Kelly: we're not who we thought we were

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
“For some reason we thought we were somebody else,” Kelly said after the game. “We thought we were the two-time national champion Georgia Bulldogs or something, I don’t know what we thought. But we were mistaken.”

To be fair, it would have been like playing LSU in New Orleans. Playing FSU in Orlando for game 1. Not a great idea. Each team got $5M though.

FB_IMG_1693843663110.jpg

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The teams played a de facto home and home series without actually playing at home. Last year’s game was in New Orleans and this year’s game was in Orlando. I guess sponsors dictated where they would play and they got a nice paycheck, but I miss big time season opening non conference games played on campus.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The teams played a de facto home and home series without actually playing at home. Last year’s game was in New Orleans and this year’s game was in Orlando. I guess sponsors dictated where they would play and they got a nice paycheck, but I miss big time season opening non conference games played on campus.
Same. I hate the neutral sites. Relic of the old era when you had to entice teams to play big P5 OOC matchups. Nowadays, with mandates, it’s unnecessary.

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Those portal transfers are a double edge sword. FSU did a better job than LSU. I can't remember an LSU team coming out the second half defeated.

Reactions: eckie1

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
He looks like he’s getting punched in the face in that bottom picture.

• Haha
Reactions: skydawg1

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
“For some reason we thought we were somebody else,” Kelly said after the game. “We thought we were the two-time national champion Georgia Bulldogs or something, I don’t know what we thought. But we were mistaken.”

To be fair, it would have been like playing LSU in New Orleans. Playing FSU in Orlando for game 1. Not a great idea. Each team got $5M though.

View attachment 397828

View attachment 397828
They play USC first game next year too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

For some reason, he has to give same story ever place he goes. He can get you in club house but he can't get you in the club.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login