Kinda sums it up

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Wow, if one of your own, who happens to know a thing or two about the game, and calls you out publicly, very very bad optics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
I would say that at the start of the game, Sellers looked poised. Once we got behind by 2 scores, though, he started pressing hard and he looked like a freshman qb who's only started 3 games before today. He has no proven weapons. That's a problem.

Hope remains eternal for me, however. Remember TN and Clem two years ago.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
You going to believe your lying eyes or what Beamer tells you?
Seems like with Beamer when he stumbles into an effective game plan and actually puts players in a position to succeed, no one is able to build on that success in subsequent games. Those back to back Tennessee and Clemson wins 2 seasons ago really sting now, because I thought we finally experienced good coaching and things would be better going forward. This would probably be true for 90 percent of power 5 programs with a decent coach, but we have a dud
.. IMHO.

Reactions: SigEp411
Mar 8, 2023
I like Beamer and he did some really good things here the first two years.... it is unfortunate however that he can't seem to hire an OC. Perhaps part of it is that Sellers just isn't ready yet as much as we all wanted him to be after seeing him making big plays in mop up situations last year. The other part of it is, I don't think USC has an SEC caliber WR. These guys DO NOT GET OPEN. I also noticed that when the play breaks down and Sellers scrambles, they just stand still. They don't take off and run to try to get open and help him out.

I think Beamer made some HORRIBLE calls on Saturday that fall directly on him
1) The fake punt was obvious to everyone in the stadium and never should have been called
2) The gimmick play with the back up QB in there and he fumbles
3) Taking a holding penalty in the second half when we should have taken the result of the sack. Just plain stupid on his part.

I hope they turn it around.... if not, next year will certainly be a hot seat year, unless the new A.D. makes a bold move.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
Seems like with Beamer when he stumbles into an effective game plan and actually puts players in a position to succeed, no one is able to build on that success in subsequent games. Those back to back Tennessee and Clemson wins 2 seasons ago really sting now, because I thought we finally experienced good coaching and things would be better going forward.
For the life of me I don't understand why that OC search didn't begin and end with a 3 year deal for Freddie Kitchens

Reactions: Cocky704

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Guys, i hear ya about some of beamer’s decisions, but a green qb needs a little more time before the pocket breaks down andrb’s need a sliver of a hole to run through! I don’t think we can put all of oline woes on beamer!

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Fire ant offense. Guys running around in motion like their heads are cut off while one circles the QB a time or two all the while making it look totally random before the snap

Reactions: Anon1728194693

Anon1728194693

Oct 6, 2024
Guys, i hear ya about some of beamer’s decisions, but a green qb needs a little more time before the pocket breaks down andrb’s need a sliver of a hole to run through! I don’t think we can put all of oline woes on beamer!
Sellers is not the answer, if he is the future then we are in for a dismal time. He can't throw effectively, we have no short passing game, he makes bad decisions. When he does throw the opposition stands as good a chance at getting the ball as our receivers do. A 52% passer does not cut it.

Anon1728194693

Oct 6, 2024
I think Beamer is done.

I think Beamer is done.

Wow, if one of your own, who happens to know a thing or two about the game, and calls you out publicly, very very bad optics.
It's sad when the opposing cheerleaders know what we plays we are going to run as well at the opposing coach and all the fans in the stands do. Why don't we just concede 1st and 2nd down guaranteed run up the middle and go to straight to the firehouse 3rd down pass where the defense pins their ears back and blitzes from every angle. Seems to have been working really well? Evidently we don't have a short passing game or the "primary receiver" is covered because Sellers never looks anyone off.

Anon1728194693

Oct 6, 2024
Have you looked at the roster? We have guys standing on the sideline who are 6'4" , 300 + lbs and more and they never play a down. Surely they can't block any worse than what we have on the field! If I were getting paid 6 Mil + per year I would be putting bodies on the field until I found someone to do the job, hurt feeling and wounded pride aside.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Seems like with Beamer when he stumbles into an effective game plan and actually puts players in a position to succeed, no one is able to build on that success in subsequent games. Those back to back Tennessee and Clemson wins 2 seasons ago really sting now, because I thought we finally experienced good coaching and things would be better going forward. This would probably be true for 90 percent of power 5 programs with a decent coach, but we have a dud
.. IMHO.
Don't forget the "collapse" against Floriduh..... people seem to have forgotten that game. I haven't. LSU? Collapse. Florida? Collapse. To be fair that's not just a Beamer thing. Our FB program has a distinct niche in 3 areas of college football. 1) We can and do beat teams we have no business beating. 2) We lose to teams we have no business losing to. 3) We have a unique way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again.

It was 2 days later before I really felt comfortable that the Kentucky game this year was really over....... lol.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
I like Beamer and he did some really good things here the first two years.... it is unfortunate however that he can't seem to hire an OC. Perhaps part of it is that Sellers just isn't ready yet as much as we all wanted him to be after seeing him making big plays in mop up situations last year. The other part of it is, I don't think USC has an SEC caliber WR. These guys DO NOT GET OPEN. I also noticed that when the play breaks down and Sellers scrambles, they just stand still. They don't take off and run to try to get open and help him out.

I think Beamer made some HORRIBLE calls on Saturday that fall directly on him
1) The fake punt was obvious to everyone in the stadium and never should have been called
2) The gimmick play with the back up QB in there and he fumbles
3) Taking a holding penalty in the second half when we should have taken the result of the sack. Just plain stupid on his part.

I hope they turn it around.... if not, next year will certainly be a hot seat year, unless the new A.D. makes a bold move.
I'd like to add the "declined" holding penalty on Ole Miss when they were backed up on their own 1/2 yard line. It was second down and they managed to get about 5 yards to the outside and it was 3rd and 5 but the holding call.....which we declined to keep it 3rd down, was dumb IMHO.

My reasoning? : Yes, I understand by accepting they would have only been backed up 6 inches - *BUT* - we needed *SOMETHING* to happen. A break. Now consider we actually do have one of the best Attacking Defenses in the country and..... you back em' up 6 inches closer to the goal line and you turn our guys loose. We almost had a safety on that 1st down play.

I understand the math of declining the penalty. I do. But we needed a spark. We held them on 3rd down anyway so it didn't matter but they were still able to punt their way out of it. JMHO. I know the math says I'm wrong. Sometimes you gotta roll the dice. *THAT* was when we needed to roll the dice, not the fake punt crap. Whatever. Sigh.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Fire ant offense. Guys running around in motion like their heads are cut off while one circles the QB a time or two all the while making it look totally random before the snap
As an aside to your correct analysis - I LOVE IT when other teams do that nonsense when they are LOSING with time running out and they really need to just line up and snap the ball. (Drives me nuts, they hurry up down the field, line up on the line, the clock is running, there's only like 20 or 30 seconds or so left in the game and then they start doing all this shifting around......almost all teams do it. It's stupid.)

During the normal flow of the game? Sure. But when you have no Time Outs and you're trying to score to win it's just mind boggling.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
As an aside to your correct analysis - I LOVE IT when other teams do that nonsense when they are LOSING with time running out and they really need to just line up and snap the ball. (Drives me nuts, they hurry up down the field, line up on the line, the clock is running, there's only like 20 or 30 seconds or so left in the game and then they start doing all this shifting around......almost all teams do it. It's stupid.)

During the normal flow of the game? Sure. But when you have no Time Outs and you're trying to score to win it's just mind boggling.
We just look a little more confused about it. That and we do it too much from too many guys. As I said in the game thread, seems over the top gimmicky to me.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login