Just lost Stonka

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This staff has gone ten miles past the point of having no juice. This lemon is flat out rotting with flies buzzing around
Seems like I remember this happening Croominator's last year too, except he actually had a good class lined up for 2009. Rats were fleeing ship, but good news is, Danny came in and stabilized them all within like 2 weeks and added a few more like Bumphis.

Is there a Danny on the horizon?

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
Just checking 247's website, and it looks like with the loss of Stonka Burnside, that would put State's recruiting rankings at... last in the SEC at #16. We have officially been out-recruited by Vandy.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I just wonder who is next. I saw JJ post about Parson looking good and that he was still solid.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What a cluster-17 this is turning out to be. We better make a good hire or we're going to be in for a few years that make this one look good.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If we are gonna win next year we are gonna have to bring in a lot of portal guys and hit on them. We are losing a **** ton of starters and my guess is others are gonna bail out too. At least whoever we hire will have a built in excuse cause the cupboards will actually be bare. And let me add one more comment " but Leach couldn't recruit. Thats why we struggling. Now we are gonna wrap the state up ". I know it shouldn't be funny but I can't help but laugh at some of the moronic comments that have been made on these sites. Y'all gone learn today

Reactions: FlotownDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If we are gonna win next year we are gonna have to bring in a lot of portal guys and hit on them. We are losing a **** ton of starters and my guess is others are gonna bail out too. At least whoever we hire will have a built in excuse cause the cupboards will actually be bare. And let me add one more comment " but Leach couldn't recruit. Thats why we struggling. Now we are gonna wrap the state up ". I know it shouldn't be funny but I can't help but laugh at some of the moronic comments that have been made on these sites. Y'all gone learn today
Only hope we have for this class is to start Parson and hope the recruits see his ability and decide they want to play with him. Happens at a lot of places when someone signs a high profile QB. Best example is when Ole Miss signed Eli Manning, they were able to hit on some good WRs the following year.

Of course, if Parson fools around and beats aTm or OM that means Arnett might get another year. Soooo.....

And who really knows if Parson is that level of a respected QB? I mean he was a 4 star but a lot of them are these days, doesn't really mean much. But from what I understand a lot of people like him.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

kired

Aug 22, 2008
As someone who doesn't follow recruiting... I thought you meant one of our former bully mascots lol. Wasn't there tonka or something like that few years back?

Reactions: patdog

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
As someone who doesn't follow recruiting... I thought you meant one of our former bully mascots lol. Wasn't there tonka or something like that few years back?
You are correct, Tonka was our Bully mascot during the Croom era.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Lane Train was at Starkville a couple of weeks ago.
The whole hiring Will Friend because he was local and a great recruiter isn’t working out so much.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Why would he come here ? If he was your son would you want him to commit to this program ? There are consequences to " run the bawl play defense" programs. Besides the losing. If we don't clean house and get somebody exciting I guarantee more of this plus transfers.
Transfers are gonna be brutal

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Guys let's look on the bright side. Yes, we are losing games and recruits left and right. But, people like @The Peeper aren't "bored" with our offense any more. So things are looking up!***

We had no idea how good we had it with Leach. He was the perfect coach for us and the recovery from his passing, if it ever occurs, is a long way out. Things change quickly in this era of college football so I guess there's a chance someone turns it around quickly via the portal but there's also the chance we are witnessing the slow death of the program. Feels pretty bleak.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
But is he a great recruiter ? I mean idk....maybe. So far not here obviously. I don't see but a couple of good OL. Nothing out of the ordinary. I know he had been all over the SEC but that might not be a good thing. Being from Philly is a plus of course but that won't get recruits unless they can see success

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We had no idea how good we had it with Leach. He was the perfect coach for us and the recovery from his passing, if it ever occurs, is a long way out.
We have to find another Leach.....bottom line. So let's look at his attributes - passing system offense and 59 years old (when hired) and thought about everything differently than anyone in MS. I doubt we will find the passing part again but the possibilities are these:

- Willie Fritz
- Rich Rodriguez
- Gus Malzahn
- Jeff Monken

We need stability more than anything, and those guys will look at us as their last stop. If we hire Danny or Herman, they'll be looking to jump again. Maybe not Danny, but once he's showed you his stripes, he is what he is. Chadwell is a system guy too, but he's young and will be looking to jump.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The first step is fire this staff and get a new exciting coach ready to sign on Friday November 25th so he can start contacting recruits and current players and telling them about what he is gonna build here. And unless one of you guys has 20 mill to buy out Chadwells contract you can scratch that name off. Liberty ain't turning the other cheek and giving him away.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
We have to find another Leach.....bottom line. So let's look at his attributes - passing system offense and 59 years old (when hired) and thought about everything differently than anyone in MS. I doubt we will find the passing part again but the possibilities are these:

- Willie Fritz
- Rich Rodriguez
- Gus Malzahn
- Jeff Monken

We need stability more than anything, and those guys will look at us as their last stop. If we hire Danny or Herman, they'll be looking to jump again. Maybe not Danny, but once he's showed you his stripes, he is what he is. Chadwell is a system guy too, but he's young and will be looking to jump.
That's a very Templeton-era list. Aim low.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login