Jimmy Bell joining the football team

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Does anybody here think tackle is the appropriate spot for him ? I know they say he played tackle a little in the past. I'm not OL coach but leverage is a valid consideration. Also his thickness. My thoughts are edge rushers. I bet he could develop an awesome swim move and if he didn't get there imagine how many passes he could swat down. And really you are talking about 2 concerns. Outside containment or get to the QB. But hey...what do I know ? Not much

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The intriguing one is Cam Mathews. He seems to be a can’t miss kind of player in FB.
No shlt. I mean I'm sure he's made some good NIL money, so hard to say he made a mistake......but football seems like it would have been his sport...he's never been an NBA prospect.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Does anybody here think tackle is the appropriate spot for him ? I know they say he played tackle a little in the past. I'm not OL coach but leverage is a valid consideration. Also his thickness. My thoughts are edge rushers. I bet he could develop an awesome swim move and if he didn't get there imagine how many passes he could swat down. And really you are talking about 2 concerns. Outside containment or get to the QB. But hey...what do I know ? Not much

He's just not the body type or athlete to be an SEC edge rusher. When's the last time you saw a 6'10" 290 lb edge rusher??

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
He's just not the body type or athlete to be an SEC edge rusher. When's the last time you saw a 6'10" 290 lb edge rusher??
Since when is the last time you saw a 6'10" 290 pound tackle. 290 is not very heavy for a tackle. Esp spread over a 6'10" frame. I have seen plenty of 6'6" 290 pound edge rushers/DE. He will never see the field as a tackle.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Since when is the last time you saw a 6'10" 290 pound tackle. 290 is not very heavy for a tackle. Esp spread over a 6'10" frame. I have seen plenty of 6'6" 290 pound edge rushers/DE. He will never see the field as a tackle.
You’re also underestimating his ability to bulk up. The guy lost 60 pounds last year so he can certainly get bigger if he wants.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I'm just not entering this debate. He's obviously not an edge rusher, which was your post.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That's about right. He packed on the pounds right before he got in a fight in the stands in Hawaii...

View attachment 550609
He’s like one of those really smart kids that was too lazy to excel or exert himself and now lives in a double wide and works in some miserable factory (not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s like having a Ferrari and never getting to go over 80 mph).

Whats he even up to these days?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
One of my friends was 6'4 215# when he went to a d1 college to play football.
In his first year he was up to 270# and he left college at 6'4 295#.
Over the 5 years after college, he lost and gained a ton of weight many times until he settled at 220# and has been there since.

Some bodies can pack on pounds and shed weight a lot easier/faster than others.
And I'm pretty sure most of SPS can testify that it's way easier to add weight than lose it.

• Haha
Reactions: WrightGuy821

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I'm sure Albert Reese and Leon Bell will have something to say about who is a starting tackle. But backups are a necessity and if he can add 50 pounds between now and August he might be a beast. Hard to coach size.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login