Judkins to Ohio State

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You are buying the crap Bummer, OSU etc are selling. If we offer $100k and Alabama offers $100k and the kid grew up a State fan he's going to State. If Alabama offers then they will beat anyone else's offer. $s are all that matter to these kids and it's easy to see why.

I seriously doubt that Judkins is making less at OSU than Ole Miss. Kids don't leave for less money. In Judkin's case I bet OSU contacted him with an offer and then he entered the portal. This fantasy that Missies are spreading is to make their fanbase all fuzzy and happy.
I can't make you understand. It's already out there that he got less money at tOSU. That makes Ole Miss look bad, not good.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
He averaged over 20 carries per game each of the last 2 years. This was strictly a business decision and a chance to win a championship.
Yep, better national exposure at OSU. Like Dillon Johnson did at Washington. Had Dillon done the same thing at MSU this year, nobody would have even mentioned it.

Reactions: patdog

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

As a former State commit turned Bear player once said, they've got plenty of white girls that

Hollands Got Talent Sword GIF by RTL

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Not how this works, man. You're actually making OM look better by saying that tOSU out-bid them.

If Alabama wants a kid and offers him 10K, then we come in and offer 10K, where do you think he's going? All things considered equal, what do you think will tip the scales in favor of us?

This is an unfortunate truth for many of our fans. But until we amass the sheer fan base size and create the football culture of the blue bloods, it's the way it is.
First of all that last paragraph. Many of us will never see that day if it ever happens. Just demographics man.

Second, this is the new version of college football. The Big 10 blue bloods will be back for as long as this goofy arse setup is in play. The alumni base for Michigan, Ohio State is absolutely enormous and on average have deep pockets. Deeper than even dear old AL.

It now has shifted to a population base affluence game. Those blue bloods with large alumni/fan bases of above average income will be competing for championships until they shift to the schools paying the players and some sort of cap. That change will kill the collectives and the athletes will need to do true endorsement deals to get paid outside their salary.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Well, it’s not really that way. If black kids still go to a school whose history is steeped in racism and the Confederacy the way theirs is (they’re even still called ”rebels”!), nothing will resonant with people. If you opened up a poll to the public to see if they wanted to bring back Dixie and Col Reb, they would vote for it, yet kids still flock there whistling by that racist graveyard.
I will never forget an online argument I had with a typical delusional OM fan a few years ago on Rivals. In one post he literally tried to brag that OM was less racist than Miss. State because they integrated before we did. :ROFLMAO:

Of course I pointed out they integrated at the end of a National Guard barrel, and not without injury and death, whereas the first person to integrate or even attempt to integrate at State faced almost no opposition and is even quoted as saying, beyond a few clearly racist individuals they were by & large welcomed at State.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No it wasn't. He wouldn't have carried the ball 30 times in the Peach Bowl if he was planning to transfer. He overplayed his hand and I suspect is taking a paycut as a result.
Yes, we know Ole Miss is so much richer than Ohio State. There is no doubt he had to take a pay cut to leave Ole Miss to go to poor Ole OSU. *****

It must be fun living in fantasy land.

Reactions: WilCoDawg and Dawgg

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
Yes, we know Ole Miss is so much richer than Ohio State. There is no doubt he had to take a pay cut to leave Ole Miss to go to poor Ole OSU. *****

It must be fun living in fantasy land.
It's not about who has the most money, it's about who is willing to pay you the most money. OSU may have paid him more, but it was widely know that Judkins was the highest paid RB in college last year and he would have opted out of the Peach Bowl if he was already planning to transfer.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Please provide the link
Stop. All this take is common sense.

Ole Miss < Ohio State.

Ole Miss has a chance to be a playoff team next year, we all know that. Ohio State and a few other blue bloods, obviously have a shot at not only the playoff, but to win it, every single year. A quick look at their depth chart at RB is littered with 4 star talent and above. Judkins is just another guy there.

So why would he want to leave a team where he's been a two-year starter, and has paid him very well? The tea leaves say that he got sideways with them. I can absolutely buy that he might have went out and shopped himself, and they called his bluff. At best, he got the same deal at Ohio State, that he's had at Ole Miss. Not more - because they simply don't HAVE to pay him more.

Ole Miss is not richer than Ohio State. But they do have to pay more for the same player. That is the way of the world. There's a limit to this stuff. Some dubmass probably got in Judkins ear and was like you need to get your bag or something dumb like that, and has robbed him of potentially doing something special with a group at a place that normally doesn't do it. I see him turning out about like RaRa, he'll play some, but will just be a cog in the wheel.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
No it wasn't. He wouldn't have carried the ball 30 times in the Peach Bowl if he was planning to transfer. He overplayed his hand and I suspect is taking a paycut as a result.
There are people saying he wanted to carry the ball less to avoid wear and tear and injuries. He will probably "platoon" at OSU but you spin it anyway you want.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Stop. All this take is common sense.

Ole Miss < Ohio State.

Ole Miss has a chance to be a playoff team next year, we all know that. Ohio State and a few other blue bloods, obviously have a shot at not only the playoff, but to win it, every single year. A quick look at their depth chart at RB is littered with 4 star talent and above. Judkins is just another guy there.

So why would he want to leave a team where he's been a two-year starter, and has paid him very well? The tea leaves say that he got sideways with them. I can absolutely buy that he might have went out and shopped himself, and they called his bluff. At best, he got the same deal at Ohio State, that he's had at Ole Miss. Not more - because they simply don't HAVE to pay him more.

Ole Miss is not richer than Ohio State. But they do have to pay more for the same player. That is the way of the world. There's a limit to this stuff. Some dubmass probably got in Judkins ear and was like you need to get your bag or something dumb like that, and has robbed him of potentially doing something special with a group at a place that normally doesn't do it. I see him turning out about like RaRa, he'll play some, but will just be a cog in the wheel.
So this is all speculation coming from the Ole Miss fanbase?

The best defensive teams in the country play in the SEC. Judkins was All SEC 2 years against those defenses. I can see why OSU would pay him handsomely.

Reactions: wdawg44

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It's not about who has the most money, it's about who is willing to pay you the most money. OSU may have paid him more, but it was widely know that Judkins was the highest paid RB in college last year and he would have opted out of the Peach Bowl if he was already planning to transfer.
If OSU approached him after the bowl game and he then entered the portal why would he opt out of the bowl?

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
If OSU approached him after the bowl game and he then entered the portal why would he opt out of the bowl?
Do you really think OSU didn't bother to recruit a portal RB until January?

I mean, believe what you want. Nothing about the scenario points towards your conclusion but this is obviously what you've decided is worst case scenario for OM, so you're going to die on that hill no matter how illogical the fact pattern is.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
There are people saying he wanted to carry the ball less to avoid wear and tear and injuries. He will probably "platoon" at OSU but you spin it anyway you want.
"People" say things but one thing Q Judkins has never said in his entire life is "I dont want to carry the football as much".

• Haha

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
Why would he sit out the bowl game if he was already in agreement with OSU? That would be a bad look/appearance for he and OSU. This way the only party that looks bad is UM and that is self inflicted.

He will be the best back on their team next year barring injuries.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why would he sit out the bowl game if he was already in agreement with OSU? That would be a bad look/appearance for he and OSU. This way the only party that looks bad is UM and that is self inflicted.

You think anyone cares about a “bad look” from sitting out a bowl game??

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

It’s possible that OM had an incentive bonus in his original contract which gave him more money upon a bowl win…ontop of a yardage bonus. It’s possible

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s possible that OM had an incentive bonus in his original contract which gave him more money upon a bowl win…ontop of a yardage bonus. It’s possible
That’s like automatic probation bro

Some of yall have an incredibly inflated view of NIL. This is the exact problem with it all.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Would it surprise you? Honestly?

I understand what NIL is supposed to be….however, it’s not had governance since day one. Don’t be so naive

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
You think anyone cares about a “bad look” from sitting out a bowl game??
I think it would be frowned upon by the member institutions if athletes started transferring between regular season and bowl games to join or play for another team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think it would be frowned upon by the member institutions if athletes started transferring between regular season and bowl games to join or play for another team.
It's not. Portal players are sitting out bowl games all the time these days. Nobody cares.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Lol what?

This may come as a shock to you, but the starting running back is not the offensive coordinator.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
Lol what?

This may come as a shock to you, but the starting running back is not the offensive coordinator.
This may come as a shock to you, but lots of guys are opting out of bowl games these days, especially when they aren’t happy with their team and are planning to transfer.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
This may come as a shock to you, but lots of guys are opting out of bowl games these days, especially when they aren’t happy with their team and are planning to transfer.
Judkins played because OM was holding some of his money.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You said “he wouldn’t have carried it 30+ times” like he had any input on how many times he got the ball. Him carrying 30 times or 10 times or 5 times is in no way relevant to the discussion.

He didn’t opt out of the bowl game. So what? He didn’t even enter the portal until a week after the bowl game was over. Is it that hard to believe that after Ohio State’s bowl game, they started making a push a late portal targets….and he was one of them? Its entirely reasonable to assume that he was planning to return, but still listening to offers. That’s everybody’s status quo now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login