any of them? I’m not suggesting Lebby will be a HOF coach (he hasn’t coached a game yet) but there have been very successful coaches who have had perceived “discipline problems” i.e. Mark Richt, Kirby Smart, Bobby Bowden

And can we let Lebby coach a game and have a full year of being our coach before we say he’s a coach with an X problem? Not sure what he’s supposed to do about Demonte Russell, seems like a nuanced situation that’s still being sorted out. And kids in every program get DUIs. That has happened with every coach and will happen going forward.

If kids start fighting at practice and we look very undisciplined this year with pre snap and tons of personal fouls then maybe you’re right. But I’m willing to let him coach a game before calling him Joe Moorhead 2.

Reactions: NTDawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Goat wants EVERY play to be a 3 yard pass.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why does he have to fall into any of them? I’m not suggesting Lebby will be a HOF coach (he hasn’t coached a game yet) but there have been very successful coaches who have had perceived “discipline problems” i.e. Mark Richt, Kirby Smart, Bobby Bowden

And can we let Lebby coach a game and have a full year of being our coach before we say he’s a coach with an X problem? Not sure what he’s supposed to do about Demonte Russell, seems like a nuanced situation that’s still being sorted out. And kids in every program get DUIs. That has happened with every coach and will happen going forward.

If kids start fighting at practice and we look very undisciplined this year with pre snap and tons of personal fouls then maybe you’re right. But I’m willing to let him coach a game before calling him Joe Moorhead 2.
Not really about Lebby, honestly, at the end of the day. But hey, if Lebby can turn it around, it's all good. I'll start from the beginning:

- I don't like how our fanbase treated Leach, it showed a fundamental lack of understanding. I actually didn't like the hire, because I knew we would not appreciate him, and I was right;
- I don't like how we treated Cohen, one of our own, who oversaw a national championship and also hired Jans;
- I don't like how our leadership and fans rallied behind Arnett, who was bltching behind the scenes, and how we hired him out of fear of him leaving. That shows EXACTLY how our fanbase felt about Leach, and how idiotic we are overall, considering what happened;
- I didn't like the hire of Selmon, and I don't think he's done a damned thing;
- Selmon made an easy hire of Lebby, so there's some default issues there as well.

Lebby himself hasn't done many things wrong in my eyes, outside of appearing to be a little lackadaisical with discipline. Rumors are he and Venables didn't get along over that very thing.

So for me, it's more disgruntlement towards the athletic department as a whole. There's your summation.

Edited to add: I 17ing hate &tate too as our main logo, and I know EXACTLY where that garbage came from - leadership. And Selmon was just the guy to do what he was told.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Not really about Lebby, honestly, at the end of the day. But hey, if Lebby can turn it around, it's all good. I'll start from the beginning:

- I don't like how our fanbase treated Leach, it showed a fundamental lack of understanding. I actually didn't like the hire, because I knew we would not appreciate him, and I was right;
- I don't like how we treated Cohen, one of our own, who oversaw a national championship and also hired Jans;
- I don't like how our leadership and fans rallied behind Arnett, who was bltching behind the scenes, and how we hired him out of fear of him leaving. That shows EXACTLY how our fanbase felt about Leach, and how idiotic we are overall, considering what happened;
- Selmon made an easy hire of Lebby, so there's some default issues there as well.

Lebby himself hasn't done many things wrong in my eyes, outside of appearing to be a little lackadaisical with discipline. Rumors are he and Venables didn't get along over that very thing.

So for me, it's more disgruntlement towards the athletic department as a whole. There's your summation.
Goat, it’s time to let the Leach era go.

We’ve talked in circles about this for months. I don’t understand the infatuation.

And according to an Oklahoma connection, the Venables - Lebby discontentment mostly centered around Venables putting a governor on Lebby’s offense. Quote “If Lebby is able to freely run his offense the way he wants, y’all will score a **** ton of points.”

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We’ve talked in circles about this for months. I don’t understand the infatuation.
You understand it perfectly. I just explained it to you. You just don't agree, which is fine.

One big reason I've stepped away from MSU sports in a big way is because your type is in the majority, it appears. I don't like the direction of things.

I would be happy to be wrong, but yeah, I'm gonna laugh if I'm not. What else can you do?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Edited to add: I 17ing hate &tate too as our main logo, and I know EXACTLY where that garbage came from - leadership. And Selmon was just the guy to do what he was told.
What do you mean how our fanbase treated Leach? He was an offensive coach that never averaged more than 30 PPG in modern college football. 6000 yards passing is great, but points are what wins games and we never finished in the top 45 in PPG. Holding an offensive minded coach accountable for production isn’t being unfair, it’s asking for results from a paying customer.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Goat, it’s time to let the Leach era go.

And according to an Oklahoma connection, the Venables - Lebby discontentment mostly centered around Venables putting a governor on Lebby’s offense. Quote “If Lebby is able to freely run his offense the way he wants, y’all will score a **** ton of points.”
Championing John cohen is madness. That as*hat is the sole reason Selmon took over a complete mess in NIL. His entire plan for NIL was some autographed baseballs because of course. He didn’t give a damn about anything but baseball and built a 60 million dollar palace while we have a football stadium (you know, the sport that allows baseball to exist) that looks like a trailer park. Cohen is complete trash.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What do you mean how our fanbase treated Leach? He was an offensive coach that never averaged more than 30 PPG in modern college football. 6000 yards passing is great, but points are what wins games and we never finished in the top 45 in PPG. Holding an offensive minded coach accountable for production isn’t being unfair, it’s asking for results from a paying customer.
This is what I'm talking about. I don't see how you can't grasp that he was here 3 years, and has needed multiple years to build wherever he's been, at which time the offense took off. And by the way, going to a bowl game in your first 3 years, with inherited players and your system not fully developed, is pretty damn good.

I bet you really do think Arnett won those games for us, don't you? How do you not understand that Leach has a proven track record of over 20 years? Facts and MSU fans don't go together. Patience certainly doesn't either.

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
You understand it perfectly. I just explained it to you. You just don't agree, which is fine.

One big reason I've stepped away from MSU sports in a big way is because your type is in the majority, it appears. I don't like the direction of things.

I would be happy to be wrong, but yeah, I'm gonna laugh if I'm not. What else can you do?
You’ve stepped away from MSU sports but still post a ton on a State message board?

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
It's an addiction, for sure.

I meant football. I'm still on board with basketball and b
You can't shut the hell up about anything. I shudder to think of the what you have pics of DS doing to be able to continue posting like you do.

You are the epitome of the Jeff Dunum skit talking about one of the dummy's wife.
***** B i t c h
***** B i t c h
***** B i t c h
***** B i t c h
NNNAAAGGGG!!!!

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This is what I'm talking about. I don't see how you can't grasp that he was here 3 years, and has needed multiple years to build wherever he's been, at which time the offense took off. And by the way, going to a bowl game in your first 3 years, with inherited players and your system not fully developed, is pretty damn good.

I bet you really do think Arnett won those games for us, don't you? How do you not understand that Leach has a proven track record of over 20 years? Facts and MSU fans don't go together. Patience certainly doesn't either.
they will learn the hard way. Look at all the vitriol that was thrown Leach’s way before last season, crowing about how much better Arnett was going to do. Mind you this is after Leach died going 9-4, finishing the season ranked, won the egg bowl, .....well.........where is all that talk now ?

a Segment of the fan base is just very very dumb

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
This is from an unnamed, completely reliable source that I made up. He got beat up by a 120 pound co-ed and we just can't have that kind of reputation on this team.***

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

The concept of nuance is foreign to you isn’t it?
I was critical of the production under Leach. I was also looking forward to an improved team under Leach in 23. That is not unfair treatment of him.
I think incorporating the run game a little more led to success and the numbers bear it out. That does not mean I wanted to RUN DA BAWL nor did I want the offense that we ran in 23.
Just because I was critical of Leach’s lack of scoring does not mean that I felt Arnett won games for us. The games where our offense sucked, we lost. Hell our offense didn’t score twice in one year. That is pretty bad. But again. That doesn’t mean I wanted him fired.

Reactions: ababyatemydingo

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019

Most of what you said is incorrect on a lot of levels. Maybe in your mind you have created this world where these talking points have merit. But the facts don’t adds up. It’s well I don’t like this person so that’s why I’m against them with no facts. And you have never financially supported any MSU sports, but you talk like some big league booster who knows the ins and outs. And one more thing. We didn’t run leach off he died, it was an old school MSU guy like cohen who hired ZA not Selman.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
And you have never financially supported any MSU sports, but you talk like some big league booster who knows the ins and outs.
Can't have an adult conversation when you say things like this. Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but one thing is for certain - you have no idea either way.

it was an old school MSU guy like cohen who hired ZA not Selman.
I'm well aware of the leadership that hired Arnett. That leadership did and does not think like Cohen did.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
they will learn the hard way. Look at all the vitriol that was thrown Leach’s way before last season, crowing about how much better Arnett was going to do. Mind you this is after Leach died going 9-4, finishing the season ranked, won the egg bowl, .....well.........where is all that talk now ?

a Segment of the fan base is just very very dumb
Please show me the posts where people were saying we were going to be better under Arnett.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Again, two grand jury's left in this year. I guess the DA could indict next year. I'm not sure if the charge therefore the SOL. However if the DA indicts mid football season, maximum media exposure.

edit: to add I'm betting the DA is ignoring the incident because.... well. Therefore a fine MSU student will have to file a lawsuit. Which could come mid season as well.

Last edited:

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Can't have an adult conversation when you say things like this. Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but one thing is for certain - you have no idea either way.

I'm well aware of the leadership that hired Arnett. That leadership did and does not think like Cohen did.
John Cohen was running this football program into the ground. Has Selman not stepped in this role there was a strong possibility that Jan’s would be elsewhere.
Tell me and the board. When was the last football game you attended… please

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
John Cohen was running this football program into the ground. Has Selman not stepped in this role there was a strong possibility that Jan’s would be elsewhere.
Tell me and the board. When was the last football game you attended… please
Ha! Cohen left in fall 2022. Football program was in good shape. That said....nobody saw Leach's death coming, but unfortunately the same leadership who wanted to keep Moorhead 3 years before that, made this hire and not Cohen. Instead of at minimum Spurrier Jr. on an interim basis, we got Arnett on what was told to be a permanent basis, so he could implement all his 'changes'. Truly idiotic.

As far as Jans......he came to play for Cohen, you dumbshlt! It wasn't until this past spring that rumors started that he wanted out. Who is currently the AD?

Talk about total delusion, regarding the evidence that is right in front of your face.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Ha! Cohen left in fall 2022. Football program was in good shape. That said....nobody saw Leach's death coming, but unfortunately the same leadership who wanted to keep Moorhead 3 years before that, made this hire and not Cohen. Instead of at minimum Spurrier Jr. on an interim basis, we got Arnett on what was told to be a permanent basis, so he could implement all his 'changes'. Truly idiotic.

As far as Jans......he came to play for Cohen, you dumbshlt! It wasn't until this past spring that rumors started that he wanted out. Who is currently the AD?

Talk about total delusion, regarding the evidence that is right in front of your face.
Goat you need to get some better sources my guy…. You have yet to have a factual response.

You can always tell in a thread the least informed are the Cohen defenders.
Again when was the last time you attended a game?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Goat you need to get some better sources my guy…. You have yet to have a factual response.

You can always tell in a thread the least informed are the Cohen defenders.
Again when was the last time you attended a game?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Leach was a head coach and OC. He was doing pretty well running the program even though he hadn’t gotten the pieces he needed to run the air raid. Clearly the way he ran the program helped Arnett a lot and let us be reasonably successful with an offense that wasn’t producing yet.

I think Leach could have gotten us rolling in the preNIL era. The type of players he could make successful would have been the types of players we could have afforded when everything was under the table. Not sure he was going to get there facing an uphill battle with NIL, but I do think he was still getting better on offense and we didn’t get to see his peak.

our universe of coaches that can be successful at MSU definitely got smaller with free transfers and NIL. i think somebody like lebby with a high tempo offense is as good a bet as any.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Leach was a head coach and OC. He was doing pretty well running the program even though he hadn’t gotten the pieces he needed to run the air raid. Clearly the way he ran the program helped Arnett a lot and let us be reasonably successful with an offense that wasn’t producing yet.

I think Leach could have gotten us rolling in the preNIL era. The type of players he could make successful would have been the types of players we could have afforded when everything was under the table. Not sure he was going to get there facing an uphill battle with NIL, but I do think he was still getting better on offense and we didn’t get to see his peak.

our universe of coaches that can be successful at MSU definitely got smaller with free transfers and NIL. i think somebody like lebby with a high tempo offense is as good a bet as any.
I completely agree with everything. I also agree with Goat that we have to be different. We are going to play at least 6 teams year in year out with more talented rosters than us. Our only prayer of winning more than 8 games is if we out scheme them. Hell we had 625 yards of offense against LSU in Leach’s first game. Sure Pelini helped but we did that by scheme. I’m pretty sure nobody else threw for 600+ against them.
What I don’t understand is this tribalism over Leach. If you had questions and wanted to see improvement you were unfair to him, if you felt everything was okay you were an apologist. I am in the camp that believes we would have had more than 30 PPG in 2023 but I wanted to see it. I also don’t believe that he recruited terribly either. We probably had one of the most talented pure QB and WR rooms in our history and the RB room was nothing to turn your nose at either.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
So you continue to prove my point by this gif meme or whatever.
Goat you didn’t attend Mississippi State you never have given to BC or BI. You haven’t even been on campus for a game in what 7,5, 10 years. Yet you spew BS information. Zero sources, zero support; zero financial investment. Get lost goat… your are a POS poster anyway

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021

Spurrier Jr as head coach would have been worse than Arnett. With the exception of Mason Miller all of Leach’s assistants have yet to get back to the power 5 level. And the clowns that he left recruiting up to Thackery, who has already been replaced at USC, Emerick, who Riley tried to replace, and Dudek, who will never work in college sports again, ran the talent pool into the ground. You are not educated on this subject. Leach was a great coach but he was the only one who could sustain what he was doing.

Reactions: MSUDOG24 and patdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
So you continue to prove my point by this gif meme or whatever.
Goat you didn’t attend Mississippi State you never have given to BC or BI. You haven’t even been on campus for a game in what 7,5, 10 years. Yet you spew BS information. Zero sources, zero support; zero financial investment. Get lost goat… your are a POS poster anyway
I’m sorry. I have been in the moment, is any of this true?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Spurrier Jr as head coach would have been worse than Arnett. With the exception of Mason Miller all of Leach’s assistants have yet to get back to the power 5 level. And the clowns that he left recruiting up to Thackery, who has already been replaced at USC, Emerick, who Riley tried to replace, and Dudek, who will never work in college sports again, ran the talent pool into the ground. You are not educated on this subject. Leach was a great coach but he was the only one who could sustain what he was doing.
The idea is, this is just a temporary staff For that year only. You hold things together for the senior Laden team coming off 9-4. The players had been in the system long enough they could do it in their sleep, Will could basically call the plays if he had too. The coaches had all been together and knew the system. It wouldn’t have mattered if Spurrier or Miller been the coach. that team still wins 9+ Unless you are stupid and crazy enough to blow it up and let a bunch of high coaches get the lineman pulling the wrong way and running into each other.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
The idea is, this is just a temporary staff For that year only. You hold things together for the senior Laden team coming off 9-4. The players had been in the system long enough they could do it in their sleep, Will could basically call the plays if he had too. The coaches had all been together and knew the system. It wouldn’t have mattered if Spurrier or Miller been the coach. that team still wins 9+ Unless you are stupid and crazy enough to blow it up and let a bunch of high coaches get the lineman pulling the wrong way and running into each other.
Senior laden team?? after 2022 we lost Cam Young, Wheat, Charlton, Duncan, Jay Green, Jackie Matthews, Forbes, RaRa, Dillon Johnson, LaQuinston Sharp, and Rufus Harvey. The day Leach died the 2023 season went down the drain. Thankfully we finally got rid of his incompetent assistant and recruiting staff

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Senior laden team?? after 2022 we lost Cam Young, Wheat, Charlton, Duncan, Jay Green, Jackie Matthews, Forbes, RaRa, Dillon Johnson, LaQuinston Sharp, and Rufus Harvey. The day Leach died the 2023 season went down the drain. Thankfully we finally got rid of his incompetent assistant and recruiting staff
Ok C34. LOL, that’s why every State publication there was touted the senior veteran laden team. “Oldest team in the sec”. LMAO

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login