Kermit Davis

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Didn't we have a shot at Kermit when Rick Ray was hired? I hate to say nice things about tsun but they've got a pretty good team this year despite this recent loss. Kermit's a decent-good coach IMO.

Reactions: mo7888

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Didn't we have a shot at Kermit when Rick Ray was hired? I hate to say nice things about tsun but they've got a pretty good team this year despite this recent loss. Kermit's a decent-good coach IMO.
He probably would’ve taken the job but he hadn’t accomplished much at MTSU at that point and Stricklin was afraid of his past of NCAA issues when he was at A&M.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Now that paying players is legal, maybe he is not that good of a Coach anymore
Recruiting Wizard is the term that was thrown around in his time at OM when he tried to seem legit. Maybe his recruiting ability might be tempered just a little by having his main tactic out in the open now. I have got a Auburn brother in law that sends me at least three messages a day about how AU screwed up and his is a piece of ****. All I know is the man is a piece, but he can coach so ball so there is that.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Yes he was talked about when Ray was hired.

No they don’t - they were down 21-0 to an average UCF team the other night. Ask one of your OM friends if they think they have a good team and if they think Kermit is a good coach. The OM fans I interact with are starting to talk mid-season firing to get a head start on a coaching search…

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Yes he was talked about when Ray was hired.

No they don’t - they were down 21-0 to an average UCF team the other night. Ask one of your OM friends if they think they have a good team and if they think Kermit is a good coach. The OM fans I interact with are starting to talk mid-season firing to get a head start on a coaching search…
I get that loss was terrible but based on the overall season YTD, I think they are decent but not as good as us and I'm looking forward to start sweeping them again like we used to under Stans.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He probably would’ve taken the job but he hadn’t accomplished much at MTSU at that point and Stricklin was afraid of his past of NCAA issues when he was at A&M.
He's had a strange career. The last 7 years at MTSU and that 1st year at Mississippi was pretty good. Both before and after that, there's about 16 years of extreme mediocrity.

Reactions: Ghostman

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
They fired Andy Kennedy to hire a guy who isn’t quite as good as Andy Kennedy.
Yup. There were basically in the same position with Kennedy that we were with Stans. Not likely to do better on teh first try but fans were tired of the level of success they were having. Difference is, I don't think Kennedy had lost the team and he was finally getting to recruit to a decent arena before they fired him, and it's not like they ever had basketball boosters as committed as ours. They should have probably given him a few more years to see what happened.

Reactions: patdog

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I get that loss was terrible but based on the overall season YTD, I think they are decent but not as good as us and I'm looking forward to start sweeping them again like we used to under Stans.
As do I. That 5-yr undefeated stretch under Stans was glorious…

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012
Did Ole Miss save us by hiring Kermit? When he was first hired by them I was a little sad about it. Looking at his run there I am glad they made the hire before we could. Thank the Lord we found Jans!!!!
It wasn’t long ago that OM was laughing at the fact they got Kermit and we were dumb enough not to pursue him. They now think he is a great guy but they can’t run him out of Oxford fast enough.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login