Just Back from the DOME!!!

B

BillBrasky10

Craziest **** I have ever been through. The dome does not have a solid roof. The roof started shaking and moving up and down, started shaking the speakers and lights. At first I thought it was the Kentucky fans stomping on the bleachers at one time (thats what it sounded like). A piece of the wall of the dome blew off and started shaking in the wind. Everybody freaked out (including me) and started heading for the exits because the very heavy items hanging from the roof over our heads were swaying dangerously. It sounded like a freight train. Insulation began raining down. Not big pieces but small pieces fell down like feathers. Outside the dome was worse according to the news.

For sure an experience I will never forget. But hey we won bitches!!!!

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
At first I was looking for what fans were stomping on bleachers or banging on their seats.. Then everyone realized the roof was bucking up and down and it was elbows and ********. Freight train is a good way do describe the noise.

ram124

Oct 10, 2007
Back at our hotel room now..It really was a frightening experience. My initial reaction to was that some of the catwalk was going to fall so I started running up the bleachers. What we experienced in the Dome did not compare to what we saw in our walk around downtown afterwards. It was very surreal to see all of the destruction. Amazing what a storm can do in a very short amount of time. I'll post some of the pictures I took when I get back to Starkville on Sunday.

andieb731

Mar 3, 2008
I will definetly never forget that. I have never been in a tornado, but i never expected to be in one in the GA Dome at the SEC tourney. Random! So who is gonna start printing up the "i was there" t-shirts?

B

BillBrasky10

As I said the roof was not solid and it flapped and moved around in the wind. I dont really think that roof is a very safe idea to put over the heads of thousands of people. Maybe the whole roof would iever fall but it shook all the speakers and lights hanging down and thats what I was worried about.

B

BillBrasky10

No but from the people I saw hanging around the dome. It would not suprise me if some of them looted.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
i just moved late last year from mid town......lived there for around 2 years and the homeless people i saw at night grew exponentially over that time period.....dont see them during the day but once the sun sets ......they are everywhere

so that doesnt surprise me one bit......

C

Cains Major

Thank God not many panicked. It could have been very bad.There was a lot of misinformation spewed out by the Dome staff.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
It's the rafters, jumbotron, etc. that weighs alot more. If the scaffolding would have fallen, it would have killed how ever many people it landed on.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login