Joe Judge joining Ole Miss staff.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
So we’re getting Ole Miss plants and their getting ours.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
My sources say that Dan Mullen and resurrected Mike Leach will be joining their staff soon

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I always thought after he was fired by the Giants he should have went though the Saban rehab clinic. Many coaches, who eventually found great success, failed at their first NFL job. He probably should have gone to UGA or TOSU, OM doesn't carry the prestige.

Reactions: knock him out john

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
***It is clear that the Ole Miss Athletic Department is having cash issues because they are have to hire football staff on the cheap because they have buyouts from previous jobs from which they were terminated****

Last edited:

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
***It is clear that the Ole Miss Athletic Department is having cash issues because they are have to hire football staff on the cheap because they have buyouts from previous jobs from which they were terminated****
I wonder what they pay them to do that?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
I always thought after he was fired by the Giants he should have went though the Saban rehab clinic. Many coaches, who eventually found great success, failed at their first NFL job. He probably should have gone to UGA or TOSU, OM doesn't carry the prestige.
I would argue that OM from an NIL standpoint is seriously out punching their weight class and him learning how they are working that would be of value. Also regardless of personal opinion on Kiffin, he knows offense and people hire "offensive" minded coaches.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Good for them. They are indeed poised for a big year next year......IF.......their defense can improve by 25%.....just enough to stop or even slow down the other offenses from running through them. They will score plenty of points. An improved defense will likely put them into the playoffs, IMO. So far, they have added some pretty stunning pieces to their defense and I'm hearing they will likely get the #1 DL recruit in Mississippi for 2025. Hope Lebby has a rabbit or two up his sleeve for us.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
So he will be rewinding the film for the coaches and fetching their coffee while they watch them along with Arnette?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I would argue that OM from an NIL standpoint is seriously out punching their weight class and him learning how they are working that would be of value. Also regardless of personal opinion on Kiffin, he knows offense and people hire "offensive" minded coaches.
Ole Miss will be a serious contender for the National Championship this year. People on here won't like it said out loud but it's true. They've spent the money to get everything they need.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
This all Selmon getting our people behind the scenes up there. Totally covert recon type schitt. We got 2 undercover agents behind enemy lines

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Ole Miss will be a serious contender for the National Championship this year. People on here won't like it said out loud but it's true. They've spent the money to get everything they need.
Yeah anything short of the 2nd round of the CFP will be a disappointment.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
They will be a contender. TOSU and UGA are pretty far ahead of all other programs from what I read.
Oregon and Texas are usually mentioned as the next two, then it kind of jumbles up with OM and few others. They should certainly challenge for a playoff berth. OM plays at LSU and gets UGA and Oklahoma at home, that's a great schedule. The could lose to UGA and possibly another game and still make the playoff.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think not only us, but virtually every school in the country, would be well served to look at what Mississippi is doing in the new NIL/portal era. They are 17ing nailing it like no one else.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
They will lose to LSU, Georgia and either Florida or Oklahoma, possibly both. The powers that be well let Georgia win the SEC again this year. Bama will be in the playoffs. There's really nothing else to say here.

idog

Aug 17, 2010
They weren’t in the game with Bama or Georgia last year. This year you think they’ll beat LSU UGA and OU? Bc all three of those teams plus Hama have a better chance of making the playoffs than UM so they would likely have to beat one of the three during the season then beat another one or two of those 4 in the playoff. Not. Happening.

Reactions: wdawg44

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
They will lose to LSU, Georgia and either Florida or Oklahoma, possibly both. The powers that be well let Georgia win the SEC again this year. Bama will be in the playoffs. There's really nothing else to say here.
Florida won 5 games last year. It’s not impossible, but they’ll probably be favored by 10+ even at the Swamp.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
This is why the portal should not exist!! Where is the loyalty from college athletes? Don’t they have pride in the school they have gone to for a year? “What’s that?” “Judge, graduated from State and can coach at Ole Miss; unencumbered?” “Okay, Loyalty only applies to active players.”

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Everyone does realize our current coach and Oline coach were both assistants at Ole Miss less than 5 years ago?

patdog

May 28, 2007
You're fooling yourself. They'll lose to Georgia, maybe either Oklahoma or LSU. They'll beat LSU Florida like a drum. (edited the original post. I meant Florida, not LSU)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
They will beat Florida and LSU. It comes down to OU and UGA. If they split those two they will make the CFP. The SEC has already been showing them in their commercials. I quit believing in the purity of college sports.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think not only us, but virtually every school in the country, would be well served to look at what Mississippi is doing in the new NIL/portal era. They are 17ing nailing it like no one else.
It's a fascinating case study. In the past, I would have said they definitely would choke and go 8-4 in a situation like this, due to the obvious constraints that we all knew about in the bygone era of college sports.

I tend to think the future will be more similar to the past than we think (with the blue bloods continuing their domination based on overall depth of resources), but I'm intrigued to see if NIL/portal really can level the playing field and allow an Ole Miss or similar to truly rise up. We've already seen TCU and Washington make runs (though you could argue Washington is a Tier 2 level blue blood), but who knows how much of that was due to luck, money, portal or whatever.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
They will beat Florida and LSU. It comes down to OU and UGA. If they split those two they will make the CFP. The SEC has already been showing them in their commercials. I quit believing in the purity of college sports.

They will not beat LSU at LSU. Sorry.

The saving grace is the perennial sad loss to Bama is gone. For us both.

They are dumping millions into the program but it will not be enough

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'll be interested in seeing how these programs, with a locker room full of players who are there strictly for the money, perform. I can just see the potential for problems in the locker room and let downs on the field from time to time.

Reactions: BirdPuppy

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
It sucks that Ole Miss is doing well under Lane. Saying they aren't doesn't change reality.
Saying they are going to do well and buying into the natty champ contender status are 2 different things.

This same offense that everybody claims is loaded looked pedestrian against Georgia and lowly MSU. They are going to miss Judkins more than anyone cares to admit and who knows what happens if Jaxon takes a beating again.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Saying they are going to do well and buying into the natty champ contender status are 2 different things.

This same offense that everybody claims is loaded looked pedestrian against Georgia and lowly MSU. They are going to miss Judkins more than anyone cares to admit and who knows what happens if Jaxon takes a beating again.
If they make the playoffs, a big if, they are competing for a national championship. Doesn't mean they'll win it but all teams in the playoffs are competing for a championship. I don't think they win one. Georgia makes offenses look that way. State is a rivalry game and Washington was challenged by Wazu but still made the championship game. Ole Miss won 11 games last year. That's impressive. It also sucks that they're that good.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login