Jett Johnson

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Can Jett Johnson come back for one more year? Does he have a Covid year left?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Jett is so smart. He has less talent than others, but he makes up for that by being smarter than the average Bear! He knows the play before it happens. Yesterday, fourth and two on our 35, game on the line, Jett beat Frank Gore, Jr. to the hole, and stuffed him two yards in the backfield. The series before that he anticipated the pass and flips it back to Speedy Banks for six points. Jett is a DAWG!

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
It is my belief that he has absolutely zero chance of being an NFL player. I think Watson has a chance though.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Leads the league in tackles. 10+yds downfield. But Ok ok ok , I’ll give you this. He was the greatest senior linebacker to ever play on a Miss State team that lost more games than they won.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
The Longest Yard Waterboy GIF

Jett reminds me of this guy.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Are you an NFL scout?
You don't have to be to know that.

Great instincts, but slower than cold syrup. In the only draft ranking I could find with him in it, he was ranked #961. That means he would go in round 26 of the draft .. unfortunately there are only 7 rounds.**

If you watch him play, his instincts and tackling are great. The NFL is full of those guys. Unfortunately they all run 4.5ish or less at linebacker and Jett runs closer to 4.8. He's a pitcher with amazing command of 4 pitches... and an 82 mph heater. Coaching legend in the making.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Leads the league in tackles. 10+yds downfield. But Ok ok ok , I’ll give you this. He was the greatest senior linebacker to ever play on a Miss State team that lost more games than they won.

Tell me you’re under 30 without saying your age. 😂

College Football Hall of Famer D. D. Lewis has had that honor since 1967.

That season he was an All-American & SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

State also was 1-9 that season.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011

I suspected that was the case. The amount of ignorant crap spewed on this board grows daily.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
He was the greatest senior linebacker to ever play on a Miss State team that lost more games than they won.
To say nothing of the fact that the season is not over yet, but I don't even think this is accurate.

D. D Lewis
Mario Haggan
Dwayne Curry

All of those guys played on ****** teams their senior year. Johnson is not nearly as bad as you say he is, but he's not Lewis or Haggan.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Passing that ball off to the DB was a thing of beauty.
That is what makes a Jett Johnson a Jett Johnson! Instinct, he may not set the land speed record but he knows where to be and what to do when he gets there. That's what makes him special. Also is it not great that we have the top two leading tacklers in the SEC in the core of our defense. Watson and Johnson will go down as two of the all time greats at linebacker at MSU. Hope they both find a way to league.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Thanks for posting this. Unlike some on here I'm not looking forward to losing our best tackling linebacker.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That is what makes a Jett Johnson a Jett Johnson! Instinct, he may not set the land speed record but he knows where to be and what to do when he gets there. That's what makes him special. Also is it not great that we have the top two leading tacklers in the SEC in the core of our defense. Watson and Johnson will go down as two of the all time greats at linebacker at MSU. Hope they both find a way to league.
Only caveat, if our DL got more stops, they would have fewer opportunities. Double-edged sword.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Only caveat, if our DL got more stops, they would have fewer opportunities. Double-edged sword.
Running the 3-3 we normally send an LB so they are like a DL player. The reason the 3-3 is successful is due to the free reign by that LB. They try to guess where the ball is going and rush at that point. When they guess right it's beautiful. Not so when they are wrong.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Speaking of NIL, Jett has two businesses that he hawks in ads, but he gives to money to the Tupelo Police Basketball Association and the Youth Football Association at the Park and Rec. not only is he a player, but he’s a good guy. Any criticism you have of him is a waste of time, imho.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login