Jeffries for sure leads the team in offensive fouls. Is he also leading all D1?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I swear there is a 40% chance he is going to be called for a charge when he brings the ball up the court. Its like he is a bowling ball knocking down pins when he gets into the lane.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He has zero court awareness. Zero. Maybe even negative.

Its unreal- even when he does manage to have some awareness, he doesnt execute in time. Last night he dumped the ball off on the block, but it was too late and he kept moving and slammed into the defender. Usually he doesnt even get the pass off or shot up before he barrels into the defense.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Its unreal- even when he does manage to have some awareness, he doesnt execute in time. Last night he dumped the ball off on the block, but it was too late and he kept moving and slammed into the defender. Usually he doesnt even get the pass off or shot up before he barrels into the defense.

he is most effective when he pulls up for a midrange shot. why he continues to just run over defenders is a mystery. letting the game come to Him, is a concept that He doesn't understand. we would have been a much better team with Ado and Stewart. wish they had stayed. Molinar has nobody else that can score. We have no plan to get Brooks the ball where He can be a factor.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We have no plan to get Brooks the ball where He can be a factor.

We have a big man who is a fantastic turn around mid-range shooter. We have a zone to beat. What happens nexy?...We never get it into the soft spot of the zone at the top of the key for Brooks to shoot or pass as the zone breaks down.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
We have a big man who is a fantastic turn around mid-range shooter. We have a zone to beat. What happens nexy?...We never get it into the soft spot of the zone at the top of the key for Brooks to shoot or pass as the zone breaks down.

I think part of the problem is we don't have a true point guard. But that being said, they look like one of the most unprepared teams I've ever seen. How many times is the guy bringing the ball up the court against a press gonna be trapped just as he crosses midcourt? Happens 5 or 6 times again.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The other day when DJ Jeffries did something positive and I said "Way to play DJ" - my son said "That is the first thing you have said good about him all year".

So 2 things from this:

1. DJ Jeffries has struggled to the point he shouldn't be getting the minutes he gets
2. My son is listening to me way too much

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
DJ kind of sums up our team this year. At home he could probably hit 30 points and on the road he will average 4 points.

Tolu had himself a game last night - the most productive player on the floor for either team.

The way to beat us is just to put defensive pressure on us so that we will be lazy and just shoot 3's. Simple game plan.

Aug 28, 2018
Glad Tolu scored some points, but good gosh, how does a 5 man only get 2 rebounds all game? Sure wish Tshiebwe could teach a few guys a thing or two.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012

to many times do I see Tolu and Brooks flash and post and our ball handler doesn't deliver the ball or delivers it late. DJ is the worst.it seems like Ben has never heard of a back screen

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Glad Tolu scored some points, but good gosh, how does a 5 man only get 2 rebounds all game? Sure wish Tshiebwe could teach a few guys a thing or two.

Smith averaged 8.5 rebounds last year, so he clearly knows how to rebound.
He is only averaging 4.7 rebounds per game in conference play though.
2 rebounds in 30min is nuts.

I am really hoping this year is just a lost year for him due to injury and that last year wasnt a fluke. Hopefully he can take the time this offseason to fully heal and come back strong next season to put up numbers like last year. I bet he is pretty frustrated this season between the injuries and reduced effectiveness compared to his play last year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login