Just saw a post on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Yeah, I know…

Anyway graphic said that masks are required now for indoor events at MSU for a period beginning this weekend? I’m coming here for confirmation because I didn’t see anything on the HailState site.

We drive up for 1 basketball game a year and I have tickets to the game this weekend against Bama. I’m curious because I have until Thursday to cancel the hotel. I guess I’ll eat the tickets, but we were vaccinated so we wouldn’t have to wear masks. I’m not driving 8-hrs round trip to wear a mask…

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, the indoor mask requirement was put out on something official looking by the university yesterday and it specifically mentioned Humphrey Coliseum.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I’ve already downloaded the tickets to my wallet so don’t think I can transfer. But if screen grabs work and if anyone wants 4 free tickets, send me a PM…

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/HailState/status/1480669530544390148

For the record, I'm not looking to go to a ballgame where I have to mask either. It still amazes me some folks get through wearing one all day every day for their job.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Screen grabs work fine for tickets, I've done it a bunch. Just take a pic and text it to whoever wants it

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Being in the arena is just 2.5 hours of your trip. You go to 1 game a year and have planned a weekend around going.

I spend 4 hours in some bleachers on Sunday at a volleyball tournament. Wearing the mask isnt something I enjoy, but it just wasnt difficult to do. The only time I thought about the mask was when I would take a drink.

Do what you want and all, but its unfortunate to see an entire weekend trip be cancelled over that.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Wearing the mask isnt something I enjoy, but it just wasnt difficult to do. The only time I thought about the mask was when I would take a drink.
Sorry, I just don't buy this. Masks suck, bottom line. If you believe you're saving the world and conforming for society, fine. But they are not enjoyable to wear at all.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah, I know…

Anyway graphic said that masks are required now for indoor events at MSU for a period beginning this weekend? I’m coming here for confirmation because I didn’t see anything on the HailState site.

We drive up for 1 basketball game a year and I have tickets to the game this weekend against Bama. I’m curious because I have until Thursday to cancel the hotel. I guess I’ll eat the tickets, but we were vaccinated so we wouldn’t have to wear masks. I’m not driving 8-hrs round trip to wear a mask

If you already have the tickets, I would just go and keep an open bottle of water in your hand while at your seats. Maybe I'm giving our fans too much credit, but I don't think the Hump is going to be full of Karen's looking to rat on people with a mask around their neck or hanging from one ear. It is stupid and mostly pointless, and I get not wanting to participate in idiocy, but I wouldn't give up something you want to do over it. They've got your money. Make them kick you out if they are that concerned about it and enjoy being in starkville.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Slightly off topic. I am blind as a bat. I wear contacts 99% of the time during the day. Decided to wear my glasses last week and our local hardware store has a mask requirement... Good lord, it was horrible. The fogging was unstoppable.

For two years I have always thought everyone is being whiny about how horrible masks are.. but if you wear glasses I truly feel sorry for you. It was unbearable for 5 minutes and I just gave up and went home. That sucks.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Being in the arena is just 2.5 hours of your trip. You go to 1 game a year and have planned a weekend around going.

I spend 4 hours in some bleachers on Sunday at a volleyball tournament. Wearing the mask isnt something I enjoy, but it just wasnt difficult to do. The only time I thought about the mask was when I would take a drink.

Do what you want and all, but its unfortunate to see an entire weekend trip be cancelled over that.

I think I look at it differently - if I need to be masked up and don't "have" to be there, I'm very likely not going. I put have in quotations because we all have a different definition. A basketball game involving a team that ain't gonna come close to making the tournament ain't a necessity for me.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Sorry, I just don't buy this. Masks suck, bottom line. If you believe you're saving the world and conforming for society, fine. But they are not enjoyable to wear at all.
You get used to them. I've been wearing them every working day for over 35 years. Whether I enjoy wearing them or not I've never really thought about. I just accepted it as something I had to do. The fact that it made sense to do so helped. I didn't really care for the N95s at first, but I got used to them fairly quickly.

For another poster, I've been wearing glasses for close to 20 of those years. You learn how to deal with it. The big thing is a proper fit.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Slightly off topic. I am blind as a bat. I wear contacts 99% of the time during the day. Decided to wear my glasses last week and our local hardware store has a mask requirement... Good lord, it was horrible. The fogging was unstoppable.

For two years I have always thought everyone is being whiny about how horrible masks are.. but if you wear glasses I truly feel sorry for you. It was unbearable for 5 minutes and I just gave up and went home. That sucks.

It kind of helps to sit your nose pads directly on top the the mask, but yeah it sucks. Especially when it's cold or humid.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You get used to them. I've been wearing them every working day for over 35 years. Whether I enjoy wearing them or not I've never really thought about. I just accepted it as something I had to do. The fact that it made sense to do so helped. I didn't really care for the N95s at first, but I got used to them fairly quickly.

For another poster, I've been wearing glasses for close to 20 of those years. You learn how to deal with it. The big thing is a proper fit.
No, you don't. You're being paid to wear the masks. The public isn't.

I don't know if you've noticed, but nobody cares about your opinion on COVID anymore. You're one of the most selfish people I've come across on this board, I remember when you wanted everyone to stay at home except you (you're in the medical field of course, you're better than everyone). Same sick desperate pleas that came from Dobbs.

I'm just glad TateR told ya'll to go 17 yourselves with the mandates. It's been a great time to live in the state of Mississippi.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
It's been a great time to live in the state of Mississippi.

We quite literally have been one of the world leaders in covid deaths per capita. Your definition of "great time to live in Mississippi" and mine are very different.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I was at the local dolla gentrals earlier and overheard a real meeting of the minds. One said that he was told by someone it said on the news that Louisiana and Mississippi are issuing statewide mandates. The person who told this two threw a 30 second fit before continuing to check him out. It was something else.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We quite literally have been one of the world leaders in covid deaths per capita. Your definition of "great time to live in Mississippi" and mine are very different.
It's been great going to stores, restaurants, etc. without having to wear a mask, while many states just continue to push their populations into depression with draconian restrictions. Unfortunately some of my favorite restaurants were in Jackson, and their mandates have kept my money out of there, and probably for my own good, considering the murder rate. Go Woke Go Broke I guess. Same for a few other liberal cities, after April 2021 (when MS fully opened up).

I'm vaxxed, and naturally social distance, and I've not gotten COVID (that I know of). If you feel the need to wear a mask because you like to get up close to people, go ahead. But I won't do it unless I have zero choice. Your business wants to wear a mask? Well, you better hope I can't live without your product.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
It's been great going to stores, restaurants, etc. without having to wear a mask, while many states just continue to push their populations into depression with draconian restrictions. Unfortunately some of my favorite restaurants were in Jackson, and their mandates have kept my money out of there, and probably for my own good, considering the murder rate. Go Woke Go Broke I guess. Same for a few other liberal cities, after April 2021 (when MS fully opened up).

I'm vaxxed, and naturally social distance, and I've not gotten COVID (that I know of). If you feel the need to wear a mask because you like to get up close to people, go ahead. But I won't do it unless I have zero choice. Your business wants to wear a mask? Well, you better hope I can't live without your product.

I've done all of those things while wearing a mask and it's never been a big deal. But I'm also not a selfish, mentally fragile person.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I've done all of those things while wearing a mask and it's never been a big deal. But I'm also not a selfish, mentally fragile person.
Call names if you want but the mask is simply not doing anything of note. There's just no reason to do it since the vaccines became commonplace. It's not that I'm selfish, it's that you are a either a scared conformist or a virtue-signaling conformist. If you're immunocompromised, wear your mask, but STFU about other people.

Again, I've not gotten COVID. Seems like what I'm doing works. Have you?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Don’t cancel (culture) it. The city, the program, the school can all really use your support right now. We’re talking about a mask for 5 minutes. I’d venture a guess and say there is 0 chance anyone makes you wear it while seated.

They’re not asking a lot.

gwadSIG

Aug 30, 2017
Probably best if everyone wears swimming googles too if we want to be serious about stopping the spread.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Call names if you want but the mask is simply not doing anything of note. There's just no reason to do it since the vaccines became commonplace. It's not that I'm selfish, it's that you are a either a scared conformist or a virtue-signaling conformist. If you're immunocompromised, wear your mask, but STFU about other people.

Again, I've not gotten COVID. Seems like what I'm doing works. Have you?

So me wearing a mask is virtue signaling but you not wearing a mask is not virtue signaling in your own way? Ok.

Masks absolutely help reduce virus transmission. Anybody who says differently is either lying or stupid. Masks plus vaccines are great... but too many "I'm tough and no one can tell me what to do" morons won't do either, so we're stuck with a virus that we can't quite eradicate. Which is why we have to keep reintroducing measures to try to tamp down the spread.

I've worn a mask in public since the start of this and I've not gotten covid either. Seems like what I'm doing works.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Agreed- they are not enjoyable to wear. It's why I said ' wearing a mask isn't something I enjoy.

How do you 'not buy this'? I said the exact thing you said.
Or do you not buy my comment that it isn't difficult to wear a mask? If that's the case...I got nothing for you. You just let it sit there on your face, even 1st graders can do it.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
No, you don't. You're being paid to wear the masks. The public isn't.

I don't know if you've noticed, but nobody cares about your opinion on COVID anymore. You're one of the most selfish people I've come across on this board, I remember when you wanted everyone to stay at home except you (you're in the medical field of course, you're better than everyone). Same sick desperate pleas that came from Dobbs.

I'm just glad TateR told ya'll to go 17 yourselves with the mandates. It's been a great time to live in the state of Mississippi.

Interesting, a personal attack. Well done. Yes, you do get used to the masks if you wear them enough.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
We quite literally are a leader in comorbidities.

Yes, we are. Which, to me, means we'd make more of an effort to introduce measures that could help stop the spread. But we have those "I'm tough and no one can tell me what to do" morons I referenced earlier in charge of the state. They also seem to be "I don't care about anyone else but myself and refuse to be inconvenienced in even the slightest way" morons as well.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
So me wearing a mask is virtue signaling but you not wearing a mask is not virtue signaling in your own way? Ok.
No, it's me living a normal life.

Masks absolutely help reduce virus transmission. Anybody who says differently is either lying or stupid.
They do, they are a barrier after all. But not a good one, especially if it's not N95. They really just aren't worth screwing with if you're vaccinated.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yes, we are. Which, to me, means we'd make more of an effort to introduce measures that could help stop the spread. But we have those "I'm tough and no one can tell me what to do" morons I referenced earlier in charge of the state. They also seem to be "I don't care about anyone else but myself and refuse to be inconvenienced in even the slightest way" morons as well.
Those leaders all strongly encouraged people to get the vaccine.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Saw it posted on WLBT yesterday. That said I’d planned to try to go this weekend but not now. But if anyone has a court side seat they’ll give me I’ll take it. JuT know I’ll show up in a Let’s Go Brandon shirt with a diaper taped to my face.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Do you blame Tate for Mississippi being the fattest state as well? There just might be a correlation that one should consider.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Saw it posted on WLBT yesterday. That said I’d planned to try to go this weekend but not now. But if anyone has a court side seat they’ll give me I’ll take it. JuT know I’ll show up in a Let’s Go Brandon shirt with a diaper taped to my face.

A reasonable response to a recent spike in virus transmission.***

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Shutting the 17 up and leaving people’s personal decisions and timelines up to them isn’t hard to do and is something most of us will enjoy.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Will they require it for real though? I was at Mercedes Benz stadium Sunday for saints game, and you had to wear a mask. Almost everyone wore it through the ticket/security check and either pocketed or tossed it. Very few were wearing masks in the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login