Kirk Herbstreit with foot in mouth syndrome

dawgatUSM

Apr 6, 2008
Very much out of context. He clarified that comment and I can’t say I disagree with anything he or des said.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Well he’s also blown away when players exchange blows, unless it’s his team. 17 Kirk Herbstreit and the brand he represents.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Very much out of context. He clarified that comment and I can’t say I disagree with anything he or des said.
I love that him and Desmond decry these players as what is wrong with the game today. One of them took a swipe at video games. Last I checked NCAA 14 paid Herstriet for his likeness. Also when Desmond was playing Lloyd Carr was the highest paid coach in the Big 10 making 250k. Mel tucker now makes 9.5 million. The game has changed without a doubt, but making it seem like it’s the players fault is absurd.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
When Herbstreit played there were 19 bowl games. Today there are 39. If a player has the ability to make life changing money, not just for himself but his family, why would he risk that to play in the Birmingham or Duke's Mayo bowl?

Herbstreit has the luxury of saying that since he never had to make that decision and most likely his sons won't either.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login