Ken Rosenthal Fired by MLB Network

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
One of the better guys of the business was fired today because of previous criticisms of Rob Manfred. Essentially take everything the MLB Network says from here on out as coming straight from the commissioners office. Especially during this lockout.

With that clown running this league during the lockout I have no high hopes whatsoever that there will be a smooth end to the lockout and it will last longer than we all expect. Major League Baseball can't get out of its own way.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Damn. That sucks. Rosenthal always seemed like one of the best guys in baseball media. It will be interesting to see where he lands in a world where ESPN cant go back and throw big bucks around anymore. FOX fulltime vs his current role?

Also of note on the MLB Network. It is ******** that there is no MLB network in HD in Meridian on Comcast. I have complained every year since I moved back home to no avail. I had MLB Network in HD in college in freaking 2005 or '06....

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Anybody got the 8 bit rundown on where the MLB lockout stands? I love MLB and it's been doing everything it can for 25+ years to make itself as relevant as boxing and horseracing.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Baseball could be so great. But it's so, mismanaged. While on a college visit with my kid up in N. NY, we stopped by the HOF. It's a ***** to get to but it's cool. Not sure baseball will ever be what it once was.

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Anybody got the 8 bit rundown on where the MLB lockout stands? I love MLB and it's been doing everything it can for 25+ years to make itself as relevant as boxing and horseracing.
Players want a salary cap. Owners don't

Players want the league to with hold money from teams that tank. The owners obviously don't.

There are other minor things like universal DH, expanded playoffs, and draft lottery's. Things don't forecast too terribly but if there isn't a deal in place by March 1st its time to panic.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008

Players want the league to with hold money from teams that tank. The owners obviously don't.

There are other minor things like universal DH, expanded playoffs, and draft lottery's. Things don't forecast too terribly but if there isn't a deal in place by March 1st its time to panic.

It will get worked out. I havent seen any reputable sources overly worried yet.

I really do hope they do figure out how to punish tanking. And definitely the DH.

I also hope they are able to work out shortened arbitration timelines

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I don’t think the players want a salary cap. The MLB has the luxury tax, which the players feel functions as a salary cap and the union has said they want that gone. The guarantees contracts and no salary cap is something players enjoy.

The main thing I’ve read about the union wants is to drastically change service time, when players reach free agency, raising minimum salary for younger players and coming up with a minimum they a team has to spend on player salaries.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login