Just so I’m clear about this defense

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The team that A&M picked off 3 times and held to 2 yds/carry just scored 6 TDs on 26/28 passing and 6.3 yds/carry.

Guys, that is f’n ridiculous. I don’t know that moving on from Lebby makes any sense, but assistants’ heads have to roll after the season. You cannot keep telling the fanbase to hang in there with us while allowing this level of ineptitude to continue

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I probably attended my last game this season today. It was misery all around. ****** team and too hot. My son was wise enough to stay home. The only reason I am buying season tickets next year is because of the home schedule. They have to make a change in the coaching staff. The entire Defensive staff needs to go. The O line coach need to go. The running backs looked better today.

Reactions: BreckyBratt

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It is aggravating as hell that the only time our defense stops a pass is when the WR drops the ball. They are always open, and the QB is never pressured. This has to be the worse defense Miss State has ever put on the field.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I'm still baffled that Lebby thought as a first year head coach it was wise to hire a defensive coordinator who was a first time coordinator.
I doubt it was his first choice. I’d be surprised if it was in the top 5, if even top 10.

Lebby doesn’t want to end his career because he played favorites. We are just in a historically terrible spot brought on by years of terrible decisions made by our president and former card carrying member of the pronoun brigade AD.

And, no matter who is running what, this year was always gonna be dismal on defense. We hit a perfect storm from every g0t damned angle this season in football.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Maybe he wasn’t given the budget to hire one.
Hutlzler is making a million a year. DJ Durkin at Auburn is making 1.2 million a year. Cory Batoon at Missouri, who was the defensive coordinator at South Alabama, is making 1 million a year.

There were other options with prior coordinator experience that we could have gone with or at least attempted to hire instead of a guy that's never had that responsibility before.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
This season is a good opportunity for those of us with young kids to bring them to a game. No traffic, show up late, leave early, go play at the tailgate and not watch, plenty of empty space in the stands for them to run around, enough cell service to watch bluey.

Do you really want to expose young impressionable children to this level of incompetence?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Could we be worse. Three weeks in a row, teams hit a running back in the flat. We haven’t covered it yet. This is the most poorly coached defense I have ever watched. I am normally a positive poster, and I laugh at you fans who wave their arms at the first negative play…Fire the coach, you say. But this effort by the defensive coaching staff is a damned embarrassment.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Hutlzler is making a million a year. DJ Durkin at Auburn is making 1.2 million a year. Cory Batoon at Missouri, who was the defensive coordinator at South Alabama, is making 1 million a year.

There were other options with prior coordinator experience that we could have gone with or at least attempted to hire instead of a guy that's never had that responsibility before.
Durkin will probably be job hunting again after the season

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I doubt it was his first choice. I’d be surprised if it was in the top 5, if even top 10.

Lebby doesn’t want to end his career because he played favorites. We are just in a historically terrible spot brought on by years of terrible decisions made by our president and former card carrying member of the pronoun brigade AD.

And, no matter who is running what, this year was always gonna be dismal on defense. We hit a perfect storm from every g0t damned angle this season in football.
Maybe we should have spent some time recruiting portal there instead of offense.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

If $h1th3ad Hutzler is making a cool mill a year that is literally $750k too much.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
This season is a good opportunity for those of us with young kids to bring them to a game. No traffic, show up late, leave early, go play at the tailgate and not watch, plenty of empty space in the stands for them to run around, enough cell service to watch bluey.
You know. You are hitting me where I live. Bravo.

Oct 20, 2022

Very good points. He wasted $999,999.00 on his most important staff hire - DC!!!

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
It is aggravating as hell that the only time our defense stops a pass is when the WR drops the ball. They are always open, and the QB is never pressured. This has to be the worst defense Miss State has ever put on the field.
Sad Friends Tv GIF

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
The thing that pisses me off the most is lack of effort. Even when we are in position to make the play we are whiffing on tackles, and getting our tackles broken. Idc about lack of talent, thats not an excuse for lack of hustle or basic fundamentals. The amount broken tackles and whiffed tackles seems like an effort issue to me.

Reactions: Bulldawg56

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Even the body langue is piss poor on the defensive end. At least with the O I see some effort and grit. The defense is the opposite, it’s like they don’t even want to be there. It’s as if it’s an inconvenience for them to be on the field. They almost have a *** this **** I wanna go home attitude

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't think we will care it where we play in Georgia next when we get through in Austin.

I have a terrible habit of mixing up the town names in Georgia.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I quit yelling at the TV after the 1st quarter because our defensive players couldn't hear me telling them to use their arms. Over and over they hit the RBs or receivers but didn't wrap them up. They just bounced off our guys and kept on going. It was the worst example of defensive football I've ever witnessed. Even the announcers were commenting on the number of missed tackles. Lebby said after the first two games they were going to fix that. Well, either he isn't serious or the players are not listening to him.

I've commented on this before. Assistant Coaches tend to be more player friendly. They chum around with the players and treat them more like buddies. Good head coaches are task masters. They don't listen to excuses and there is H*ll to pay if players don't execute. Lebby better figure this out soon or he'll end up like Moorhead. The entire defense should be paying the price for the dismal "SHOWTIME" performance yesterday. The defensive coaches should be getting a good round of *ss kicking this week for the weak *ss product they are fielding. There is no excuse for what we have witnessed in these first 4 games.