Just going to throw this out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I love Kroger, but Food Giant has some great meat prices from time to time. Every few months they will do a Bacon sale. You can get the big pack of Wrights for about 9 to 11. I bought three packs back in bay and freeze it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Saw a video the other day where a guy found a grocery receipt from 2019 for $175 bucks for his groceries for the month. He went to the same grocery store the other day and bought the exact same stuff/same brand and the total came to $409
That is what has killed us past two years. Just have to keep redoing the budget over and over again. It's kind of difficult to do when one of your incomes is fixed.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Not so much in my world. We just buy the bigger packages. $3.33/ lb on sale almost every week for 3 lbs. Really good stuff too, Hill's out of Pendleton, OR... Might be a regional thing on pricing, I'm certain bacon demand in the south is quite a bit higher than out here... The reverse of tofu one could guess.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
That said, the Krogers had pork butt on sale, which means if you have any kind of smoking skills you can eat like a king.
Outside of ground chuck, I refuse to buy meat from Kroger. It's terrible. Their butts, steaks, brisket, etc. Even their wings. And yes, I set my expectations accordingly. Their providers inject so much preservatives (salt solution) into their meats that it kills the flavor.

Reactions: dorndawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login