Jones County folks

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Jones County is the weirdest place in Mississippi.

I can say that. I’m Free State born.

And the past couple weeks have been very odd even ESPECIALLY by Jones County standards.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I feel bad for the girl first and foremost (she’s a person, after all) and also the dogs. My buddy was telling me about this, and I just can’t help but feel bad for the girl. Teenage girls don’t usually do this kind of thing unless they’ve been abused before.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Obvioulsy the young lady has some serious mental issues, I wish they would withhold names in situations like this.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard to fetch her poor dog a bone. She bent over, Rover took over. She got a bone of her own.

Reactions: dawgman42

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Well, with all the other sexually deviant things happening these days, this was going to eventually rear its head. And it will be defended by the usual group, legitimized, and normalized. She will be called a “martyr”, “brave”, and a “victim of persecution“.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Well, with all the other sexually deviant things happening these days, this was going to eventually rear its head. And it will be defended by the usual group, legitimized, and normalized. She will be called a “martyr”, “brave”, and a “victim of persecution“.
Feel free to come back here and call me out if that happens… I highly doubt it though.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Jones County is the weirdest place in Mississippi.

I can say that. I’m Free State born.

And the past couple weeks have been very odd even ESPECIALLY by Jones County standards.
From a fellow Jones County product, truer words have never been spoken. I could not move off to MSU quick enough when I was done with high school. And I don’t plan on ever moving back.

What’s funny to me is the Hometown show on HGTV has made Laurel out to be the idealistic, lovely little town that would be amazing to live in. I hear it all the time from people I interact with that aren’t from there. I mean there are definitely worse places to live than Jones County, but that TV show only paints a fraction of the whole picture. A lot of weird, and a lot of redneck elitism and politics to navigate through in that area. And then there’s whatever you want to call this ordeal.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
From a fellow Jones County product, truer words have never been spoken. I could not move off to MSU quick enough when I was done with high school. And I don’t plan on ever moving back.

What’s funny to me is the Hometown show on HGTV has made Laurel out to be the idealistic, lovely little town that would be amazing to live in. I hear it all the time from people I interact with that aren’t from there. I mean there are definitely worse places to live than Jones County, but that TV show only paints a fraction of the whole picture. A lot of weird, and a lot of redneck elitism and politics to navigate through in that area. And then there’s whatever you want to call this ordeal.
Growing up Jones county adjacent and having family that live there I feel the same way. I never wanted to spend any time at JCJC because of it.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I mean it might not happen but there are people legitimately defending pedophilia.
You can find someone or a group of people that will defend anything. The nazi’s did and still do have supporters. You can’t expect people to care or react to a fringe minority that have messed up views or beliefs. Wake me up when there is some sort of movement to normalize pedophilia or having sex with dogs.

Reactions: dorndawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Growing up Jones county adjacent and having family that live there I feel the same way. I never wanted to spend any time at JCJC because of it.
90% of my graduating class went to Jones or USM, and most of them still live in Jones County. No thanks to all of that.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You can find someone or a group of people that will defend anything. The nazi’s did and still do have supporters. You can’t expect people to care or react to a fringe minority that have messed up views or beliefs. Wake me up when there is some sort of movement to normalize pedophilia or having sex with dogs.
I mean there is a movement to normalize pedophilia.

it might not be big but there is a group of people that I’d consider significant that is doing it.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007

but what’s the music scene like in Laurel? Better than Meridian?

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
but what’s the music scene like in Laurel? Better than Meridian?
The Laurel music scene is much better than most people would expect.

Live in Laurel is a nice little free spring concert series & 320fifthstreet does what it can to maintain the legacy of the live shows that the late and very much lamented Slowboat Brewery hosted.

It’s dependent on Hattiesburg though— much in the same way that Starkville, Columbus, and West Point are dependent on each other.

TLDR— Surprisingly good for a community in the weirdest county in the state…

Grevlin

Apr 30, 2016
Saw posts after the news broke that she had private, for pay p0rn channels on social media. Saw a pic (fully clothed, no animals!) on another board with her doing the classic thug pose holding a big fanned out bunch of $100s.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login