Josh Hubbard is the best shooter at MSU since……

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Rodney Hood

Watched him live multiple games, and that dude was next level as a shooter. Of course he left.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
And keep in mind the line is much farther back and he is still shooting well behind it most times.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He is a good shot, but he can create his own shot. Wilson, not so much. That being said if Wilson got an open one, he usually nailed it. Hubbard isn't as automatic. Now if Hubbard had Russel Walters or Whit Hughes setting screens for him as Wilson did........

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Super D didn’t get a freshman year. He was a victim of that stupid Prop 48 era.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Hubbard has the best technical shooting form from any MSU player I've ever seen. Yes, Super D was a great shooter, but his mechanics were not spot on like Hubbards.

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
Great shot maker....streaky shooter. Hot and cold. Nowhere close to Malone or Wilson. Closer to Johnson, Frazier, Stewart. He's going to be better than the last 3, but not as good as the other 2.

Reactions: HuntDawg

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Ravern Johnson shot 40% from 3 in 2008-10. Hubbard is at 35.5% this year.
Ahh yes. Coahoma county Ravern Trying to hit on my wife in his plane Jane charger as I rolled by with her hanging out the window of a 2SS Camaro custom cut outs, breather, short throw shifter, turbo on top of that LS3…….blue smoke for yards.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm glad he's here and he's a good shooter, but I think the perception of him as something special from a pure shooting standpoint is skewed by how awful a shooting team we have been under Jans.

Seems a lot of folks here have forgotten that one of the better players in MSU history finished his career pretty recently.

Q was a 48% career shooter overall, and hit 37% from 3 for his career. 39% as a frosh.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
For me, what makes Hubbard different than almost anyone we have had is Hubbard can create his shots. I don't recall ever seeing that in a State uniform as much as Hubbard does, and I am a HUGE Wilson fan.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Hubbard has the best technical shooting form from any MSU player I've ever seen. Yes, Super D was a great shooter, but his mechanics were not spot on like Hubbards.
Even Sunvold seemed a bit envious.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
He is a good shot, but he can create his own shot. Wilson, not so much. That being said if Wilson got an open one, he usually nailed it. Hubbard isn't as automatic. Now if Hubbard had Russel Walters or Whit Hughes setting screens for him as Wilson did........
this is exactly what Richard Williams said on Sports talk Ms a few weeks ago....

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Not even close to the same level as Malone. If there had been a three point line then........ I was a student his last years at MSU.
There is no other answer, as far as I'm concerned. Jeff Malone was ridiculously fluid as a shooter. God only knows what damage he could have done from the 3-point line....that man was an assassin from the corner.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
darryl wilson is the only comparison
Jeff Malone and Darryl Wilson are in a category apart from the rest. There may have been others prior to my era (read: pre-1975), so I could be unwittingly excluding others.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He’s a 35 percent 3 point shooter. We’ve had tons of shooters better.

He’s not a top 25 shooter in the sec. Heck he’s not even the top 3 point shooter in this very state.

He’s talented. Hopefully he’ll continue to improve. But in no way is he even an elite shooter right now. Let alone to be mentioned with Daryl and Malone.

he’s streaky. Give me the 3 guys from Kentucky, the transfer from Tennessee. One of about 4 guys at Alabama. Just to name a few… could name a few others as well…. To take a shot to win me a game, and it’s not even close

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
Ahh yes. Coahoma county Ravern Trying to hit on my wife in his plane Jane charger as I rolled by with her hanging out the window of a 2SS Camaro custom cut outs, breather, short throw shifter, turbo on top of that LS3…….blue smoke for yards.
Put the crack pipe down boy!

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

Old School Yes GIF

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
The data won't back it up, but Winsome Frazier never missed an open 3.
I was at a game at Arkansas Frazier hit 5-3's in a row to start the game. Arky fans were in shock, and they never recovered! If we had him, we would be sweet sixteen at the least. Still remember Frazier driving that beat up old jalopy around Starkville with I believe his wife and a kid or 2 hanging out the windows. Dude was super nice.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login