Just lost Stonka

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's a very Templeton-era list. Aim low.
Open to your (realistic) suggestions. We aren't going to have our pick of the crop after firing a first-year coach.

I'd maybe add Phil Longo, if we want to go coordinator route.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
If we are gonna win next year we are gonna have to bring in a lot of portal guys and hit on them. We are losing a **** ton of starters and my guess is others are gonna bail out too. At least whoever we hire will have a built in excuse cause the cupboards will actually be bare. And let me add one more comment " but Leach couldn't recruit. Thats why we struggling. Now we are gonna wrap the state up ". I know it shouldn't be funny but I can't help but laugh at some of the moronic comments that have been made on these sites. Y'all gone learn today
If we’re being honest with ourselves, I think the harsh reality is that next season is going to be rough no matter what happens. However, with the right person in charge, I’m hopeful that we can hang on to the bright spots on our roster like Parson, and maybe muster up 5-6 wins next year

We’ve got to get rid of the poison, though, or else this down season could spiral into 4-5 years of misery

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Taking over this program will be a daunting task....'24 roster is in the bottom 25% of the league--
recruiting not looking great--and its mostly over for this cycle. A roster rebuild is required.

Looking at '24 schedule you have your usual powder puff non-conf schedule so likely to win all 4--
Meanwhile this is your '24 SEC schedule
  • Arkansas Razorbacks.
  • Florida Gators.
  • Georgia Bulldogs.
  • Missouri Tigers.
  • Ole Miss Rebels.
  • Tennessee Volunteers.
  • Texas Longhorns.
  • Texas A&M Aggies.
My guess is that if these games were handicapped today you are looking at 1 potential SEC win--Ark.

Next guy has got one heck of a job in front of him getting this roster up to SEC standards. He is going to need funds to compete in the portal and with HS recruits. First question any coaching candidate will ask is $ available in NIL pool. Lane drove NIL funding at OM. Your next guy has got to demand more NIL funding to be competitive.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Guys let's look on the bright side. Yes, we are losing games and recruits left and right. But, people like @The Peeper aren't "bored" with our offense any more. So things are looking up!***

We had no idea how good we had it with Leach. He was the perfect coach for us and the recovery from his passing, if it ever occurs, is a long way out. Things change quickly in this era of college football so I guess there's a chance someone turns it around quickly via the portal but there's also the chance we are witnessing the slow death of the program. Feels pretty bleak.
Did you actually enjoy watching that offense for the last 3 years, honestly? If you say yes you are lying to yourself and everybody here, our players didn't even enjoy it and would tell you. I said day 1 I didn't want to watch that offense and readily admitted it and it was horrible to watch. He had 1 good year here, ONE and was 2 games above 500 total while he was here 19-17, 2 whole games but you act like we contended for the conference championship. He was 11-15 in conference while he was here, that's 4 games under breaking even. I really liked Mike Leach the philosopher, story teller, historian, etc. and would have loved to walk around Key West with beer in hand listening to him. But, Coach Mike Leach, I'm on record as not appreciating and admit it.

If you enjoyed watching that brand of football and got your rocks off because we were 2 games above .500 you are easily entertained. As for the shat show that is on the field now, you can't pin that on me, never been a supporter of this regime. You can go back and look it up since evidently you hang on every word I say and take notes, I didn't want him either. I felt like he was too young, inexperienced, and just wasn't ready. I had met and been around him on 3 or so occasions and he was awkward around people, no charisma, etc and I could just feel he wasn't right, especially in the SEC.

Go on home tonight, turn off the lights, and go watch some old videos of those mighty victories from the Air Raid over Memphis, Tulsa, Bowling Green, East TN St, LA Tech, and sweet dreams..........

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Did you actually enjoy watching that offense for the last 3 years, honestly? If you say yes you are lying to yourself and everybody here, our players didn't even enjoy it and would tell you. I said day 1 I didn't want to watch that offense and readily admitted it and it was horrible to watch. He had 1 good year here, ONE and was 2 games above 500 total while he was here 19-17, 2 whole games but you act like we contended for the conference championship. He was 11-15 in conference while he was here, that's 4 games under breaking even. I really liked Mike Leach the philosopher, story teller, historian, etc. and would have loved to walk around Key West with beer in hand listening to him. But, Coach Mike Leach, I'm on record as not appreciating and admit it.

If you enjoyed watching that brand of football and got your rocks off because we were 2 games above .500 you are easily entertained. As for the shat show that is on the field now, you can't pin that on me, never been a supporter of this regime. You can go back and look it up since evidently you hang on every word I say and take notes, I didn't want him either. I felt like he was too young, inexperienced, and just wasn't ready. I had met and been around him on 3 or so occasions and he was awkward around people, no charisma, etc and I could just feel he wasn't right, especially in the SEC.

Go on home tonight, turn off the lights, and go watch some old videos of those mighty victories from the Air Raid over Memphis, Tulsa, Bowling Green, East TN St, LA Tech, and sweet dreams..........
Blithering idiot. Can't make people like you see the reality of Leach's long track record.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006

So has no Rizz and is probably mid

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Blithering idiot. Can't make people like you see the reality of Leach's long track record.
What does his track record have to do what he did here? His "long track record" has ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOTHING to do with what he did here, nothing at all. And you can't speculate on what he may have done here this year or 5 from now either. Facts are facts, you can fantasize all you want to in that fantasy world that only you live in but at the end of the day its not real no matter how many times you click your ruby red slippers together

• Sad

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
How do we get God to help with recruiting again? He doesn't seem to favor Arnett.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022

Cool story grandpa. Could you have made it any longer? Nice how you're going to hold that COVID season against Leach. Very magnanimous. Since we're handing out homework assignments, why don't you go watch the replays of our games this year.

Bottom line, you lost this one champ. You have and continue to prove your stupidity about Leach. Just take your L like a man.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Cool story grandpa. Could you have made it any longer? Nice how you're going to hold that COVID season against Leach. Very magnanimous. Since we're handing out homework assignments, why don't you go watch the replays of our games this year.

Bottom line, you lost this one champ. You have and continue to prove your stupidity about Leach. Just take your L like a man.
Everybody had a Covid season, some won games some lost......and those like you use it as an excuse.

Why would I want to watch this seasons games? I had nothing to do w/ Arnett and don't care for what's he's done, which is what I put in the last reply, were you confused by that? Haven't missed being at a home game this season though, how about you? Matter of fact haven't missed one in probably 12 years now.

You didn't answer any of the questions I posed either, dispute any of the facts I stated. "If's and Buts" and what could have been don't count

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Everybody had a Covid season, some won games some lost......and those like you use it as an excuse.

Why would I want to watch this seasons games? I had nothing to do w/ Arnett and don't care for what's he's done, which is what I put in the last reply, were you confused by that? Haven't missed being at a home game this season though, how about you? Matter of fact haven't missed one in probably 12 years now.

You didn't answer any of the questions I posed either, dispute any of the facts I stated. "If's and Buts" and what could have been don't count
Here's a trivia question for you. At how many stops did Leach have an 11 win season, despite the program's previous futility?

Answer: Until his untimely passing. Every 17ing one.

Second question: How many times has MSU won 11 games in a season?

Answer: Not 17ing once.

And to answer your one question, yes I did enjoy watching our team. Especially last year. Remember when we almost beat Arkansas in 2021 and Will drove us down the field in about 20 seconds only for our kicker to let us down again? That was cool. But hey, that kind of thing bores you.

So watch the hell out of Mike Wright because his passing ability and your cognitive abilities are just about the same.

Sep 29, 2022
I heard he was ok with the current state and overall trajectory of the program, but the twerking in the Junction was more than he could bear.

• Haha
Reactions: beachbumdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Here's a trivia question for you. At how many stops did Leach have an 11 win season, despite the program's previous futility?

And to answer your one question, yes I did enjoy watching our team. Especially last year. Remember when we almost beat Arkansas in 2021 and Will drove us down the field in about 20 seconds only for our kicker to let us down again? That was cool. But hey, that kind of thing bores you.

So watch the hell out of Mike Wright because his passing ability and your cognitive abilities are just about the same.
You are as bad as Goat, what Leach did anywhere else has absolutely NOTHING to do w/ what he did here, NOTHING. You evidently missed the part about "if's and but's" and what could have been, they don't count. What counts is we were 2 games above .500 overall and 4 games under .500 in conference in the Air Fade. You can fantasize all you want about "games we almost won", those don't count either. You are really reduced to bringing up games we almost won, seriously? You trying to blame me for that too like you are trying to blame me for Arnett? You are the one w/ cognitive problems evidently

As for Wright, I asked why he wasn't getting more than a play or two per game, all I asked. They put him in (only after Will was hurt) and he sucked. He shouldn't be on the field the rest of the year.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
You are as bad as Goat, what Leach did anywhere else has absolutely NOTHING to do w/ what he did here, NOTHING. You evidently missed the part about "if's and but's" and what could have been, they don't count. What counts is we were 2 games above .500 overall and 4 games under .500 in conference in the Air Fade. You can fantasize all you want about "games we almost won", those don't count either. You are really reduced to bringing up games we almost won, seriously? You trying to blame me for that too like you are trying to blame me for Arnett? You are the one w/ cognitive problems evidently

As for Wright, I asked why he wasn't getting more than a play or two per game, all I asked. They put him in (only after Will was hurt) and he sucked. He shouldn't be on the field the rest of the year.
Maybe your night nurse can write it in crayon so you’ll understand but I doubt it. Just know when I see your avatar I immediately think, “This will be the mindless drivel of a buffoon.” You’ve come through every time. Don’t let up now. You’re well on your way to being the Croom of six pack posters.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

Did you like Mullen and his 9-15 SEC record over the same time period with wins over 3 ranked teams? Leach actually had wins over 7 ranked teams during that time.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Above all! We need an offense that attracts skill players.

And we need a nasty SOB DC!!

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Did you like Mullen and his 9-15 SEC record over the same time period with wins over 3 ranked teams? Leach actually had wins over 7 ranked teams during that time.
The SEC was absolutely stacked during Mullens entire tenure…and we routinely had the hardest conference schedule with the worst OOC schedules mixed in, not allowing us any room for error after a few conference losses. Not taking up for Dan but had not lost a couple of Eggs..and picked up 1 other LSU game….he would have been more respected. He had his chances.

I have no problem running him back as long as he commits to us during his contract years. 6/7 more years of Dan would have us back, without question.

Reactions: patdog

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Man that Stinka.

Clap Reaction GIF

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

So watch the hell out

oint are you trying to make with the above text?

EDIT: I withdraw the question. (I 17ing hate this POS interface on my phone.)

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
EDIT: I withdraw the question. (I 17ing hate this POS interface on my phone.)
Tap reply to the post you want to reply to. +quote is a multi quote which allows you to quote multiple messages.

1699319661706.png

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Maybe your night nurse can write it in crayon so you’ll understand but I doubt it. Just know when I see your avatar I immediately think, “This will be the mindless drivel of a buffoon.” You’ve come through every time. Don’t let up now. You’re well on your way to being the Croom of six pack posters.
You know you are full of name calling but really short on any facts. Is that all you've got?

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
The SEC was absolutely stacked during Mullens entire tenure…and we routinely had the hardest conference schedule with the worst OOC schedules mixed in, not allowing us any room for error after a few conference losses. Not taking up for Dan but had not lost a couple of Eggs..and picked up 1 other LSU game….he would have been more respected. He had his chances.

I have no problem running him back as long as he commits to us during his contract years. 6/7 more years of Dan would have us back, without question.
I didn't post that to dis Dan. Just showing that his record wasn't really any different than Leach's during his first 3 years.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Not dissing his prior conf experience as Coach Leach put together solid teams and had an overall impressive record before arriving at MS.
BUT, he had never faced the level of opposing talent he saw in the 3 years he coached in the SEC. Given MS's talent level he managed to go 11-15 in conf play which is not a disaster--especially when you throw in the 3-4 powder puff wins on your schedule. Some might argue that given the talent level he slightly overperformed. I really can't say one way or the other....

Coach Leach's legacy on the recruiting side now "appears" to be an issue....use of the term "appears" is selected as admittedly I know so little about your roster...only know your starters are heavily weighted towards seniors--though i don't know enough to evaluate roster stats.

So here are two questions:
a) who are the players recruited by Leach making substantial contributions to this year's team; and

b) now that Leach's recrruits are all on campus how would you describe the overall talent level among players he recruited in terms of having legit SEC potential.

I said earlier that your roster has to be rebuilt....this was not an informed opinion--more like a casual observation.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Not dissing his prior conf experience as Coach Leach put together solid teams and had an overall impressive record before arriving at MS.
BUT, he had never faced the level of opposing talent he saw in the 3 years he coached in the SEC. Given MS's talent level he managed to go 11-15 in conf play which is not a disaster--especially when you throw in the 3-4 powder puff wins on your schedule. Some might argue that given the talent level he slightly overperformed. I really can't say one way or the other....

Coach Leach's legacy on the recruiting side now "appears" to be an issue....use of the term "appears" is selected as admittedly I know so little about your roster...only know your starters are heavily weighted towards seniors--though i don't know enough to evaluate roster stats.

So here are two questions:
a) who are the players recruited by Leach making substantial contributions to this year's team; and

b) now that Leach's recrruits are all on campus how would you describe the overall talent level among players he recruited in terms of having legit SEC potential.

I said earlier that your roster has to be rebuilt....this was not an informed opinion--more like a casual observation.
Well, are you accounting for our best players which have been poached and or graduated during his tenure? Your questions seem to lead towards fluidic answers, which no one has the answer to, equal or against. Simple truth, had coach not passed, we wouldn’t be answering these stupid questions nor would you be asking them.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
my questions are straighforward--

a) among Cuach Leach's three classes (60+ players) which players are currently contriibuting in games in a meaningful way, and
B) among those not currently contibiuting in ga]ames identify those players thought to posses legitimate SEC level talent.
this is a 5-15 minute exercise for someone who is famiiar with your roster.

This is critical data, with or without a coach search, as you will have to improve your roster. I could se you parting ways with 20 or more scholarship players in a thorough house cleaning.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why are we still arguing about Mike Leach? The man has been dead for almost a year. We need to move on. Maybe once we fire Arnett we can finally turn the page and get behind a new coach. For the record, I loved Mike Leach and thought he was poised to do great things here, but we will never know. But the constant bickering about Leach and the Air Raid is pointless. We don’t run the AR anymore and what we run now is absolute crap. A new coach is needed and hopefully, the day after Thanksgiving, we will be well on our way to getting one.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
This is not an argument about mike leach--it is an inquiry concerning your returning talent level. Apparently, no one wants to discuss the details--perhaps that is all the answer anyone needs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login