Just noticed this with the basketball schedule (not great news)

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Classes at MSU don't resume after Christmas break until January 18th. We play three conference home games before that date (Dec. 29th, January 8th, and 12th). We absolutely got the shaft from the schedule makers on that one.

ETA: Misread the schedule, that Ole Miss game early is in Oxford. But that's still three SEC home games before students come back.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Wow, that Arky game will tell us a lot about this team. The non conference schedule looks a little soft so the RPI won't go up unless we beat Louisville.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If I'm a student, I think I'd be back by January 8th. I don't see much reason to sit around your parents' house.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If I'm a student, I think I'd be back by January 8th. I don't see much reason to sit around your parents' house.

This ^ is always the correct answer. Get back to campus kids. Your parents are only acting like they want you around.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
It's somewhere in between the stuff at your elementary school and Charmin. If you aren't careful and don't execute properly, it could cause some damage. Remain focused on the task at hand, should be in the clear. Clean and fresh for SEC play

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
I think part of the reason the semester is pushed back is to allow time for the "Winter Session". There are some kids taking classes the weeks of Jan 3-12, not sure of the #. This is a new deal that didn't exist back in the 90's when I was there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login