Judkins to Ohio State

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
There were rumors yesterday that while in Columbus, Judkins reached out to Ole Miss to see if their NIL offer was still on the table and was told “no.” I really hope that’s true, because taking less NIL money to play at Ohio State should serve as a cautionary tale to those that renegotiate every year with the school that signed them. He’s not worth as much to any other school as he was to OM. Best outcome possible. OM loses Judkins, and he suffers a pay cut.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There were rumors yesterday that while in Columbus, Judkins reached out to Ole Miss to see if their NIL offer was still on the table and was told “no.” I really hope that’s true, because taking less NIL money to play at Ohio State should serve as a cautionary tale to those that renegotiate every year with the school that signed them. He’s not worth as much to any other school as he was to OM. Best outcome possible. OM loses Judkins, and he suffers a pay cut.
Rumors likely set in force by Lane and the OM folks.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Those of us who are sports fans on this board for sports fans give a 17.

What I couldn't give a single 17 about is anymore mindless negative opinions similar to the vast majority of those coming from your sourpuss ***
Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
ok GIF by Shock Top

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Lane quote tweeted Judkins mother like a real piece of **** and now that fan base is **** talking her on there.
really strange stuff from those lunatics
Wouldn't you think recruits and their moms would be looking at all this back and forth thinking this guy is a petty *** mother17er and make it harder to recruit ? I would. I always thought if you have a friend that talks **** about all your other friends they talking **** about you when you ain't around. Just unprofessional and petty

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
It amazes me that they didn't bench Judkins last season since he was such a head case, especially having all world Prince available to play.*****

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Wouldn't you think recruits and their moms would be looking at all this back and forth thinking this guy is a petty *** mother17er and make it harder to recruit ? I would. I always thought if you have a friend that talks **** about all your other friends they talking **** about you when you ain't around. Just unprofessional and petty

Gotta understand the audience. Most UM fans eat this **** up because they are vapid, image obsessed shitheads.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's typically how it's always gone. Top programs don't have to pay nearly as much for the same player. That extra money is what has always drawn the attention.

I always go back to Cam Newton. We could have upped the ante and gotten him. It's not that Auburn out-bid us, he considered them a better situation.

Reactions: RocketDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
That's typically how it's always gone. Top programs don't have to pay nearly as much for the same player. That extra money is what has always drawn the attention.

I always go back to Cam Newton. We could have upped the ante and gotten him. It's not that Auburn out-bid us, he considered them a better situation.
I'm 99% sure Ohio State is paying him more money than UM could afford. All this arm waving by Missies is just face saving. My bet is OSU gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Those rumors came straight out of Oxford after he told them he wasn't coming back. They never lose anyone they want.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Yep, the save face spin game in high gear in Oxford.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Gotta understand the audience. Most UM fans eat this **** up because they are vapid, image obsessed shitheads.
Right. But I'm talking about recruits and their moms. Not OM fans. I'm hoping this hurts them in recruiting. I love it just as much as the OM fans. I hope it gets nastier.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Right. But I'm talking about recruits and their moms. Not OM fans. I'm hoping this hurts them in recruiting. I love it just as much as the OM fans. I hope it gets nastier.
It won't make any difference. I think what happened here is Judkins agreed to a deal with UM for next season, then shopped himself around, which pissed Kiffin off. And to be honest, I think that's how you're going to have to deal with these kids. If you enter the portal, it needs to be a 1-way street.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There were rumors yesterday that while in Columbus, Judkins reached out to Ole Miss to see if their NIL offer was still on the table and was told “no.”
Guarantee that was a story manufactured by ole Chuck and thrown up against the wall like a booger to see if it would stick.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm 99% sure Ohio State is paying him more money than UM could afford. All this arm waving by Missies is just face saving. My bet is OSU gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Not how this works, man. You're actually making OM look better by saying that tOSU out-bid them.

If Alabama wants a kid and offers him 10K, then we come in and offer 10K, where do you think he's going? All things considered equal, what do you think will tip the scales in favor of us?

This is an unfortunate truth for many of our fans. But until we amass the sheer fan base size and create the football culture of the blue bloods, it's the way it is.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Or they could have come from some random guy on the internet. Which is most likely.
You think it's more "likely" that a rumor that only helps to make ONE school in the country look/feel better about themselves came from a random guy on the internet than an Ole Miss fan?

greenbean included "...and the OM folks" in his assessment. And he is right. Obviously it came from someone on the Ole Miss side - not some random guy on the internet. Why would some random guy who has no affiliation with OM start a rumor like that?

I know it's your schtick, but that's a weak attempt at anti-State snark.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
I actually hope the Mississippi narrative is the correct one here. Player agrees to nil, gets jealous and wants more money, jumps in portal for leverage. He then finds out he ain't worth 1 mill and gets top offer of 200k, returns to current team asking is my 500k still on the table. Nope, best of luck to you. Let this narrative get out and you have less players jumping in the portal.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Well, it’s not really that way. If black kids still go to a school whose history is steeped in racism and the Confederacy the way theirs is (they’re even still called ”rebels”!), nothing will resonant with people. If you opened up a poll to the public to see if they wanted to bring back Dixie and Col Reb, they would vote for it, yet kids still flock there whistling by that racist graveyard.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
However many days later, it still blows my mind that they are ecstatic that one of their best backs ever transferred away. Neal and Chuck can't stop themselves from dropping breadcrumbs how ****** he and his mom were and they'll be better off without him.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Well, it’s not really that way. If black kids still go to a school whose history is steeped in racism and the Confederacy the way theirs is (they’re even still called ”rebels”!), nothing will resonant with people. If you opened up a poll to the public to see if they wanted to bring back Dixie and Col Reb, they would vote for it, yet kids still flock there whistling by that racist graveyard.
treadwell cashmoney.jpg

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
The rumor I heard was he was demanding x number of carries and they said no. If that is true then good call on their part. But who knows there are rumors everywhere. Usually the truth falls some where in the middle.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Not how this works, man. You're actually making OM look better by saying that tOSU out-bid them.

If Alabama wants a kid and offers him 10K, then we come in and offer 10K, where do you think he's going? All things considered equal, what do you think will tip the scales in favor of us?

This is an unfortunate truth for many of our fans. But until we amass the sheer fan base size and create the football culture of the blue bloods, it's the way it is.
You are buying the crap Bummer, OSU etc are selling. If we offer $100k and Alabama offers $100k and the kid grew up a State fan he's going to State. If Alabama offers then they will beat anyone else's offer. $s are all that matter to these kids and it's easy to see why.

I seriously doubt that Judkins is making less at OSU than Ole Miss. Kids don't leave for less money. In Judkin's case I bet OSU contacted him with an offer and then he entered the portal. This fantasy that Missies are spreading is to make their fanbase all fuzzy and happy.

Reactions: HRMSU

patdog

May 28, 2007
The rumor I heard was he was demanding x number of carries and they said no. If that is true then good call on their part. But who knows there are rumors everywhere. Usually the truth falls some where in the middle.
He averaged over 20 carries per game each of the last 2 years. This was strictly a business decision and a chance to win a championship.

Reactions: HRMSU
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login