Kiffin about to go to A&M isn’t he?

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
I don’t see Kiffin leaving Ole Miss for AnM despite the money. He’s a good fit at Ole Miss. He’ll eventually leave for only a couple of the big prominent college jobs or the NFL

Reactions: DogStuckAtUM

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
From an Aggie fan ....ouch

"And another vicious circle of A&M football culture comes to an all too familiar end. It goes deeper than who the coach or players are. It's just our culture. We can't be a winner regardless of who the head coach is. Texas A&M is a rich but dead end for all coaches. I've been a witness for 65 years."

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think he is a fool not to go. Look at the talent they currently have. Dumbo has been recruiting in the top five for years now. Plus NIL money out the Ying yang. He could go in there and win big immediately and get paid stupid money. If it doesn't work out he can take his 76 mill and ride off into the sunset too

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

patdog

May 28, 2007
I would hire Kiffin. Rumor from a Mississippi board is they’re going after Elko at Duke.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Some how the Mississippi State message board made the ole miss job better than the A&M job, but everybody in the country knows it’s just not true.
No one said it was a better job, but at OM win 8 games/year and he's king for life. In hindsight, Danny boy probably wishes he'd stayed at MSU, in spite of UF being the better job. Lame likely faces little inside or outside interference in Oxford, that would be the case at TAMU. Plus he has a kid(s) in school there (I think?).

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Did Ole Miss throw a ton of money at buildings? They can pay Kiffin another $2 million annually. That's cheaper and a bigger return on investment than our baseball stadium.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
No one said it was a better job, but at OM win 8 games/year and he's king for life. In hindsight, Danny boy probably wishes he'd stayed at MSU, in spite of UF being the better job. Lame likely faces little inside or outside interference in Oxford, that would be the case at TAMU. Plus he has a kid(s) in school there (I think?).
That’s not how coaches are wired, though.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I doubt many, if any, coach thinks like that. If you got someone who’s comfortable winning 8 games a year with no threat of being fired, that’s not a very ambitious coach. I wouldn’t want him.

All of these guys egos and are competitors that all want to win at the highest level.

Reactions: woozman

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I wouldn't put money on that freaky dickie not doing it.
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I doubt many, if any, coach thinks like that. If you got someone who’s comfortable winning 8 games a year with no threat of being fired, that’s not a very ambitious coach. I wouldn’t want him.

All of these guys egos and are competitors that all want to win at the highest level.
He's not happy winning 8, but knowing 8 keeps fans happy is the thing. He'll still challenge for 10 or 11 wins every few years. He can make the playoffs from OM, not every year, but periodically.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Every good coach thinks they can win anywhere. A&M pays a LOT of money.
First of all, that is unrelated to the point. The point is that, despite their enormous wealth, AnM will never be a prominent program because they have never won sht and they have no history. Wealth does not equate distinction or relevance.

If their wealth made a difference then they would have won something over the last 100 years

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Two ways to look at this IMO.....

Kiffin has resurrected himself at UM, and his daughter loves Oxford .....if you remember what he has said over the last couple of years about living in Oxford, I don't think he is going anywhere....he has a son who is coming into HS as a QB and is in the circle of all the high profile camps...not sure where he goes to HS though....not in Oxford...

On the other hand, he makes $9M a year.....take home is $4.5, and he gives half that to his ex wife, which means he makes $2.25M/year....would he chase money or ego?

Hard to say.....but my best guess is that he will be in Oxford for a while...

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Doubt that's their guy. Imagine hiring a guy that just got blown off the map. They've got Lanning or someone lined up. If it falls through, they can go get Lane, he'd beg to go.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah I'm guessing lanning or Elko. But with kind of go away money snd contract going to make a lot of coaches look

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Honestly don't think Kiffin has the track record for aTm. They are looking for someone to make them a perennial "have", ala Bama, Ohio State, Michigan. Kiffin has never taken a team to that level.

I think Sexton is floating his name for the job same as he did for Auburn.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He's not happy winning 8, but knowing 8 keeps fans happy is the thing. He'll still challenge for 10 or 11 wins every few years. He can make the playoffs from OM, not every year, but periodically.
If I believed I was one of the best coaches in college football, which I promise you lane thinks that, I wouldn’t be satisfied with what I could achieve at ole miss. Just my opinion that Kiffin would leave for A&M

Reactions: patdog

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Remember when Lane commented on what great talent A&M had after their game? Sexton knew that Jimbo was gone and put a bug in Lane’s ear so Lane made the comment to elevate him as a coaching candidate. Yep, Lane WANTS to go. Guarantee it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Kiffin has resurrected himself at UM, and his daughter loves Oxford .....if you remember what he has said over the last couple of years about living in Oxford, I don't think he is going anywhere....he has a son who is coming into HS as a QB and is in the circle of all the high profile camps...not sure where he goes to HS though....not in Oxford...

On the other hand, he makes $9M a year.....take home is $4.5, and he gives half that to his ex wife, which means he makes $2.25M/year....would he chase money or ego?

That settles it. If he ain’t going to Texas A&M, he’s definitely going somewhere else this year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Some how the Mississippi State message board made the ole miss job better than the A&M job, but everybody in the country knows it’s just not true.
The A&M job is better, but its only marginally better. You can get to the 12-team CFP from Ole Miss about as easily as you can from A&M. Arguably more easily if the last 10 years are any indication.

A&M and Auburn jobs are about the same level, and Kiffin already turned that one down. So, it doesn’t seem to make sense that he’d leap for a similar opportunity a year later.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
They are about to offer him 12-13 million.
We are somehow bound at the ankle. When one is peaking, the other is on the way up.. then meet on the way down… then fortunes flip.. then back to meeting again.

that would keep the ebb and flow.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009

No state income tax in TX, so that’s a 5% raise right off the bat…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login