Joe Judge joining Ole Miss staff.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I'll be interested in seeing how these programs, with a locker room full of players who are there strictly for the money, perform. I can just see the potential for problems in the locker room and let downs on the field from time to time.
That's probably why Kiffin hired Judge. He has experience with handling high dollar egos in a locker room.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Saying they are going to do well and buying into the natty champ contender status are 2 different things.

This same offense that everybody claims is loaded looked pedestrian against Georgia and lowly MSU. They are going to miss Judkins more than anyone cares to admit and who knows what happens if Jaxon takes a beating again.
Kiffin took it easy on us. They could have stomped us this past season. He just wanted film on our game before they played in their bowl.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They’ll 17 it up, always have, always will. Why worry about it.
Except that one year in baseball where we said the same thing. Season isn't being played right now so hard to say how they will actually play but they do have the pieces to be very very good . They were depth and talent short last year. They got a lot of that in the portal

Reactions: Bullldawg78

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'll be interested in seeing how these programs, with a locker room full of players who are there strictly for the money, perform. I can just see the potential for problems in the locker room and let downs on the field from time to time.
Well before long that's all you're gonna have. It's just like college baseball, 10 years ago, it was en vogue to proclaim (like that Michigan now Clemson coach) that you went out and recruited tough rec ball players from rough areas instead of travel ballers. Now......it's all travel ball.

The sleaze infects everyone. So while you might find a few now. before long, there won't be any players left who aren't all about the money. About the best you can hope for is to find some tough players who maybe are realistic about it all, and not holding your collective hostage.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If they make the playoffs, a big if, they are competing for a national championship. Doesn't mean they'll win it but all teams in the playoffs are competing for a championship. I don't think they win one. Georgia makes offenses look that way. State is a rivalry game and Washington was challenged by Wazu but still made the championship game. Ole Miss won 11 games last year. That's impressive. It also sucks that they're that good.
That's what's so great about the expanded playoff. Even though the likelihood that a non-blue blood will win it has probably decreased, the ILLUSION of hope is there. Very similar to the basketball tournament, which is pretty elusive itself outside the same group of programs.

Going forward, the measure of an elite season will now be measured by a playoff berth. Advancing and winning is great, but making it is the big thing. As it expands, obviously that glamour will decrease some (like the basketball tournament). Then we'll start measuring based on how far you advance, etc., but that's years away.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login