Ladies BBall tonight

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Two must wins at home with Auburn tonight and Kentucky on Sunday. Two of the weakest SEC teams and absolute must wins to stay inside the tourney field.

After that is a stretch of tough, but winnable games that could really help the resume if they can find some wins.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Two must wins at home with Auburn tonight and Kentucky on Sunday. Two of the weakest SEC teams and absolute must wins to stay inside the tourney field.

After that is a stretch of tough, but winnable games that could really help the resume if they can find some wins.
Anybody know why Anastasia Hayes is not in the building tonight?

• Sad
Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Auburn just scored 22 points in 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter. I doubt they've done that at any point this year.

Tied at 47 going to the 4th.

This would be a very bad loss. We took their best shot, gotta find a way.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn had 18 points in the first half, and then scored 29 points in the third quarter. Hopefully they blew their load and we win the final quarter.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm just now realizing that with injuries and wherever Anastasia Hayes is, we are in a similar situation to last year. No depth.

Got nothing out of anyone beyond the starters. Luckily we got a lot out of them and Jessika Carter is much better than anybody we had in the post last season. 24 points and 11 rebounds.

Jerkaila Jordan with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists. She's a warrior.

Asianae Johnson with 13, 7 and 5.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I'm just now realizing that with injuries and wherever Anastasia Hayes is, we are in a similar situation to last year. No depth.

Got nothing out of anyone beyond the starters. Luckily we got a lot out of them and Jessika Carter is much better than anybody we had in the post last season. 24 points and 11 rebounds.

Jerkaila Jordan with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists. She's a warrior.

Asianae Johnson with 13, 7 and 5.
Very athletic, but can't shoot FTs worth a crap. Who'd have thought a bulldog hoopster couldn't shoot FTs.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Just be prepared for Cohen to pursue Purcell after the season.

Harris was not hired by Cohen the first time after Schaefer left. She is now 0-6 in the SEC. Purcell gradated from Auburn. His family are big Auburn boosters.
All the people screaming about us not hiring Johnnie Harris after Vic left look pretty dumb right now. Auburn is terrible for the second straight year. Her career SEC record is 2-20.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Right now, Charlie Creme has us as a "Last Four Byes", which means we're in the field of 64 (as opposed to "Last Four In", which would put us in the 'play in' games in the field of 68). I think making the tournament is a good (and achievable) goal for this team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Right now, Charlie Creme has us as a "Last Four Byes", which means we're in the field of 64 (as opposed to "Last Four In", which would put us in the 'play in' games in the field of 68). I think making the tournament is a good (and achievable) goal for this team.

We will make the tournament. Did any of you see our game against South Carolina? Hayes and Carter are the stars, but we have good players and a good team. We can get better, and I hope we will, but you guys got spoiled by Vic. I don't know if we can get back there, but it's going to take a while with the talented teams we have to play in the SEC.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Just be prepared for Cohen to pursue Purcell after the season.

Harris was not hired by Cohen the first time after Schaefer left. She is now 0-6 in the SEC. Purcell gradated from Auburn. His family are big Auburn boosters.

No way Harris survives under Cohen and I'm sure Purcell will be his first target. Can't know his heart, but it seems very unlikely we can hang on to him if Auburn comes knocking.

Hell, he's even married to Auburn's greatest women's coach ever, Joe Ciampi.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We will make the tournament. Did any of you see our game against South Carolina? Hayes and Carter are the stars, but we have good players and a good team. We can get better, and I hope we will, but you guys got spoiled by Vic. I don't know if we can get back there, but it's going to take a while with the talented teams we have to play in the SEC.
The Vic/Johnnie/State combo was magic. Nobody has come out for the better after the split, at least thus far.

Texas is barely top 30.
State is middle of the road in the SEC.
Auburn might win 2 conference games this year and they’ll be upsets no matter who it is.

In 2-3 years, who knows? Right now, it’s not been great for anybody.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Stumbled on the post game presser. These girls have a ton of personality. Love to see them get on a roll. Need to get behind them.

Purcell confirmed Annie out indefinitely non disciplinary issue. Her sister had concussion in practice. Ramani Parker day to day with injury. Denae Carter out possibly for season with torn miniscus (sad)...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He is?

Has anybody told his wife or is she a willing beard?

Lol, whoops. Married to Ciampi's daughter.

Who knows, we may hang on to him. He seems to really like it here and if he's got the program in the tourney and looking good at the end of this season, why take on a complete rebuild.

We never pulled Van Chancellor from OM.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login