Just saw a buddy post a youth volleyball match on Facebook….

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
good joke?

An easy way for Easter and Transgender Visibility Day to not fall on the same date is if Easter was on an actual date since, you know, it should be.
He was crucified and then 3 days later he resurrected. So take the date he was crucified, add 3 days, and boom you have Easter.

Or if we want it to not conflict with a Transgender Visibility Day and also be on a Sunday each year, throw a dart at a calendar and select the Sunday in April that is closest to where the dart lands. That is as logical and truthful as how Easter is actually decided each year.

Nah, instead of figuring out the actual date he was killed and adding 3 days, we celebrate Easter on the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox...and Easter therefore varies by like 5 weeks.
I mean...what?!?
Oh yeah, Easter is decided in that manner because Jesus' crucifixion, death, and resurrection is really just tied to Ostara which was a Pagan Holiday that celebrated renewal and rebirth(spring).

So a bunch of outrage ready people got outraged because they were told to, even though a Trans Visibility Day doesnt negatively impact them in any way, even though Trans Visibility Day has been on the same date for almost 15 years, and even though the Christian holiday they are so sensitive over is taken from a Pagan Spring holiday and even uses the Pagan Holiday's date setting process, which varies by 5 weeks, to use as Jesus' death and resurrection(which should be a set date).
TLDR
Stop crying, Gertrud.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
I doubt he’d have any problem selling them a wrench or a doughnut, but if he does not want to participate in celebrating something that violates his religious beliefs, he shouldn’t have to.
Was the baker invited to the wedding or something? Why's he celebrating, other than he sold a cake?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Or just ignore the 12 hours of outrage over it and move on.
Are you saying I should ignore the 12 hours of outrage?
If so, I didn't even know about the outrage until well after 12 hours part when it started.
Sure I can ignore it...I basically did and have, except for responding to a post on a message board a couple days after that mentioned it.

If you are saying the people who are outraged should ignore the issue for 12 hours, well yeah that would definitely reduce how frequently they seem to get all worked up and outraged.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Other than boomers on FB and the very few conservative media outlets, few raised a stink.
Um...so a quick Google shows a stink was raised on FB, Twitter, state and federal legislators, state elected officials, Fox News commentators, and more.
And it's still going.

But yeah, other than all the people and outlets that raised a stink, very few raised a stink.
Good point.**

Reactions: dorndawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Um...so a quick Google shows a stink was raised on FB, Twitter, state and federal legislators, state elected officials, Fox News commentators, and more.
And it's still going.

But yeah, other than all the people and outlets that raised a stink, very few raised a stink.
Good point.**
Conservatives have very few voices in the MSM, from what I understand FNC is the biggest of them all though. I don't watch any of them.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This was always weird to me. The bunny itself is like the most Pagan thing ever.

Heck Christmas has ties to Pagan things too. Something about the year end celebration or whatever.
Yeah, Jesus wasn't actually born on Dec 25th and likely not even during winter.
The Church declared Dec 25th as his birth date a few hundred years after Jesus died.
And yet again, a Christian celebration was aligned with an already existing Pagan celebration that took place about that time during the Winter Solstice.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
good joke?

An easy way for Easter and Transgender Visibility Day to not fall on the same date is if Easter was on an actual date since, you know, it should be.
He was crucified and then 3 days later he resurrected. So take the date he was crucified, add 3 days, and boom you have Easter.

Or if we want it to not conflict with a Transgender Visibility Day and also be on a Sunday each year, throw a dart at a calendar and select the Sunday in April that is closest to where the dart lands. That is as logical and truthful as how Easter is actually decided each year.

Nah, instead of figuring out the actual date he was killed and adding 3 days, we celebrate Easter on the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox...and Easter therefore varies by like 5 weeks.
I mean...what?!?
Oh yeah, Easter is decided in that manner because Jesus' crucifixion, death, and resurrection is really just tied to Ostara which was a Pagan Holiday that celebrated renewal and rebirth(spring).

So a bunch of outrage ready people got outraged because they were told to, even though a Trans Visibility Day doesnt negatively impact them in any way, even though Trans Visibility Day has been on the same date for almost 15 years, and even though the Christian holiday they are so sensitive over is taken from a Pagan Spring holiday and even uses the Pagan Holiday's date setting process, which varies by 5 weeks, to use as Jesus' death and resurrection(which should be a set date).
Writing 5 paragraphs in short that says “The day in which Easter is observed is wrong and people need to get over it for the sake of Trans Visibility Day” is incredible. Trans Visibility Day. This is the hill you want to die on?

I would imagine your response will be “no I don’t care about Trans Visibility Day, I think it’s dumb to get worked up over any of it” because this is your tactic in every argument, to dismiss anyone who has an opinion on something they deem important to their beliefs, because you want to override their beliefs by saying “it’s not a big deal, stop caring”

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather be on the side of the Creator of the universe than celebrating mental illness in this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login