Jett Johnson

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
True but our defense would be a lot better if that were the case.
So would Jett. He's had a good year but I think he's the type of player that would really shine if he was surrounded by more talent. Either better DBs to give him more time to get to the QB, a DL that could demand a double team and leave him free, or whatever. It's a lot to ask of him (and Bookie really) to be anchors of the defense with their athleticism.

The idea that we're better off without him is just incredible stupidity, and without looking at the LB situation at other SEC schools, I would assume he's good enough that he'd probably have a spot for most (all?) SEC defenses. But it probably is true that he doesn't need to be one of the better players if you want to have a good SEC defense.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
So would Jett. He's had a good year but I think he's the type of player that would really shine if he was surrounded by more talent. Either better DBs to give him more time to get to the QB, a DL that could demand a double team and leave him free, or whatever. It's a lot to ask of him (and Bookie really) to be anchors of the defense with their athleticism.

The idea that we're better off without him is just incredible stupidity, and without looking at the LB situation at other SEC schools, I would assume he's good enough that he'd probably have a spot for most (all?) SEC defenses. But it probably is true that he doesn't need to be one of the better players if you want to have a good SEC defense.
Honestly he’d be better with better d lineman that needed to be doubled.

Definitely don’t think he’s a long term nfl guy but he’s a damn good college linebacker

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login