Kyle Whittingham is a top 5 college football coach. Change my mind

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Just beat USC for the fourth consecutive time, with a walk on QB and a linebacker playing running back. He has turned Utah from a middling program to a western power. The man can flat out coach.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Just beat USC for the fourth consecutive time, with a walk on QB and a linebacker playing running back. He has turned Utah from a middling program to a western power. The man can flat out coach.
Nobody should argue with you. He’s good. If USC or Oregon had any brains, he Would have been hired long ago.Kind of like when Leach used to kick their *** on on a regular basis with 2 and 3 star players.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Nobody should argue with you. He’s good. If USC or Oregon had any brains, he Would have been hired long ago.Kind of like when Leach used to kick their *** on on a regular basis with 2 and 3 star players.
My guess would be that he hasn’t ever been interested in leaving. He’s Mormon, born and raised in Utah, went to BYU and has coached at Utah since 1994. I just assume he’s happy where he is.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I like the coach at Notre Dame. Cant remember his name, but he is a top 5 to me.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
USC isn't good. Lincoln Riley isn't a good HC.

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Leach was LDS and graduated from BYU as well. Just saying. However, Utah going to the Big 12 will make it really easy for them to get to the 12-team playoff. Not so easy at State in SEC.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Leach was LDS and graduated from BYU as well. Just saying. However, Utah going to the Big 12 will make it really easy for them to get to the 12-team playoff. Not so easy at State in SEC.
Really easy? As easy as it’s been for Georgia?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Really easy? As easy as it’s been for Georgia?
Making the 12 team play off from the Big 12 is way easier than making it to the 12 team play off in the SEC. Utah would be a consistent 7-to-9 win team in the SEC but in the Big 12 they will consistently win 10 to 12 games. The Big 12 is a P5 and will be guaranteed spots in the 12 team play off. What two teams comes the closest in the Big 12 to being like Bama, GA and LSU? It's OU and Texas. They are leaving the Big 12 making that an easier conference to win and making the SEC even tougher conference to win. It is fixing to get harder on GA, Bama and LSU. Thant conference isn't jack without those two teams. Utah will be the big dog there.

So I wasn't talking how it is now, I was talking how it's going to be starting next season. The Big 12 is going to be more balance and less brutal than the SEC going forwards.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login