Kentucky is must win

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
For me. I will expect Selmon to be heating the phones up finding coaches if we lose. This staff is garbage and I believe it's starting to unravel. Retaining this staff will only prolong the downfall.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If he isn’t reaching out to agents already he needs to be fired too
I agree somewhat. At least making a list. Im sure a lot of people thought they might go on a run against this weak 3 game stretch. Kentucky is the last realistic hope to get to 6. If we lose 5 and 7 is the record. And honestly at least 3 of those I would say we got lucky to survive

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I agree somewhat. At least making a list. Im sure a lot of people thought they might go on a run against this weak 3 game stretch. Kentucky is the last realistic hope to get to 6. If we lose 5 and 7 is the record. And honestly at least 3 of those I would say we got lucky to survive
So 6-6 plus a bowl game means he’s coming back but 5-7 or worse means he’s done here? What’s significant about that 1 game difference? Is that 1 extra win going to bring in the players needed to turn this around? There should already be a presser scheduled for the Friday after Thanksgiving.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
For me. I will expect Selmon to be heating the phones up finding coaches if we lose. This staff is garbage and I believe it's starting to unravel. Retaining this staff will only prolong the downfall.
He better be heating the phones up right now because it is over. Selmon will be doing Arnett a kindness to put him out of his misery next month. Arnett has no clue what he is doing. He whiffed big time on both coordinators, he can't manage any aspect of the game. He can't recruit. We are routinely treated to the spectacle of multi-year starters running into each other in the 8th game of the season and O-linemen that don't know who they are supposed to block so they block nobody. Thanks for trying but Arnett cannot recover from this.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If you really feel this staff is garbage, would a win over Kentucky really change that? I hope it does not change any decision makers mind. Cause you’re right, this staff is garbage and a win over anyone else and USM won’t change that.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If I was the AD I would probly fire him early. I would be interviewing coaches now. This team did not show up ready to play Saturday. Thorne torched our D. The game was over at half. But I think Arnett still has some supporters. I'm not one. I'm not a fan of any of these coaches we have but I have read that Coach Bump and Coach Barbay are getting a lot of interference from administration and Zach so I'm not as down on them. We suck badly and I don't buy into its a talent problem. The guys they signed in the portal arent even contributing. We will not beat KY.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
If I was the AD I would probly fire him early. I would be interviewing coaches now. This team did not show up ready to play Saturday. Thorne torched our D. The game was over at half. But I think Arnett still has some supporters. I'm not one. I'm not a fan of any of these coaches we have but I have read that Coach Bump and Coach Barbay are getting a lot of interference from administration and Zach so I'm not as down on them. We suck badly and I don't buy into its a talent problem. The guys they signed in the portal arent even contributing. We will not beat KY.
If “administration” is interfering with coaches doing their job, the problem is deeper than coaches and talent.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
chicago fire GIF by NBC

Kentucky game shouldn't matter. Some think we can't afford to hire another coach, but we can't afford not to--the cost of apathy in the fanbase will be much higher. I was pulling for Arnett and thought it was a good hire under the extremely unique circumstances. (May would have worked for Arnett to retain the interim title but doubt he would have stayed for that.) Unfortunately, it's not going to work out.

Reactions: knock him out john

patdog

May 28, 2007
If “administration” is interfering with coaches doing their job, the problem is deeper than coaches and talent.
I don't know if they're actively interfering with coaches doing their jobs, but the problem definitely is deeper than coaches and talent. The real problem is at the top.

Nov 25, 2019
if he doesn't keep a list at all times, then he needs to be fired.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If you really feel this staff is garbage, would a win over Kentucky really change that? I hope it does not change any decision makers mind. Cause you’re right, this staff is garbage and a win over anyone else and USM won’t change that.
Yep, a win over USM isn't any more impressive than beating a terrible AR team 7-3 only because we had a penalty on the play that they returned a fumble for a TD on.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I honestly don't think anything happens until the egg bowl. I'm not saying we win anything else outside of usm but we 4 games left. One sec team could not show up and **** the bed and lose to a bad msu team. If he makes it to six without off the field issues, I don't think arnett gets fired.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yep, a win over USM isn't any more impressive than beating a terrible AR team 7-3 only because we had a penalty on the play that they returned a fumble for a TD on.
I would hope the decision to move on has already been made. I’m sure OM being as good as they are this year likely helps make that decision a little easier

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't think they will can him early. My point is by now you know what you have. We are not bearing Texas 8&4 or OM. Unless the team has quit we should beat USM. I imagine the administration would wait and see about KY. After that you need to be finding out who is available and who you can actually afford to buy out of their contract and get negotiations going. Fire Zach Friday morning and make your hire Saturday

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I would hope the decision to move on has already been made. I’m sure OM being as good as they are this year likely helps make that decision a little easier
Several threads on the ole Miss board, rooting for a State win so we keep Arnett.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login