Lane Forsythe, Graham Yntema and Bryce Hubbard have all entered the portal today

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately some that need to will not, because they already burned their free transfer year when coming here.
Can schools release players from the one year sit out period? Really seems like somebody encouraged to move on shouldn't have to sit.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Can schools release players from the one year sit out period? Really seems like somebody encouraged to move on shouldn't have to sit.

Not sure, unless they are a grad transfer. In any case, they can be cut if they have to be. I’d think the NCAA probably has a process to allow cut players who already burned their freebie to maybe transfer down a division without sitting. But I’m not sure.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I hate that so many vital members of the national championship team had to have it end this way. It's truly remarkable. At this point it's like it never happened.
Same. It would’ve been one thing if MSU had just gone all in on winning a title that year like the ‘21 Rams, and we knew that there was going to be a rebuild following the title.

It seemed like our roster was set up to go on an absolute tear, though, and at the absolute least… I expected super regional appearances to be a pretty common thing for us for the next 4-5 years. To go from that CWS to whatever this is in less than 2 years is just remarkable

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Grad transfer is still a possibility for some.
Whatever scholarships they may get (which aren't much since there are only 11.7/team) are renewable yearly so they aren't guaranteed a spot. It may sound cold but, its perform or be nicely told its been nice to know you. It's happened every year for quite awhile but the portal was never a factor back then

Reactions: patdog

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I hate that so many vital members of the national championship team had to have it end this way. It's truly remarkable. At this point it's like it never happened.
It‘s amazing to see what Forsythe has done after crushing itduring the NC year. I can’t help but think he’s received awful coaching since then. It’s tragic.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It‘s amazing to see what Forsythe has done after crushing itduring the NC year. I can’t help but think he’s received awful coaching since then. It’s tragic.

Or maybe…. He was just an average player the entire time that got HOT like that rest of the team did, for a 6-7 week period, then reverted back to his old average self.

Probably more likely than bad coaching.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I took my Natl Championship tee shirt today and moved it to a drawer of shirts that I never wear or really need to be given to Goodwill or thrown away.
It’ll probably go into the work outside, get paint/stain on it pile but damn that seems like ages ago when I enthusiastically ordered it and had to wait because of the back orders.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I loved watching Lane play shortstop, but this year, something happened. Sad that a member of the NC team is choosing to leave. Wish all the young men who leave success.

Keep the website classy was Charlie’s request or did you forget?

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
He was only great in the field. He had a decent championship series at the plate but the only time that he was ever good at the plate was the end of the ‘22 season

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is not an easy game and it's about to get even less easy with the talent that's coming in the SEC. It's part of the growth of baseball

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Our staff evaluated several guys poorly, and wasted precious limited time trying to develop them.

The end result is what we’ve witnessed 2 years now

kired

Aug 22, 2008
He was only great in the field. He had a decent championship series at the plate but the only time that he was ever good at the plate was the end of the ‘22 season
I still think he tried to bulk up some to help with hitting, and it hurt his fielding. He was so smooth playing ss last year.

He was either warm or ice cold at the plate. He hit decent early as a freshman, late in sophomore year, and hit ok early this year. But then he had slumps where he couldn’t buy a hit.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
This is a big unforgivable I have with Chris Lemonis. We FINALLY win a NC only to have it diminished about as much as humanly possible by two historically bad seasons courtesy of our coaching staff.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I loved watching Lane play shortstop, but this year, something happened. Sad that a member of the NC team is choosing to leave. Wish all the young men who leave success.

Keep the website classy was Charlie’s request or did you forget?
What a sad way to end his time here. A 3 year starting shortstop, who made all-tournament as a freshman on a CWS championship team, gets knocked out of the line-up by a true freshman playing out of position on a last place team and then unceremoniously processed into the portal.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is not an easy game and it's about to get even less easy with the talent that's coming in the SEC. It's part of the growth of baseball
Baseball isn't growing. It may be slightly growing in the SEC, but overall, it's not growing. What you're talking about is the growth of NIL in the SEC, but that is WAY over-emphasized.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Baseball isn't growing. It may be slightly growing in the SEC, but overall, it's not growing. What you're talking about is the growth of NIL in the SEC, but that is WAY over-emphasized.

I think the SEC is going to grow baseball. The audience is already there with TV games. Overall it is not growing but I think each year SEC baseball will compete with minor league for talent. And SEC teams will continue to spend on facilities, NIL, etc. Check out the plans for the Arkansas baseball facility.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What a sad way to end his time here. A 3 year starting shortstop, who made all-tournament as a freshman on a CWS championship team, gets knocked out of the line-up by a true freshman playing out of position on a last place team and then unceremoniously processed into the portal.
Except, he had a job to do & he didn't do it. He was given that job until Lemonis caught enough heat that he had to make a change (that should've been made before then).

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think the SEC is going to grow baseball. The audience is already there with TV games. Overall it is not growing but I think each year SEC baseball will compete with minor league for talent. And SEC teams will continue to spend on facilities, NIL, etc. Check out the plans for the Arkansas baseball facility.

MiLB still solidly outdraws NCAA. Just going by the top 50, AND, they play more games. Plus, it truly doesn't matter who wins in MiLB!!

So again, the SEC at the top throws off the numbers.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

MiLB still solidly outdraws NCAA. Just going by the top 50, AND, they play more games. Plus, it truly doesn't matter who wins in MiLB!!

Both numbers would also be more accurate if they would report actual asses in seats instead of just tickets sold, too.

10,200 average “attendance” for MSU in a year when they finished dead last in the SEC is quite a hilarious data point.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019

The top 10 MiLB teams average attendances would all be in between Ole Miss and Texas on this list

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The top 10 MiLB teams average attendances would all be in between Ole Miss and Texas on this list
That's right. 10. Now do the bottom. And like @Perd Hapley said, colleges are reporting tickets sold.

This isn't a competition. College is win at all costs, while MiLB is all development. And MiLB still draws more fans.

Baseball is a 'something to do' sport for most people. You just have it on TV in the background during the summer, and it's something to do on a Friday night if you live in a city with a team. The whole college 'win, win, win' thing doesn't really play that well outside of a few places, especially now that kids are quitting baseball at an alarming rate.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The bottom 10 in the MiLB would all fall below the top 50 on the list from that tweet
Check the bottom of the top 50. You are kinda dumb. If you're going to do the bottom, you have to go all the way down the NCAA list. Or at least compare the actual rankings. But hey, if you want to be specific, but add up the numbers of the say, the top 50 (since that's what we have there for the NCAA), and divide by the games.

I'll be waiting.

• Haha
Reactions: WrightGuy821

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Season stats on HailState.com say:

2021 .231 avg 13 errors
2022 .273 avg 4 errors (I swear I remember way more than that w/ him and Kamren James on same side)
2023 .248 avg 15 errors
Those two really only played well in the 2021 postseason.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Check the bottom of the top 50. You are kinda dumb. If you're going to do the bottom, you have to go all the way down the NCAA list. Or at least compare the actual rankings. But hey, if you want to be specific, but add up the numbers of the say, the top 50 (since that's what we have there for the NCAA), and divide by the games.

I'll be waiting.
The Bottom 10 of the Top 50 would land between 102 and 110 on the MiLB list. Not sure what you're trying to prove with this lol. Half of the SEC cares about baseball a lot. 11/14 SEC teams made the top 50 list in average attendance. The top 4 teams by average in the SEC are all getting at least 30% more people on average than the next closest team

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Season stats on HailState.com say:

2021 .231 avg 13 errors
2022 .273 avg 4 errors (I swear I remember way more than that w/ him and Kamren James on same side)
2023 .248 avg 15 errors
Should've said consistently hit the ball. Also, extra base hits were lacking. I thought he was going to take off but he fell off. The errors were just odd this year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The Bottom 10 of the Top 50 would land between 102 and 110 on the MiLB list. Not sure what you're trying to prove with this lol. Half of the SEC cares about baseball a lot. 11/14 SEC teams made the top 50 list in average attendance. The top 4 teams by average in the SEC are all getting at least 30% more people on average than the next closest team
You need to learn to read. Post #27 explained everything, before you had your comprehension failed. Not really sure what or why you're arguing this.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login